• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

another Perspective from a Malaysian Developer

• Thread starter Deleted member 80916
  • Start date

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
You would be better off renting a nice seaview condo at RM2k a month and enjoy the rest of your money. When you get really old, Johor may be unsuitable, medical facilities is questionable.

Frodo said 600-700k condo, psf unknown....but i believe your suggestion only work best when the ppty price and rental difference is too far apart or you just want occasion staying. Eg if it is only 1% rental yield of the ppty cost, rent it, bcoz such ppty anytime can go down in value. But if you confident ppty price you bought nothing much to go down, buy it, years down the road, inflation will make its way to make your loan cheaper and affordable. Some more do not make current oversupply as a sign of no demands. If iskandar follow normal economic zone development phase, local would expect salary growth over years and purchasing power will different than now...some of the factors you need to consider if you intend to live there long term or make long term commitment. Rent it, you might miss out another bull run, even no bull run, you are not going to rugi much owning one if the price you get in is not too high.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo said 600-700k condo, psf unknown....but i believe your suggestion only work best when the ppty price and rental difference is too far apart or you just want occasion staying. Eg if it is only 1% rental yield of the ppty cost, rent it, bcoz such ppty anytime can go down in value. But if you confident ppty price you bought nothing much to go down, buy it, years down the road, inflation will make its way to make your loan cheaper and affordable. Some more do not make current oversupply as a sign of no demands. If iskandar follow normal economic zone development phase, local would expect salary growth over years and purchasing power will different than now...some of the factors you need to consider if you intend to live there long term or make long term commitment. Rent it, you might miss out another bull run, even no bull run, you are not going to rugi much owning one if the price you get in is not too high.

Depending on which project, a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom condo can be had for around RM750K, before developer discount.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shouldn't touch condo if can help it. Let the supply drop first.. There's just too much out there

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe many of the Johor properties will slowly become old folks home. :smile: Many Singaporeans say want to retire there mah....

By the way , the old folks home in SG is sibeh terrok leh , they charge you S$1,800/= pm per bed with 6 people in a room . Very stuffy and smelly . If I can , I rather stay in a studio condo in JB by myself

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way , the old folks home in SG is sibeh terrok leh , they charge you S$1,800/= pm per bed with 6 people in a room . Very stuffy and smelly . If I can , I rather stay in a studio condo in JB by myself

S$1800 = RM 5400.

Buy a small condo in Medini and stay. No need RM1.0m limit.

For RM 500k loan, you pay about RM3,000/mth. Employ a maid at RM 1000 /mth.
Balance RM1400 for other expenses and you get to keep the condo as well.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depending on which project, a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom condo can be had for around RM750K, before developer discount.

Actually right now, you can still buy a resale newly completed condo for less than RM500 psf. in the JB suburb.
A 1000 sq ft new condo in Tampoi (near Angsana Shopping Centre) is only asking for RM430K neg.
This project when first launched was known as the Latitude and the same unit type was only about RM280K 3 years ago.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually right now, you can still buy a resale newly completed condo for less than RM500 psf. in the JB suburb.
A 1000 sq ft new condo in Tampoi (near Angsana Shopping Centre) is only asking for RM430K neg.
This project when first launched was known as the Latitude and the same unit type was only about RM280K 3 years ago.

Not local leh...how can?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good point raised.

Maybe many of the buyers do not intend or never think about selling. At S$250-350k for a condo, I believe many businessmen in this forum can easily write the amount off even if they can't sell it off next time. They just want to enjoy the property and not worry too much about the money.

May not be so straightforward for the commoner in a salaried job as an employee.*You never know when liquidity of a property is necessary.

It also remains to be seen how sustainable the expensive condos bought mainly by foreigners will be in the next few years. If most buy without the intention for self-stay, and some may even refuse to pay maintenace fees, will the condos degrade? Will you dare stay in a condo that is dark at night or only 20% occupied? These issues got to be considered.

That's a foreigner's problem to find buyer.
So, you can see here, a local can easily get a new condo unit in the suburb for RM430 psf and if you're holding one that cost RM700 psf, how to sell?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

There's something not quite accurate with the comparison.

In a old folks' home, you have nurses and resident doctor to take care of the elderly, most of whom have some form of illness or mobility issues. They are served food, taken for walks, bathed, have social activities and regular health checkups, etc. Should they require emergency care, there's always the ambulance to take them to the hospital. All these cost money and hence explain why the cost is S$1,800.

If you are in a studio apartment in JB, it is assumed you are there alone with no medical aid or social service help. Should anything bad happen, one might possibly die there alone without anyone knowing! With failing eyesight and weak body, can you still drive to get food and other necessities?

I think it's best to consider buying a Johor condo now as a form of luxury item. Just buy like how you would buy expensive golf clubs, a BMW 5-series or collector's watches. People who buy them don't worry so much about the future. They buy to enjoy them because they got the money to spare. Even if these material items come to their end of life, the owners can say they have enjoyed the process.

If one buys a Johor condo (especially for non-Malaysians), trying to project or predict the property will boom next time, or that they can rent out, get capital appreciation, or keep for their "old age" home (and die there alone?!), there are risks involved. If these things don't happen, your money could be stuck there. Policies can change. (Hey, this is still Malaysia we are talking about!) You might end up only using the condo as an expensive holiday home next time and cannot cash it out.

So better to treat it as a "play thing" to be on the safer side than an investment asset.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
[FONT=&quot]One of those better ones in KL
-----------------------------------------

FULL TIME STAY(Per Calendar Month)

Twin Sharing Room
Walking, assistance with ADLS from RM 2500
Bed-Ridden RM 2650

Multiple Sharing Room ( 3 Bedded, 4 Bedded or 5 Bedded )

Walking, assistance with ADLS from RM 2300
Bed-Ridden RM 2450

Single Room

Single room with shared bathroom RM 2850
Single room with attached bathroom from RM 3250
A couple are given a discounted rate RM 3800

ABOVE PRICES INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING

· 24 Hour Care, Assistance & Nursing
· Health Record encompassing BP, Temperature ,HGT etc
· 6 meals per day
· Reflexology / Massage
· Physiotherapy
· ASTRO
· Laundry

*All rooms are fully air-conditioned

[/FONT]
http://www.eldercaregivers.com.my/eldercare-homes.html

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, you can see here, a local can easily get a new condo unit in the suburb for RM430 psf and if you're holding one that cost RM700 psf, how to sell?

If really need to sell, then have to sell lower price lor. But surely can still get back something and not lose the whole thing, right?

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Landed ppty price difference btw local and foreign favour location is not that huge....which is why landed G&G serve better investment sense. Condo, if everyone bought the same at RM1000 psf, RM700 psf can be seen as a big discount. Take your time shopping when supply looms.

There's something not quite accurate with the comparison.

In a old folks' home, you have nurses and resident doctor to take care of the elderly, most of whom have some form of illness or mobility issues. They are served food, taken for walks, bathed, have social activities and regular health checkups, etc. Should they require emergency care, there's always the ambulance to take them to the hospital. All these cost money and hence explain why the cost is S$1,800.

If you are in a studio apartment in JB, it is assumed you are there alone with no medical aid or social service help. Should anything bad happen, one might possibly die there alone without anyone knowing! With failing eyesight and weak body, can you still drive to get food and other necessities?

I think it's best to consider buying a Johor condo now as a form of luxury item. Just buy like how you would buy expensive golf clubs, a BMW 5-series or collector's watches. People who buy them don't worry so much about the future. They buy to enjoy them because they got the money to spare. Even if these material items come to their end of life, the owners can say they have enjoyed the process.

If one buys a Johor condo (especially for non-Malaysians), trying to project or predict the property will boom next time, or that they can rent out, get capital appreciation, or keep for their "old age" home (and die there alone?!), there are risks involved. If these things don't happen, your money could be stuck there. Policies can change. (Hey, this is still Malaysia we are talking about!) You might end up only using the condo as an expensive holiday home next time and cannot cash it out.

So better to treat it as a "play thing" to be on the safer side than an investment asset.

I remember you told me before you did not say there is completely no demand for those luxury condo....and now you slap your face back. Cannot cash it out, that will only happen when no demand at all. Better way to rephrase it is "cash out at losses". Anyway, you are right, if you are financially capable, willing to take risk, there are many luxury condo will be selling at big discount, do not need to be afraid it will become 100% ghost town in the desert of no where. Even medini is just short discount from bukit indah, demand will always arise when the price is right. Price is always the key determinant for demand level, and it correlate one another tightly.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
[FONT="]One of those better ones in KL
-----------------------------------------

FULL TIME STAY(Per Calendar Month)

Twin Sharing Room
Walking, assistance with ADLS from RM 2500
Bed-Ridden RM 2650

Multiple Sharing Room ( 3 Bedded, 4 Bedded or 5 Bedded )

Walking, assistance with ADLS from RM 2300
Bed-Ridden RM 2450

Single Room

Single room with shared bathroom RM 2850
Single room with attached bathroom from RM 3250
A couple are given a discounted rate RM 3800

ABOVE PRICES INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING

· 24 Hour Care, Assistance & Nursing
· Health Record encompassing BP, Temperature ,HGT etc
· 6 meals per day
· Reflexology / Massage
· Physiotherapy
· ASTRO
· Laundry

*All rooms are fully air-conditioned

[/FONT]
http://www.eldercaregivers.com.my/eldercare-homes.html

Reflexology n Message got extra services or not?:biggrin: Joke aside , do hope JB got some high quality old folks home like this one