• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Portrait Of A Cocky Sinkie PMET! Become Humble After Kena Retrenched!

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
After readings all these, I felt the sinkies that really punished the elites are those staying in Aljunied and Hougang.

No lifelong employment and older sinkies should be prepared for all these shit...years ago.

Most PMETs spent on their private condo and lavish oversea vacation.

Only the rank and file working class sinkies are most cash rich in SG. Never mind that some trolls may said they stay in HDB flats and away eat in hawker centre. They are the ones who live long and retire self sufficiently.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometime company use outsourcing to reduce the salary of 5k to 2.5k and using back the same pool of people. They just need to change hand the payroll to another ill gotten outsourcing agency and requesting that agency to offer them 50% of what they used to get. Most sinkie loser will accept it , except fearless sinkie loser like me.

Yep, this is what is happening to those IT sectors and General cleaning sectors.
Seems now the best jobs are in the Government areas......really iron rice bowl.

Won't be surprised that the application for government jobs is going through the roof......

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With all these so called BS retrenchments going on,,,its very important then you are in a company to get all the customer databases etc and go work for competitor,,as a project manager, he will have full access to costings, biddings etc etc,.these are very important info to a competitor,,or with his knowledge he can easily set up his own company..employers do not deserve loyalty as they are not loyal in the 1st place,,never let an employer take you for a ride,,,

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Sillypore, once you hit the age of 35 it will be really tough to get another job in a similar field.
You will be experiencing first hand "age discrimination" and "last drawn salary rejection" no matter how good you are.
The top management themselves are old folks of age 40 and above and yet came out this sort of hiring policy in the name of "keeping the business lean and mean"
Now .... if they themselves lost their job at such an age and with such last drawn salary, they will be crying father and mother also when looking for a new job.

jw5

Loyal
With all these so called BS retrenchments going on,,,its very important then you are in a company to get all the customer databases etc and go work for competitor,,as a project manager, he will have full access to costings, biddings etc etc,.these are very important info to a competitor,,or with his knowledge he can easily set up his own company..employers do not deserve loyalty as they are not loyal in the 1st place,,never let an employer take you for a ride,,,

The "cocky sinkie PMET" in this thread doesn't seem as if he is smart, innovative and brave enough to do all that. :biggrin:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was confident at first, because I used to get calls from headhunters," he says.

Getting calls from headhunter when you have the job and looking for headhunter when you are retrenched is totally different matter altogether.

When you have a job, your time, experience, contacts mean something to the company that employed you. But when you are retrenched. It's zero, zilch and one is no different from a job seeker that is outside by the dozens....

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in sillypore, once you hit the age of 35 it will be really tough to get another job in a similar field.
You will be experiencing first hand "age discrimination" and "last drawn salary rejection" no matter how good you are.
The top management themselves are old folks of age 40 and above and yet came out this sort of hiring policy in the name of "keeping the business lean and mean"
now .... If they themselves lost their job at such an age and with such last drawn salary, they will be crying father and mother also when looking for a new job.

35?? Wtf?!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was confident at first, because I used to get calls from headhunters," he says.

Maybe he should have said: "I was cocky at first when I used to get calls from headhunters, so I was playing hard to get in order to negotiate a much better offer. I wanted to upgrade from my current Executive HDB to a D10 condominium, not to mention my old Toyota Camry to a new BMW 7 series to drive home the point (to my peers) that I, too, have arrived. Scully the headhunters played me out The cb headhunters called me so often that they created a delusion of grandeur in me."

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The "cocky sinkie PMET" in this thread doesn't seem as if he is smart, innovative and brave enough to do all that. :biggrin:

70% sinkies are very obedient and follow by the book. When they head to the ballot box, they pee in the pants when they saw anyone who was wearing white stood nearby. These are the non risk taker.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I know some friends that work for MNCs for many years. They try to get overseas postings either to the MNC home country or some other nice place and then try to apply for PR there. A couple have succeeded, especially after their children were born in those countries they were posted to. That way, they fuck off from sinkieland, and even if they get retrenched in their new countries, the PR gets them a good job and a good severance package. I guess this guy is not too bright.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahahahahaha ... cb kia lee eh fallen talent jin zway oh chee bee chee gor pio wu tan lui tio boh ... kukubird 59

Aditi-Aug-2015-akzonobel-sg50-provided-e1438663211775.jpg

but also cannot blame pap, majority sinkie genes are of poor quality.:biggrin:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe he should have said: "I was cocky at first when I used to get calls from headhunters, so I was playing hard to get in order to negotiate a much better offer. I wanted to upgrade from my current Executive HDB to a D10 condominium, not to mention my old Toyota Camry to a new BMW 7 series to drive home the point (to my peers) that I, too, have arrived. Scully the headhunters played me out The cb headhunters called me so often that they created a delusion of grandeur in me."

"When I was taking those courses, there were thousands of people doing the same thing," he says.

Exactly, finally this PMET is seeing the real deal
Thousands of people were doing the same thing, taking the same courses.....for what??

One thing for sure, it definitely does not put food on the table.
Hopefully Leonard has sufficient savings to tide him and his family through this difficult times though......till a better job come around.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yep, this is what is happening to those IT sectors and General cleaning sectors.
Seems now the best jobs are in the Government areas......really iron rice bowl.

Won't be surprised that the application for government jobs is going through the roof......

Do you know the reason why this particularly affects the IT and cleaning sectors ? I don't see this happening to the Accounting, admin, logistics , etc.. Is it due to influx of an nehs and Pinoys who have a lot of skillsets in these areas ? I also wonder why ah nehs and pinoys like to skill themselves up for IT. Cant they learn accounting , etc ?

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know the reason why this particularly affects the IT and cleaning sectors ? I don't see this happening to the Accounting, admin, logistics , etc.. Is it due to influx of an nehs and Pinoys who have a lot of skillsets in these areas ? I also wonder why ah nehs and pinoys like to skill themselves up for IT. Cant they learn accounting , etc ?

Or is it due to keling nah siao ? companies in sinkieland are scared of keling nah siao so keling themselves know they better don't learn this skill :eek:
Also the HR world are mostly done by sinkies ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"When I was taking those courses, there were thousands of people doing the same thing," he says.

Exactly, finally this PMET is seeing the real deal
Thousands of people were doing the same thing, taking the same courses.....for what??

One thing for sure, it definitely does not put food on the table.
Hopefully Leonard has sufficient savings to tide him and his family through this difficult times though......till a better job come around.

I've hardly known of CEOs and top managers who took courses to stay on top of things. People like us have great leadership skills and those skills keep us always at the top. Our jobs are safe. The only profession I know that genuinely needs to take courses or seminars to stay on top of things are medical doctors and research scientists.

If you are an average PMET and you need to "take courses" to upgrade, you are basically fucked. Time to take a course on how to be taxi driver.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've hardly known of CEOs and top managers who took courses to stay on top of things. People like us have great leadership skills and those skills keep us always at the top. Our jobs are safe. The only profession I know that genuinely needs to take courses or seminars to stay on top of things are medical doctors and research scientists.

If you are an average PMET and you need to "take courses" to upgrade, you are basically fucked. Time to take a course on how to be taxi driver.

Hi sir, great insights and I'm fully with you on this.
But.. for ceo and top managers , they are also easily replaceable although they are have great leadership. The safer way to proceed is to attend Paul lampard skills. I even thought to design one of such courses when I spoke to wangfeng. Can I work with you on the details so that you can help me to conduct the course (since I doesn't have great leadership quality) I will handle the sales and logistic portion.