• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat sg tops list in world health and living standards ranking

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sharing lumpar one spot are sg, iceland, and sweden. u.s. are nowhere near the top at lumpar 28. sinkies are lucky to have the pap in charge.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-not-greatest-country-earth-080005033.html

"Iceland and Sweden share the top slot with Singapore as world leaders when it comes to health goals set by the United Nations, according to a report published in the Lancet. Using the UN’s sustainable development goals as guideposts, which measure the obvious (poverty, clean water, education) and less obvious (societal inequality, industry innovation), more than 1,870 researchers in 124 countries compiled data on 33 different indicators of progress toward the UN goals related to health.

The massive study emerged from a decadelong collaboration focused on the worldwide distribution of disease. About a year and a half ago, the researchers involved decided their data might help measure progress on what may be the single most ambitious undertaking humans have ever committed themselves to: survival. In doing so, they came up with some disturbing findings, including that the country with the biggest economy (not to mention, if we’re talking about health, multibillion-dollar health-food and fitness industries) ranks No. 28 overall, between Japan and Estonia."

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cant complaint, 8 bugs for byass heart surgery wat more can Sinkies ask!

6.9 bucks more like it. this bill is fully paid by medishield and medisave. sg is da best!

image.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if the stats considered the "honest mistakes" that Spore is increasingly famous for:confused:
The deaths at the general hospital, resurgence of TB, increase cases of dengue & zika,...

I bet there was some massaging going on with the data at the local level. It is embarrassing to reveal such screw ups.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SG spend the least amount in the world in Public healthcare expenditure and we are number one healthcare in the world?also our social inequality is the highest among OECD countries and we share the same spot as norway and sweden?hehe statistics are so funny.

that's why sg is da best. lowest cost yet highest quality. best bang for the buck. and they provide a safety net for those who cannot pay.

image.jpg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if the stats considered the "honest mistakes" that Spore is increasingly famous for:confused:
The deaths at the general hospital, resurgence of TB, increase cases of dengue & zika,...

I bet there was some massaging going on with the data at the local level. It is embarrassing to reveal such screw ups.

by the next survey and study all will be forgotten.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by the next survey and study all will be forgotten.

Spore does not even have a database that tracks people who are suffering from problems like diabetes. The PAP claims they want to start one now.

If they don't have such data then at best the conclusions about living standard & longevity are suspect. It is a correlation & correlation does not provide a good picture of what really contributing to higher longevity?

The older generation may be healthier because they have better genes or got more exercise from manual labor. It could also be the food that older Sporeans ate e.g. less processed food with fewer additives. There was also fewer chemicals & pollution in the older days.

"The China study" found that diet has a large impact on once health https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study
Nowadays things have changed & we often hear of NS age Sporeans dying after a short run. Obesity is also a big problem among children.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
average bill in healthcare in sg is reasonably affordable considering the total cost is way higher than the bill and heavily subsidized. sg and thus pap is da best!

image.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
average bill in healthcare in sg is reasonably affordable considering the total cost is way higher than the bill and heavily subsidized. sg and thus pap is da best!

View attachment 28382

I have to disagree. Had to pay about $15k from my pocket when I was hospitalised for almost 2 weeks. I was just under observation. I had $$ in my CPF but wasn't allowed to use all of it.

In Canada when I had to have a few operations & had to stay hospitalised for a few months I only had to pay for the hospital admission fees. People there are covered by a medical insurance health plan. If you are a Canadian citizen & unemployed, the insurance fees are waived.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to disagree. Had to pay about $15k from my pocket when I was hospitalised for almost 2 weeks. I was just under observation. I had $$ in my CPF but wasn't allowed to use all of it.

In Canada when I had to have a few operations & had to stay hospitalised for a few months I only had to pay for the hospital admission fees. People there are covered by a medical insurance health plan. If you are a Canadian citizen & unemployed, the insurance fees are waived.

according to the very credible, detailed, well-analyzed, extremely balanced, and all-inclusive lancet report, canada came in lumpar 9, way below sg. canada will be broke with public healthcare cost while sg will not be.

wait times for surgical procedures in canada are atrocious.

image.jpg

Last edited: