• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat This Is Terrible and Horrible

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
on the website, the daily rates for pallative care (after government subsidies) is 75 -315.
hence, one likely cause could be, other occupants registered under the same 3room flat could have skewed the household income upwards resulting in lower subsidies.

suggest to appeal to medical social workers.
also, to see your MP to appeal, they will help you to write a letter.

otherwise, seek other hospices but generally i think, demand for pallative care exceeds demand.

Thank you, good advice.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can they force the family members to pay? What if they are not on talking terms with this relative?
And how can they prove they are not on speaking terms? :wink:
In any case, the government doesn't care whether they are on speaking terms.
The government only cares whether the patient has any immediate family members (i.e. spouse, children, parents and/or siblings), who will be deemed by the government to be responsible for providing so-called "social safety nets" for their immediate family member.

That's a good question. But the pap will coerce, threaten, make the family members feel bad that they are not willing to help their parents. Probably 90% of children will pay the exorbitant bill out of filial piety, respect and love for their parents. But this will meant that the children will likely become poor because of sick parents
Basically, it's just another one of the many forms of not-so-obvious taxation.
Otherwise, out of roughly one million Sinkie households, not only can there easily be at least 100,000 (yes, one hundred thousand) really poor and jobless adults for whom the government will have to waste the revenue it receives from regular taxpayers to provide free basic necessities and healthcare for such adults to prevent them from becoming a widespread (and, therefore, obvious) social problem; the fertility rate of fertile Sinkie women will also increase significantly (because of much less stress due to much lower real taxation), which the "elite" of the "New World Order" is certainly against:
endoftheamericandream.com/archives/from-7-billion-people-to-500-million-people-the-sick-population-control-agenda-of-the-global-elite

Anyway, the hospital will only sue the immediate family members if the hospital bill is above a certain amount.
I don't know what the hospital's threshold is, but S$10,000 is certainly an amount that the hospital would want to demand.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
And how can they prove they are not on speaking terms? :wink:
In any case, the government doesn't care whether they are on speaking terms.
The government only cares whether the patient has any immediate family members (i.e. spouse, children, parents and/or siblings), who will be deemed by the government to be responsible for providing so-called "social safety nets" for their immediate family member.

Basically, it's just another one of the many forms of not-so-obvious taxation.
Otherwise, out of roughly one million Sinkie households, not only can there easily be at least 100,000 (yes, one hundred thousand) really poor and jobless adults for whom the government will have to waste the revenue it receives from regular taxpayers to provide free basic necessities and healthcare for such adults to prevent them from becoming a widespread (and, therefore, obvious) social problem; the fertility rate of fertile Sinkie women will also increase significantly (because of much less stress due to much lower real taxation), which the "elite" of the "New World Order" is certainly against:
endoftheamericandream.com/archives/from-7-billion-people-to-500-million-people-the-sick-population-control-agenda-of-the-global-elite

Anyway, the hospital will only sue the immediate family members if the hospital bill is above a certain amount.
I don't know what the hospital's threshold is, but S$10,000 is certainly an amount that the hospital would want to demand.

i dont know what the bill will be. It depends on how long he lives and how long he stays at the hospital. But to charge a poor man $227 a day for a simple bed in a dormitory ward is terrible and horrible.

You need to go to Compassion ward to see it for yourself and judge whether the system is making money from a sick, dying and poor man

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of such terminally ill cases in Sinkiepore end their own life, they do not want to burden their families. Thnks to PAP for making these folks realised that medical cost will wipe your entire own and childrens saving.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
on the website, the daily rates for pallative care (after government subsidies) is 75 -315.
hence, one likely cause could be, other occupants registered under the same 3room flat could have skewed the household income upwards resulting in lower subsidies.

suggest to appeal to medical social workers.
also, to see your MP to appeal, they will help you to write a letter.

otherwise, seek other hospices but generally i think, demand for pallative care exceeds demand.

this MP's letter of appeal is load of bullshit.
they can give small face to MP like waive off for summon,complain to MP lift not working,wrongful retrenchment.
they give a damm to MP's letter like hospital bill waive off, HDB grant too little, drink driving imprisonment appeal.
the MP will still sign off the letter but nothing will change.they will reply you with a standard template.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont know what the bill will be. It depends on how long he lives and how long he stays at the hospital. But to charge a poor man $227 a day for a simple bed in a dormitory ward is terrible and horrible.

You need to go to Compassion ward to see it for yourself and judge whether the system is making money from a sick, dying and poor man

you have already said clearly.$227 / day for a bed without any special equipment. He should make the quick decision of discharge or risk wiping out his 3 room flat

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, poor singaporeans cant afford to get sick as they can pay health care costs.

Middle income Singaporeans will become poor when they get sick.

Is this the kind of govt we wish for Singapore?

I am waiting for a Medical Social worker to advise

I suggest that you take him out of his ward, bring him to the next MPS at his local MP's office. Then have him throw up on the MP. punch him or do whatever he needs to to do to get a jail sentence. Inside the prison and during his incarceration, he will be treated for his illness and get free food and lodging. Because he is terminal, if he dies in prison, he will also get a state burial if he has no means. I suggest all sinkies to do that. If they are terminally ill, they should as a last act of their lives grow a pair of testicles do this to their MP.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He is in Bright Vision Hospital, not a hospice

He's there to receive this service :

http://www.bvh.org.sg/inpatient-palliative-care.html

There is no need for equipment other than that required to relieve pain.

Much of the treatment would involve counseling and moral and spiritual support.

It is expensive because staff need to be well trained in the field. It's not a job for any Tom, Dick or Harry Lee.

It should not be subsidised by the taxpayer because funding palliative care deprives other areas of Medicine of money which can actually save lives.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest that you take him out of his ward, bring him to the next MPS at his local MP's office. Then have him throw up on the MP. punch him or do whatever he needs to to do to get a jail sentence. Inside the prison and during his incarceration, he will be treated for his illness and get free food and lodging. Because he is terminal, if he dies in prison, he will also get a state burial if he has no means. I suggest all sinkies to do that. If they are terminally ill, they should as a last act of their lives grow a pair of testicles do this to their MP.

good idea.but then..
every since bbq chen han thong got burnt, MP have enough measure to protect themselves.
my MP have police officers at their meet people session.

I guess nobody want their last breath in prison n hospital as well.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't really care about sinkies. In fact, i love it when injustice falls upon them. It is their calling due to their stupidity and ball-lessness.

It gives me a life lesson and a real example how dangerous being stupid and ball-less can be. It will lead to your extinction.

I just enjoy being entertained by seeing sinkies suffer. And highlight the cause and effect of their suffering and demise.

Alamak ....

for a moment there I thot you were tonychat :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:oIo:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
good idea.but then..
every since bbq chen han thong got burnt, MP have enough measure to protect themselves.

If this terminal patient goes to his next MPS with a big knife in his hands, one of two things will happen:

1) Police officers will shoot him dead - His problem is solved in this case, no more pain and no more need to pay $10k a month.
2) They tackle him and arrest him, and send him to jail. - His problem also solved. Now they have to take care of his treatment while in prison. Both ways, the problem is solved.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was the one with terminal cancer,
... he has to pay $227 per day for ward charges.
... The totally bill to him will easily be $10,000 a month.

If I had terminal cancer they can charge me $100,000 a month and I will laugh all the way to Mandai

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nearly everyone has a relative or a family member that has died of a terminal illness so it is not a rare event. I am sure there are people dying on a daily basis from terminal illness. $10K a month is beyond ridiculous.

When approached I have always advised friends and families to approach Assisi Hospice. They even provide free care in any part of Singapore if you want to die at home. The doctor will visit the patient at his home and the regime will be worked out until death. There are frequent visits and there is also 24 hr urgent help.

Assisi Hospice was set up the Catholic order as a charity. It has been doing this for decades and best known. The Bright Vision Hospital was set up by a Buddhist organisation but handed over to the Govt as they could not maintain it.

I am aware the Means Test is done confidentially and patients sometimes do not want to reveal the amount of savings they have to their families and relatives and some would like to use that savings which is within the right to use to make the journey easier if they perceive it as such.

You dont believe this story or you dont believe that my relative, a pioneer generation Singaporean warded at Bright Vision hospital, has been told that the ward charges is $227 a day and other charges will be added later?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
When approached I have always advised friends and families to approach Assisi Hospice. They even provide free care in any part of Singapore if you want to die at home. The doctor will visit the patient at his home and the regime will be worked out until death.

Very good advice. One my very close relatives was dying of cancer a couple of decades ago and he did not want to seek treatment. He just wanted pain relief.

A lady doctor from a similar organisation popped in and left a HUGE bottle of morphine with strict instructions not to consume more than 200ml at one go. "wink".

We knew what she meant.

A week later he was gone and morphine bottle seemed to be more empty than it should have been.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of such terminally ill cases in Sinkiepore end their own life, they do not want to burden their families. Thnks to PAP for making these folks realised that medical cost will wipe your entire own and childrens saving.

This is really sad. Many of these pioneer generation survived 2nd world war and helped to build Singapore. The pap sees it fit to exploit them during their twilight years and decide to honour people like SR Nathan

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
this MP's letter of appeal is load of bullshit.
they can give small face to MP like waive off for summon,complain to MP lift not working,wrongful retrenchment.
they give a damm to MP's letter like hospital bill waive off, HDB grant too little, drink driving imprisonment appeal.
the MP will still sign off the letter but nothing will change.they will reply you with a standard template.

A sick man shd be showered with compassion by the govt and not left in the turch to go begging for relief and subsidy. These shd automatically be granted without the need to appeal

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

that sounds like a good idea. the govt is pushing singaporeans into a corner that they choose to commit crime just to get free board and lodging.

Remember the pioneer citizen who lit fire and burnt his MP Seng Han Thong. Now he has free accommodation and free three meals a day

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
good idea.but then..

Your MP must be a bad MP.

Anyway, we are creative and can get into jail to get free board and lodging.

Maybe go spit at a Policeman or steal a can of milk powder from NTUC if we have no place to stay