• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Bond investors in Spore be careful

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am humbled. I don't need to work so hard now if I didn't lose those money.

Last sat night, i returned from a business trip. I went back to office at 11pm and left on Sunday morning 4.30am.
I returned to work at 11am and left at 5pm on Sunday.

On brighter note, I am working hard now because I lost those money.

So, don't be like me. Don't touch shares.

wah.......that's mean you're in a high position in the company mah........are you close to retirement age?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
no sir, RUN is just a manager, got do everything.

Subordinates did wrong, they go home punctually, i got to go clear their shit.
Just now got dusty construction near office, i got to go shift my superior's car while he's in a meeting.

Middle Management - like a spec in army. Got officers above me, got men below me.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no sir, RUN is just a manager, got do everything.

Subordinates did wrong, they go home punctually, i got to go clear their shit.
Just now got dusty construction near office, i got to go shift my superior's car while he's in a meeting.

Middle Management - like a spec in army. Got officers above me, got men below me.

eh, bro, at least you got some decency in your job. last time, when i was in sinkieland, i was just a mere taxi driver, earning hand to mouth can only let other half fuck rich sinkie spit at me.:mad:

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In stocks you will still own the stocks even if the price falls. So once you purchase a stock you own it until you decide to sell. During the financial crisis the price fell but eventually recovered after the crisis.

In forex you can lose everything if the trade goes against you.

FX also can hold mah if lose............only with high leverage, you get into trouble with stocks or whatever.........

in fact FX is safer than stocks becoz companies can go bust (if you go long)..........no currency pair will go to ZERO........it's impossible

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
eh, bro, at least you got some decency in your job. last time, when i was in sinkieland, i was just a mere taxi driver, earning hand to mouth can only let other half fuck rich sinkie spit at me.:mad:

hahaha, No money liao must work harder mah,
I don't complain about workload as long as it is not complaints and shit-clearing.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trikomsel - Owned by SGX-listed Polaris

Trikomsel operating as normal in Indonesia but refuses to pay up. Many Singaporeans got tricked twice:
- Many jumped in just months before it defaulted when Japan's Softbank took a minority stake
- Market-whisper that a major local bank advised a handful of selected-clients to exit the bond brieftly before it defaulted.

TRIOIJ 5.250% 10May2016
Last Check: Defaulted
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/SG55I2992272

TRIOIJ 7.875% 05Jun2017
Last Check: Defaulted
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/SG6QG3000005

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FX also can hold mah if lose............only with high leverage, you get into trouble with stocks or whatever.........

in fact FX is safer than stocks becoz companies can go bust (if you go long)..........no currency pair will go to ZERO........it's impossible

Have you ever traded forex before? This was during the financial crisis where there were wild fluctuations in currency pairs. You could lose thousands in PIPs & I was using a normal account & not a micro account.

My loses did not occur in just 1 day. I held onto my trades hoping it would reverse but never did. I even topped up my account to remain in the trade.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far, i listed 12 companies with bonds in distressed.

NOL
IHC
Rickmer
Marco POlo
Pacific Radiance
Ezion
Nam Cheong
Ezra
Deutsche Bank
Trikomsel
Pacific Andes
ASL Marine

We have unhealthy Oil Services and shipping companies in distress.
Even our top shipyards are still on billion-dollars worth of vessels and rigs whose buyers went bust.
So what that interest rates are low?
There is no liquidity in the market now for even healthy companies cannot refinance properly.

If our central bank does not recognize the magnitude of the problem, our financial system will be crashed.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what is next then?
Oil and marine company crashed, then bank system also crash.

Noble Group
Did a massive rights issue to shore up their balance sheet but stills struggling.
IE Singapore is very reluctant to see them collapse but I think only COFCO can save them

NOBLSP 3.625% 20Mar2018 USD Bonds
Last Check: 14% discount to par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/XS0906440333

NOBLSP 6.750% 29Jan2020 USD Bonds
Last Check: 20% discount to par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/USG6542TAE13

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know that there is usually no rate increases in an election year but there is always an exception?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...on-outlook-jumps-as-goldman-says-more-to-come

Bond Market Inflation Outlook Jumps as Goldman Says More to Come

Goldman Sachs Group Inc. says inflation pressures are starting to build -- and bonds are signaling traders agree.

Investors anticipate consumer prices worldwide will rise 1.3 percent annually, the highest level in 14 months, based on Bank of America Corp. data. The figure, derived by comparing yields on nominal government bonds to those on inflation-linked debt, is still less than the Federal Reserve’s 2 percent target.

“All of the signals are suggesting that we are now pretty close to full employment, and we’re starting to exert some upward pressure on inflation,” Jan Hatzius, chief economist at Goldman Sachs in New York, said in a Bloomberg Television interview Tuesday. “I do think the Fed is going to respond to that. Gradually, but I think they will respond.”

There’s a 65 percent chance the Fed will raise interest rates in December, said Hatzius, whose firm is one of the 23 primary dealers that trade directly with the U.S. central bank. The probability is 50 percent, fed fund futures show.

The bond market shows the world probably isn’t entering an inflationary period, said Roger Bridges, the chief global strategist for interest rates and currencies in Sydney at Nikko Asset Management Co.’s Australian unit, which oversees $14.6 billion.

“I don’t think it’s suggesting that we’re going to see inflation,” he said. “It just means that the fear of deflation is lessening.”

U.S. 10-year note yields were little changed at 1.56 percent as of 12:49 p.m. in Tokyo, according to Bloomberg Bond Trader data. The price of the 1.5 percent security due in August 2026 was 99 14/32.

Japan’s 10-year bond yields declined one basis point to a five-week low of minus 0.09 percent, and Australia’s dropped three basis points to 1.95 percent.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that there is usually no rate increases in an election year but there is always an exception?

There is Fed meeting a week before US elections. I don't think they should do anything.
There is one more before Thanksgiving and the current odds is about 50-65% because market cannot tell who will win and whether Yellen will be replaced.

Yellen and her vice-chair gave strong hints of Sept hike which did not happen. Bernanke and volcker had been more predictable in giving hints in recent memory.

abcdexyz

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if a company bankrupt, bond holder get nothing?

How about share holders?

If a company sell to another company, like NOL? Bond holder also get nothing?