• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Heart Bypass advise needed

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah yes. Dividends will be considered income.

But will you need as much to live in Canada? Sell some of the investments so the dividends are less?

Or set up a corporation and put the investments in the corporation. Pay corporate tax 14% assuming your annual dividends is <$500,000?

Anyway it is all a choice lah. I doubt Singapore is that bad if the reason for not getting out is taxes.

I'm invested in US & Malaysia and before I get to see any of "MY" dividends, both of these gov't have already taken their 30% cut :(
If I move to Canada I'll probably have to give up more unless I get expert help which is going to cost $. In Spore they don't bother about my dividends because they are more interested in attracting millionaires & billionaires from all over the world.

If I was still young it would be worth considering the move because I can work there but I'm an old uncle now & I want to enjoy what ever time I have left. I did think of going back to Canada but I am seeing friends and relatives passing away & I'm not sure that I will be around in 10 years time:confused:

Back in the early days I had planned to return to Canada & that is why I started to invest in an RRSP & Altamira mutual fund :smile: However things turned out differently. C'est la vie

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think all the all the issues arises with doc is cost. When someone charges a sum that a patient feels is substantial, he/she's expectation is raised. If it is free like the past, there was less complains.

We forgot that doc are also mere mortals, armed with some extra knowledge in medicine. Doc are trained. We cannot confused them with a small handful of them who are borned with natural talent in medicine. Everyone can be trained to be a swimmer. However, there are only those few who can break record.

These naturally talented doc can come up with the right diagnosis and treatment with minimum tests done. That is why they are popular. Don't confuse them with those that serve rich clients and used them to advertise their ware.

Just a real life example. Two docs who graduated in the 80's came out to be GP when govt allowed them to break their bonds. Both specialized in dermatology. Today, one is still an ordinary GP listening to nonsenses from his patients. The other is so popular that she has a new clinic in orchard road when her number of rich clients increases and I think they don't like to visit her clinic in a HDB estate. These second doc is really talented. Her treatment for skin problem has such high rate of success and I wonder why. Now she only go to the HDB neighborhood clinic on certain days. On days that the locum is covering, there is no queue. When she is the attending doc, queue starts to form before operation hours.

Therefore, we need to remember that most doc are just normal individual, trained to be a doc. If we chose to seek their service, accept the limitation they are facing. They can't perform miracle. They can only do what they are taught. If we think the cost is too high, keep healthy and avoid visiting doc whenever possible. However, in emergency like stroke or heart attack, we can't hide from them.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
at the sgh heart center at over 96% of one of the 3 main vessels docs will typically recommend an angioplasty procedure first as it has the lowest risk. sinkie uncles who have done that call it "balloon." and then followed by a stent if conditions persist or return. in between is a series of drug prescriptions such as with wafarin to thin the blood. but all these are temporary to prolong life for a few more years, i.e. kick the bucket down the road, so uncles can continue to have laksa and char kway teow. my dad decided to unsinkiefy himself by going on a reduced diet, 80% vege, daily cycling, walking, etc., and now he doesn't need a stent, nor bypass, nor too much medication (esnd regimen). luckily for him, during an angiogram with fluoroscopic "glow" ink, a natural bypass is discovered as blood traverses from one of 3 main vessels to another that is less blocked and completes a reroute. it doesn't happen too often, but this is not a miracle. the patient has to participate in his own health improvement. cannot just rely on docs and bypass surgeries.
In my humble opinion, your dad should be a role model for not only old people in Singapore and other countries, but also for young and middle-aged people!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

sammyboy.com/showthread.php?228274-Dear-vegans-(although-we-are-in-the-tiny-minority)-you-re-on-the-right-track-but
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?226890-quot-Why-Milk-Is-Bad-For-You-And-Your-Bones-quot-by-Vivian-Goldschmidt
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?227102-Why-Animal-Protein-Is-Bad

As the saying goes, "prevention is better than cure":
dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/prevention-is-better-than-cure

Attachments

• Kowtow.png
    Kowtow.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 380
  • 1962-the-rei-or-kowtow-alexander-right-with-marina-kibba-10-bows-to-fb9mhe.jpg
    1962-the-rei-or-kowtow-alexander-right-with-marina-kibba-10-bows-to-fb9mhe.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my humble opinion, your dad should be a role model for not only old people in Singapore and other countries, but also for young and middle-aged people!

he follows my brother's regimen, and i follow his after noticing results. high chloresterol and heart disease run in the family, but it's not high choresterol that kills. it's plaque in the carotid artery that leads to blockage that leads to sudden inflamation that leads to stroke that kills. angina itself will not kill instantly but may affect the quality of life especially during twilight years. there's still a lot of life left between 70 and 90, and living it with moderate health, happiness and purpose has a lot of meaning for some - such as building bonds with lovable puppies. the current medical methodology that works for me is the monitoring and measurement of the carotid intima media thickness (imt) to detect presence of plaque in that part of the artery. so far so good, no plaque detected and imt is normal for my age group.

image.jpg

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most sinkie family doctors are. I have scalp psoriasis and I have seen quite a number of family doctors. They will sell you things like betamethasone creams and solutions without telling you that prolonged use of betamethasone weakens your immune system. And they sell you ineffective scalp shampoos as well. It works for a while and then they don't work anymore.

And I bet not a single one of them will recommend you to read Dr Pagano's book on psoriasis healing. Which formal western doctor would prescribe slippery elm powder for psoriasis treatment? But the thing is it actually works. My flakes are reduced considerably. I don't think western medicine recognizes psoriasis as a leaky gut syndrome. And I am going to try out Chaga and Befungin to see how they work.

I also sometimes have vertigo but all the western family doctors can't treat it. Guess what? A trip to the TCM doctor in Hougang cured it with two bottles of brewed herbs. Vertigo is a very physically exhausting illness when the world is constantly spinning.

Western medicine is the best probably when it comes to surgery. You definitely need it when you have the most painful hemorrhoids that keeps you awake all night.

kryonlight,
I would like to get your TCM sinseh's contact info if convinent.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you please PM me the addy or name of the TCM for the vertigo? TY

I also sometimes have vertigo but all the western family doctors can't treat it. Guess what? A trip to the TCM doctor in Hougang cured it with two bottles of brewed herbs. Vertigo is a very physically exhausting illness when the world is constantly spinning.