• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Tharman 'categorically' rules himself out as next PM

abcdexyz

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE — Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam has "categorically" ruled himself out as the Republic's next Prime Minister, saying the candidate should be someone from the fourth generation leaders.

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the launch of the new headquarters of Wong Fong Industries on Wednesday (Sept 28), Mr Tharman said: "I'm not the man (to be) PM. I say that categorically."

He added: "I'm good at policy-making, I'm good at advising my younger colleagues and supporting the Prime Minister, not at being the Prime Minister. That's not my ambition, and that's not me."

Succession is not an urgency in this term of government and it is not an immediate problem for Singapore Mr Tharman said, as Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is still in "top form".

"(Mr Lee) is healthy, even after that small scare recently. The doctors have given him a clean bill of health. And that's why we're focused on the fourth generation of leaders, building them up and enabling them to take over during the next term of government," he added.

On Monday, Yahoo Singapore published a survey it had commissioned, in which 69 per cent of 897 respondents had indicated Mr Tharman to be their first choice for Singapore’s next prime minister.

On the economy, Mr Tharman said the second half of the year will be a tough period for the republic and will probably see growth at the lower end of the 1-2 per cent range.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these ppl, they dont listen do they?
one, garnered the most vote in the last erection, and majority wants him to ascend the throne, yet he turn it down.
the other one, his health is failing and yet refuse to step down from the throne.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tharman must be saying : "不要害我啊!”

People want him to be the next PM can mean 2 things - succession or dethrone. I think the majority meant dethrone, so not being of the 4th generation is not the issue.

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chan CS probably told him to say it.

...kerling is smart and cunning...he knows the prince cannot be replaced....even at this moment...

Imagine, if he did not come out and deny.....knives will be out very soon.....very sure, he doesn't want losing a few million dollars a year of income.....where to find this kind of job in civvy street ????:smile:

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Tharman!

He is very SDP!

Even got jailed like CSJ!

Also he already Deputy PM level!

And right hand man of IMF boss largardia!

Shows that he got leow one!

Most important thing is he is humble!

If Amos Yee or opposition whack him, he won't retaliate!

Because he is one cool guy!

Ah Long should choose a 100% civilian man as PM!

Instead of some military fucking juntas!

The rest really cannot make it! Some are unhealthy, some are yahyah papayas, you feel like whacking them! Looking at their fuck face I feel really sian!

SGP will die if you let Yes Men or Military men run the show!

Because there is no storyline for SGP anymore!

Everybody has run out of ideas! LKY killed them!

Time is running out! Game over soon!

Last edited:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how about the govt set up a PM election among the viable PAP candidates? tharman, kee chiu, swee keat, etc?

let sinkies decide who should lead them in the next decade.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
omfg this sonofagun blackie dog,so what he is discreetly implying is he is the brains behind the operation(of the shitskinization of singapore) while arse loong is just a talking puppet?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about the govt set up a PM election among the viable PAP candidates? tharman, kee chiu, swee keat, etc?

let sinkies decide who should lead them in the next decade.

How abt giving them a sledgehammer n make them meat at cud de sex

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
...kerling is smart and cunning...he knows the prince cannot be replaced....even at this moment...

Imagine, if he did not come out and deny.....knives will be out very soon.....very sure, he doesn't want losing a few million dollars a year of income.....where to find this kind of job in civvy street ????:smile:

Totally agree, bro.

Not only will kerling lose his multi-million $ job, he may be slapped with false charges such as sodomy and imprisoned for life, like Malaysia's Anwar Ibrahim.

Most Sinkie Chinese perceive Sinkie Indians to engage in and enjoy acts of sodomy.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is already enjoying the high pay. Why would he want to work directly under Ho Ching & LHL:confused:

People would curse & swear at him for all the mistakes made by the royal couple. It is unlikely that the famiLee would give up power & they would remain the real power behind Tharman. He would be like a puppet on a string :smile:

[video=youtube;qhLlXvkm65Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhLlXvkm65Y[/video]

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was there a time people in Singapore openly "wanted" someone as PM. Not that I can recall. Tharman may not become PM but the change people want should be clear.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was there a time people in Singapore openly "wanted" someone as PM. Not that I can recall. Tharman may not become PM but the change people want should be clear.

The message is clear: people are just fed-up with the current leadership under Pinkie, or rather the lack of it and they want someone more competent (and compassionate) to lead the nation. None of the 4th gen buggers comes close to Tharman. Plus he's seen to be the leader of the more progressive faction within the PAP.

The other point is, this survey gives the lie to the oft-repeated statement by old fart that "Singaporeans are not ready for an Indian PM". That's hogwash. Racism exists here, as anywhere else, but Singaporeans by and large are meritocratic and pragmatic enough to want the best man for the job, even if he's of a minority race. The PAP should stop playing the race card.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole wayang is really on what the Familee wants, if Familee wants him to warm the seat he will do it witout hesitation. Thama is docile and will not go against the Familee's wishes.