• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat NTUC Best - Why Need To Hide A Damaged Fruit?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a pack of five pears at NTUC Best Supermarket, Marine Parade recently. It was neatly and well packaged

When I reached home, I found a damaged pear creatively hidden with the other four pears.

NTUC Best, why is there a need to hide a damaged pear? This is bad business practice. What kind of image are you sending to your customers and your staff?

Can you please stop this practice of concealing goods not fit for purpose from your customers?

BritExit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nin niah aye. Sometimes you get bad apples. Like in real life.

The fruits are always maturing in the packaging. Especially so in country where the weather is hot and humid.

Its not intentional act by NTUC. They got their fruits from wholesalers. They are responsible for packaging.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has often happened to me e.g. tomatoes. That is why I prefer to pick non-packaged veggie/fruits but the trend at NTUC is to go with pre-packed bundles.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Following their master's strategy.

GRC also have one or two, or maybe a few, that should never be inside the package deal.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nin niah aye. Sometimes you get bad apples. Like in real life.

The fruits are always maturing in the packaging. Especially so in country where the weather is hot and humid.

Its not intentional act by NTUC. They got their fruits from wholesalers. They are responsible for packaging.

I wouldnt trust any supplier or wholesaler working with NTUC,birds of the same scum feathers flock together.

It took a bunch of rats to expose the scum ntuc and their suppliers are.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldnt trust any supplier or wholesaler working with NTUC,birds of the same scum feathers flock together.

It took a bunch of rats to expose the scum ntuc and their suppliers are.

Heard that NTUC squeezes their suppliers & so the suppliers are forced to cut corners to make a profit.

I use to buy organic eggs from NTUC but found them being sold cheaoer at "Nature's Glory" for $2+ less. Even better there is a brand named Barney's Farm eggs which is I think a superior egg because their eggs come from free range chickens. http://www.natures-glory.com/fresh-organics-poultry-eggs-meat-others.asp
Nature's Glory will also offer discounts if you order the eggs in advance.

In Spore the chicken are not allowed to run around free. The definition here in Spore of Free Range eggs is different. The local free range chickens are actually running around inside larger cages.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought a pack of five pears at NTUC Best Supermarket, Marine Parade recently. It was neatly and well packaged

When I reached home, I found a damaged pear creatively hidden with the other four pears.

NTUC Best, why is there a need to hide a damaged pear? This is bad business practice. What kind of image are you sending to your customers and your staff?

Can you please stop this practice of concealing goods not fit for purpose from your customers?

Y so angry ? They do that with another product call the GRC. 70% are satisfied customers. So this practice must be correct.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time, poke holes in the package so that your fingers can go in to rotate the fruit for inspection. Nothing wrong with inspection. Customer is always right. And if you don't like the package, just put it somewhere else different from the fruit section. Don't be a gongkia the next time PAP & NTUC bully you.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

sometime these are packed by less educated lazy bum who packed them blindly.not the management fault sometime.

beegs

Alfrescian
Loyal

same here,i bought pre-pack vegetable and found spoil veg. inside,
brought the veg back to show them and was told off by the FT supervisor.
send a email to the HQ and complain but no action taken against FT .
Told them to heck the CCTV camera to find the true,
FT supervisor claim she check every morning on the product.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

what they you see the rotten apples inside the parliament, it's well packed with millionaires.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
PAP very clever. They do all these small things to irritate the people so that Singaporeans will have things to get angry about and vent about. They have no issues with having people complain and curse about them. Kpkb about small things like that make the people depend on them more. If cannot blame PAP then blame who right?

So PAP knows people like to blame PAP. So give more reasons to have them blame PAP. Blame PAP more realize cannot live without PAP otherwise who to blame? So sure get voted every election.

It is called a love-hate relationship. Then come election like make up sex very passionate.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP very clever. They do all these small things to irritate the people so that Singaporeans will have things to get angry about and vent about. They have no issues with having people complain and curse about them. Kpkb about small things like that make the people depend on them more. If cannot blame PAP then blame who right?

So PAP knows people like to blame PAP. So give more reasons to have them blame PAP. Blame PAP more realize cannot live without PAP otherwise who to blame? So sure get voted every election.

It is called a love-hate relationship. Then come election like make up sex very passionate.

aiyah, nothing to do with pap lah. it's sinkie buyers' "ai pi, ai chi, ai tua liap ni" mindset. naturally the human eye will select the fruit or vege that is more pristine than others in the lot when given ample choices, just like sinkie uncles will pick chiobu mei mei over ugly sinkie aunties with wrinkles, oily face and spotty skin condition in a geylang line-up. when uncles run out of selection, they may settle for a lau kway bu with slim waist and tua liap ni. at least can cover the face and bang the base. :p

case in point. although tomatoes are all organic, i still prefer the pristine ones as those which have been pressed (saw chao tiongs and nehs pressing them - arseholes) are like spoilt goods with tiong- and neh-infused bacteria on them.

image.jpg