• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Heart Bypass advise needed

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given two weeks medication, two weeks later go for consultation with family members, have a briefing, decide and then schedule the elective surgery.... maybe because of the 99% blockage and that the amount of blood from the axuillary arteries already opened up, are not enough.

Why is he only given 2 weeks to make a decision?

It sounds like the doctor is using scare tactics to persuade your friend.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Given two weeks medication, two weeks later go for consultation with family members, have a briefing, decide and then schedule the elective surgery.... maybe because of the 99% blockage and that the amount of blood from the axuillary arteries already opened up, are not enough.

Tell your friend not to worry about the deadlines because if he decides to delay the decision the doctor will just continue prescribing his medication e.g. statins, blood thinners,..

Not everyone can afford heart bypass surgery & the doctors know this. They will just continue to prescribe all sorts of medications & tests until your friend runs out of $$.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same thing happened to me. They wanted to put in stents but for my case, stents wasn't suitable. I was given the option of open heart or stick to a medication only solution.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
A senior surgeon will operate on my friend if the answer is yes, but if delay, worried they may change surgeon duh. I also read that statins is very bad for the body.

Money is not the main issue, but the hesitation for an act of no return and what entails.....the body is not natural anymore.....

Tell your friend not to worry about the deadlines because if he decides to delay the decision the doctor will just continue prescribing his medication e.g. statins, blood thinners,..

Not everyone can afford heart bypass surgery & the doctors know this. They will just continue to prescribe all sorts of medications & tests until your friend runs out of $$.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A senior surgeon will operate on my friend if the answer is yes, but if delay, worried they may change surgeon duh. I also read that statins is very bad for the body.

Money is not the main issue, but the hesitation for an act of no return and what entails.....the body is not natural anymore.....

We all have to go sometime. I say just let nature take its course.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if money is not a problem I'm sure you can find good surgeons in Thailand who have trained in the US https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/heart-cardiology-center-treatment-surgery-bangkok-thailand.

In Spore hospitals are increasingly relying on foreign trained nurses which have suspect credentials. Remember the patients who died of infection.?

When I was looking for alternatives after my heart attack, I went to Malacca & then finally to KL using public transport. It was slow going but doable

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just my little understanding on heart attack. Hope any doc can clarify.

Is 70% block or 99% block more dangerous? My limited knowledge tells me that it is 70% because any minor clog can lead to 100% block, followed by heart seizure. If artery accumulates to 99% block over time, it means tissue supplied by that artery are already long damaged, so a clog that lead to 100% block will unlikely trigger any heart attack because the heart has already been operating without those damaged tissues all the while so it makes not much difference to block the artery completely.

Our heart is a wonderful organ. There are many old people surviving with 100% block for certain artery. They will ultimately die because of heart failure. Doc called it heart attack. I called it dying from old age. My mum is such a case.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got into the habit of going to MacD, KFC,.. or where ever to buy cold drinks.

That was a bad habit I picked up & eventually all that sugar caused my type 2 diabetes & led to my heart attack. It was poor diet that caused my heart attack & ever since I've watched what I eat & drink & have recovered without any surgery whatsoever.

EECP & Chelation are non-surgical medical procedures that will help but the bottom line is that you have to take responsibility for your own health & eliminate unhealthy lifestyles habits like smoking, drinking, watching what you eat & drink, ...

You don't need any scientific studies, it's just common sense that a healthy diet will help:smile:

johnny, I am just curious about your diet before the time diabetes and heart attack hit you. Did you take vegetable and fruits regularly back then?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

at the sgh heart center at over 96% of one of the 3 main vessels docs will typically recommend an angioplasty procedure first as it has the lowest risk. sinkie uncles who have done that call it "balloon." and then followed by a stent if conditions persist or return. in between is a series of drug prescriptions such as with wafarin to thin the blood. but all these are temporary to prolong life for a few more years, i.e. kick the bucket down the road, so uncles can continue to have laksa and char kway teow. my dad decided to unsinkiefy himself by going on a reduced diet, 80% vege, daily cycling, walking, etc., and now he doesn't need a stent, nor bypass, nor too much medication (esnd regimen). luckily for him, during an angiogram with fluoroscopic "glow" ink, a natural bypass is discovered as blood traverses from one of 3 main vessels to another that is less blocked and completes a reroute. it doesn't happen too often, but this is not a miracle. the patient has to participate in his own health improvement. cannot just rely on docs and bypass surgeries.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
johnny, I am just curious about your diet before the time diabetes and heart attack hit you. Did you take vegetable and fruits regularly back then?

No. I ate at Food courts like most typical Sporeans. I was like everyone else too busy to think about looking after myself.

It was only after my heart Attack that I started to read up about alternative cures & the type of foods we should all be eating. My goal is to stick around as Long as possible to enjoy the $$ I have made.

Am aware that some people decide to have surgical procedures done but never make any life style changes. It usually leads to more health problems & death. I think the Doctors in Spore are partially to blame because they are ignorant about what patients should be doing other than taking medications. So they never advise them on proper diet & life styles.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;ajhX5jWmlL0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajhX5jWmlL0[/video]

wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan_nutrition
wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Greger
drgreger.org/about
nutritionfacts.org/about

Doctors in Spore are very ignorant. They are too busy making $$$ & don't take the time to educate themselves. When my Spore cardiologist prescribed statins I asked him about CoQ10 because I had read that statin reduces the bodies CoQ10 levels. He pooed pooed the need of supplementing to maintain C0Q10 levels.

There is a problem with Spore's education system. People study by rote & few consider widening their knowledge outside of their areas of specialty.

The ideas that nutrition is important to fight disease is not new. Dr Max Gerson believed in this way back in the early 20th century http://www.gersontreatment.com/history-of-the-therapy/

His daughter continues his work today & in the Gerson Therapy diet is an important component of the therapy. The therapy makes intensive use of juicing.
http://gerson.org/gerpress/

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And healthy eating isn't confined to veganism or vegetarianism. Everyone has unique genetics and unique biochemistry. Find a healthy diet that works for yourself. Other diets worth exploring are the Primal diet, the Paleo diet, the Atkins diet, the Ketogenic diet, etc. What works well for 1 person, may not work well for another.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doctors in Spore are very ignorant. They are too busy making $$$ & don't take the time to educate themselves. When my Spore cardiologist prescribed statins I asked him about CoQ10 because I had read that statin reduces the bodies CoQ10 levels. He pooed pooed the need of supplementing to maintain C0Q10 levels.

There is a problem with Spore's education system. People study by rote & few consider widening their knowledge outside of their areas of specialty.

The ideas that nutrition is important to fight disease is not new. Dr Max Gerson believed in this way back in the early 20th century http://www.gersontreatment.com/history-of-the-therapy/

His daughter continues his work today & in the Gerson Therapy diet is an important component of the therapy. The therapy makes intensive use of juicing.

And coffee enemas. Detoxifies the liver. People think of enemas and they think it is a form of colon cleansing. The rectum can be a route to absorb medication. Goes to liver.

In any case it is still not good to be constipated. If your rectum can absorb medication it can also absorb toxins.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And coffee enemas. Detoxifies the liver. People think of enemas and they think it is a form of colon cleansing. The rectum can be a route to absorb medication. Goes to liver.

In any case it is still not good to be constipated. If your rectum can absorb medication it can also absorb toxins.

Enemas is part of the Gerson Therapy & also a part of the Budwig protocol. Personally I haven't tried it but it is suppose to open the channels for detoxification.

I have a rebounder which I use regularly to keep fit. A side effect of a rebounder is that it helps to drain the lymphatics which is suppose to help those with cancer.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

that's how i drink kopi kau kau sometimes. no sugar, no cream, must be warm not hot not to burn kar chng kang and cause colitis. kopi must also be injected with a sanitized syringe to prevent getting salmonella and other undesirable bacteria. caffeine travels through colon, small intestines and ends up in liver. to be safe, i drink gatorade or equivalent to rebalance electrolyte levels in body. otherwise i dehydrate and constipation is the result. a smooth flow of fecal matter of type 4 is my most satisfying experience on a daily basis. everytime i shit i feel lagi shiok.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was only after my heart Attack that I started to read up about alternative cures & the type of foods we should all be eating. My goal is to stick around as Long as possible to enjoy the $$ I have made.

Have you thought that heart attacks and diabetes have something to do with iron/ferritin overload in the body? The body doesn't excrete excess iron and as we age we need less & less iron but the excess iron has no way to go except if we donate blood on a regular basis.

The Role of Iron in Diabetes and Its Complications

Something Huge Is Going On In The Cholesterol World

Frequent blood donors live longer

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good post, informative.

Just my little understanding on heart attack. Hope any doc can clarify.

Is 70% block or 99% block more dangerous? My limited knowledge tells me that it is 70% because any minor clog can lead to 100% block, followed by heart seizure. If artery accumulates to 99% block over time, it means tissue supplied by that artery are already long damaged, so a clog that lead to 100% block will unlikely trigger any heart attack because the heart has already been operating without those damaged tissues all the while so it makes not much difference to block the artery completely.

Our heart is a wonderful organ. There are many old people surviving with 100% block for certain artery. They will ultimately die because of heart failure. Doc called it heart attack. I called it dying from old age. My mum is such a case.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When someone like me with just a dip in technical field can correct amd educate 4 doctors (as far as I can remember) from polyclinics, hospital and gp, what else can u expect from our medical professionals :*:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you thought that heart attacks and diabetes have something to do with iron/ferritin overload in the body? The body doesn't excrete excess iron and as we age we need less & less iron but the excess iron has no way to go except if we donate blood on a regular basis.

The Role of Iron in Diabetes and Its Complications

Something Huge Is Going On In The Cholesterol World

Frequent blood donors live longer

I make sure to avoid iron in the supplements I take because have read we don't need the iron if one is male. However my main concern is with lead. When I was doing chelation the tests showed high amounts of lead in my system. Doing chelation gets rid of heavy metals in the body.

I should actually be doing more chelation but I dislike needles & it is difficult to sit for 3 hours:( However I plan to do more chelation in the future as maintenance because Spore is a very polluted place. It's better to be safe than sorry.