• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat What is happening with the Holland Vilage bank robber?

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo lee eh tao nao deh siew si mi

justin-trudeau-pm-lee-768x531.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
State press only handles good news. We lost the right to extradite from Thailand. He probably was sent back to Canada. We will now have deal directly with Canada. They will insist no caning and then hand him over after going thru the formal extradition process.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
State press only handles good news. We lost the right to extradite from Thailand. He probably was sent back to Canada. We will now have deal directly with Canada. They will insist no caning and then hand him over after going thru the formal extradition process.

I guess so, but I am "surprised" that our Law, Home and Foreign ministers have really nothing to say!

Lee Wai Ling is absolutely right, the media only "listen" and "see" through the eyes of HL's and HC's.

BTW-there appears to have "lapses" in the particular "famiLee" currently.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think he rob a bank. No. He just ask teller to give him money. Teller give. How can say rob? No weapon how to rob? :confused: At worst, it just begging lah! :rolleyes:

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think he rob a bank. No. He just ask teller to give him money. Teller give. How can say rob? No weapon how to rob? :confused: At worst, it just begging lah! :rolleyes:

Good basis for bank robber's defence...in future many more will follow.....:biggrin:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
We lost the right to extradite from Thailand.

Your statement is incorrect.

In the case where there's no extradition treaties between nation states, as in the case between your country and Thailand, your Ministar for Foreign Affairs must write an official document--incidentally called a note in diplomatic jargon--to the Thai ministry for foreign affairs to request that the Holland V robber be sent back to Sinkieland.

The Thai authorities had, from the very beginning, reminded the Sinkie authorities of the proper procedures.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the case where there's no extradition treaties between nation states, as in the case between your country and Thailand, your Ministar for Foreign Affairs must write an official document--incidentally called a note in diplomatic jargon--to the Thai ministry for foreign affairs to request that the Holland V robber be sent back to Sinkieland.

The Thai authorities had, from the very beginning, reminded the Sinkie authorities of the proper procedures.
Yes, the Foreign Affairs Minister has failed in this case, I agree.

I also believe that there is more to it about the whole mess. The guy may not have acted alone. It will be useful to investigate further on this matter. I believe staff of the Home, Foreign and Law (and the bank involved) have to answer.
Of course the "silence of the ministers" is already part of the answer!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkie only know how to bully sinkies, their maid n cheat on his wife. Even the Kee Chui who claim to fight anyone anywhere is not anywhere near to the Bangkok airport.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was court hearing where AG was represented. The Thai Court did not grant the extradition to Singapore. If we had a treaty it would have been granted. We made a second application to seizure the evidence which the Thai Police seized from the suspect - note, money, and other stuff which was granted.

Nothing to do with Foreign Ministry.

Yes, the Foreign Affairs Minister has failed in this case, I agree.

I also believe that there is more to it about the whole mess. The guy may not have acted alone. It will be useful to investigate further on this matter. I believe staff of the Home, Foreign and Law (and the bank involved) have to answer.
Of course the "silence of the ministers" is already part of the answer!

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was court hearing where AG was represented. The Thai Court did not grant the extradition to Singapore.

Nothing to do with Foreign Ministry.

Incorrect again. ***Sigh. (Where's the real scroobal, I wonder??)***

No Thai court of law sat to rule on the request of your gabrament to have David James Roach extradited to Singapore.

Sinkie authorities did make representation (a.k.a. request) to the Thai OAG (Office of the Attorney-General) and the latter denied it because it wasn't in [sic]the position to consider it.

As I stated earlier, where no extradition treaties exist between countries, the proper procedure is for the government requesting the extradition to send a "note" (in official diplomatic-speak) to the government that is holding the suspect(s). Only the ministry for foreign affairs of any country can send such "notes".

I reproduce below excerpts of what actually was reported by the print newspapers:

=================================================

"Extradition of accused Singapore robber stalled"

Singapore's effort to have a bank robbery suspect extradited from Thailand has hit a snag, as the Office of the Attorney-General has rejected the request, according to a Singapore media report.

"We denied it because we are not in the position to consider it," The Straits Times quoted Amnat Chotchai, director-general of the international affairs department at OAG, as saying. He did not elaborate on the reasons.

Source: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asean/1066752/robbery-suspects-extradition-stalled

"Holland Village bank heist: Thailand rejects request to extradite suspect"

The Attorney-General’s Office (AGO) in Bangkok has rejected a request by Singapore to have a suspect in July’s Holland Village bank robbery extradited back to the Republic.

“We denied it because we are not in the position to consider it,” said Amnat Chotchai, director-general of the international affairs department at the Bangkok AGO, according to a Straits Times report. No further reasons were given.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/holland-village-bank-heist-thailand-rejects-020658215.html

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

George Yeo wud hv chased him to end of the world........BUT halfbreed? He is only interested in scoring points n eating - look at his bloatig face