• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat This Is Terrible and Horrible

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told recently that my pioneer citizen relative has been warded at Bright Vision Hospital at Lorong Napiri, Yio Chu Kang.

He was the one with terminal cancer, stays in a 3rm HDB flat and is unemployed.

I visited him yesterday. The ward is a dormitory ward with many beds but without aircon, like a C Class ward.

He has been told that he has to pay $227 per day for ward charges. Based on means testing implemented by the pap, he will not receive any subsidy and has to pay $227 per day from his savings. This does not include miscellaneous charges, doctors fees and physiotherapist fees. The totally bill to him will easily be $10,000 a month.

This is terrible and horrible!

How can the pap say that an unemployed pioneer citizen staying in a 3rm HDB flat with terminal sickness has to pay about $10,000 a month, without subsidy, to be in C class type ward in a Singapore Hospital.

I am waiting for him to show me the final bill

Can any Medical Social Worker advise and help my aged, sick, poor pioneer Singaporean relative and alleviate his burden?

Last edited:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told recently that my pioneer citizen relative has been warded at Bright Vision Hospital at Lorong Napiri, Yio Chu Kang.

He was the one with terminal cancer, stays in a 3rm HDB flat and is unemployed.

I visited him yesterday. The ward is a dormitory ward with many beds but without aircon, like a C Class ward.

He has been told that he has to pay $227 per day for ward charges. Based on means testing implemented by the pap, he will not receive any subsidy and has to pay $227 per day from his savings. This does not include miscellaneous charges, doctors fees and physiotherapist fees. The totally bill to him will easily be $10,000 a month.

This is terrible and horrible!

How can the pap say that an unemployed pioneer citizen staying in a 3rm HDB flat with terminal sickness has to pay about $10,000 a month, without subsidy, to be in C class type ward in a Singapore Hospital.

I am waiting for him to show me the final bill

Can any Medical Social Worker advise and help my aged, sick, poor pioneer Singaporean relative and alleviate his burden?

who did he vote for?

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a clear example of stupid sinkies voting to their own extinction ( a phrase i read from somewhere, credit to the one who created it)

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
You ask him who did he vote for

I dont know who he voted for. But pap claims to be inclusive and TCJ promised that pap will take care of Singaporeans regardless who they vote for. So that question of who he voted for is irrelevant to the abd situation he is in

It is cases of sick Singaporeans like my relative which break out heart and show pap lacks care and compassion. The pap needs to look at how its policies have been mis-implemented and cause so much misery

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a clear example of stupid sinkies voting to their own extinction ( a phrase i read from somewhere, credit to the one who created it)

For those who voted for pap, they will experience the true pap when they are sick

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont know who he voted for. But pap claims to be inclusive and TCJ promised that pap will take care of Singaporeans regardless who they vote for. So that question of who he voted for is irrelevant to the abd situation he is in

It is cases of sick Singaporeans like my relative which break out heart and show pap lacks care and compassion. The pap needs to look at how its policies have been mis-implemented and cause so much misery

Still can monetise the flat mah......sell it, apply for rental flat.
Is what they will be telling you next.....

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still can monetise the flat mah......sell it, apply for rental flat.
Is what they will be telling you next.....

You live in a country where you need to sell your flat to pay your hospital bills???

that is kind of a fucked up.

I will leave that country as soon as possible.

i wonder why you guys still stay in such a country.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
You live in a country where you need to sell your flat to pay your hospital bills???

that is kind of a fucked up.

I will leave that country as soon as possible.

i wonder why you guys still stay in such a country.

70% are having a time of their lives, so they keep voting PAP.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No pun intended - what u can do to help your relative is to refuse payment when bill arrive by challenging the billing dept $8 wah khaw bypass surgery bill.have wah khaw bill ready on hand which he ever posted .
Ask them what ward did wah khaw stays etc to further pressure the dept. This method can help to put the bill to kiv and review mode.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No pun intended - what u can do to help your relative is to refuse payment when bill arrive by challenging the billing dept $8 wah khaw bypass surgery bill.have wah khaw bill ready on hand which he ever posted .
Ask them what ward did wah khaw stays etc to further pressure the dept. This method can help to put the bill to kiv and review mode.

Be expected to be challenged back by standard answer - heart bypass is not cancer treatment.
Can defend by saying.. both are also will die if no treatment. Cancer treatment can be more costly but cannot be $8 vs $10k . Then attack further by asking " ward and A ????