• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Bond investors in Spore be careful

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM will sell you fear and exploit your greed.

Fear - You value of cash in Bank will erode due to inflation and low int rates.
Greed - Ask you to Invest in high yield high risk products

Most of the time people buy into it.

After reading some of the stories shared here, I concluded it is better to have no investment rather than anyhow invest. At least your money is still safe in the bank and will grow somehow.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course I'm interested :smile:

There is always room for some speculation because I've got enough spare $ to gamble.

Here is a video. See what you make of it. Again, highly speculative. I've some $$ on it. If it finally delivers, it has the potential to change the entire construction industry. At least in the western world.

[video=youtube;5bW1vuCgEaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bW1vuCgEaA#action=share[/video]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is a video. See what you make of it. Again, highly speculative. I've some $$ on it. If it finally delivers, it has the potential to change the entire construction industry. At least in the western world.

[video=youtube;5bW1vuCgEaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bW1vuCgEaA#action=share[/video]

Are they only in Australia, or can one invest in this company via the US stock market:confused:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
may i ask how do ipo in america work, how do you subscribe to them or wait for their 1st day launch then can buy? thks in adv.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to industry wags, certain O&M players are lobbying to aggregate their debt into a pool and seeking the government to act as a backstop for these loans from banks.
Source: http://business.asiaone.com/news/om-players-eyeing-govt-backstop-debt-pool

Asking for govt to be like a guarantor for the loans?

unfortunately more cases of "accidental" ship-burning in the o&g industry will happen. this one just exploded into flames.

image.jpg

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was doing shares & forex, but forex is too dangerous for someone like me because I like to hold on to my trades for the long term.

then use weekly charts lah........at long term support or resistance then enter lor.........can hold long term also.............only problem is negative swap

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:(
then use weekly charts lah........at long term support or resistance then enter lor.........can hold long term also.............only problem is negative swap

Tried that. Even paid an experienced trader to follow his trades. Sometimes he made a profit & sometimes a loss. Finally even he gave up.

It was during the economic crisis of 2009 & many Traders got slaughtered. The market would go one way & then the other way. If you've done forex you know how easy it easy to blow an account. I made the mistake of not giving up earlier. If I only I had invested in shares, today I would have made 1 to 3 million.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tried that. Even paid an experienced trader to follow his trades. Sometimes he made a profit & sometimes a loss. Finally if he gave up.

It was during the economic crisis of 2009 & many Traders got slaughtered. The market would go one way & then the other way. If you've done forex you know how easy it easy to blow an account. I made the mistake of not giving up earlier. If I had only invested in shares, today I would have made 1 to 3 million.

knn, the scary part is those unscruplous so call gurus are targeting china. china is an amazon market and from what these gurus are imparting to the newbies. a lot of the chinese is going to get slaughtered. if these so called gurus are really upright, they should teach what they know and not hide the truth!:oIo:

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tried that. Even paid an experienced trader to follow his trades. Sometimes he made a profit & sometimes a loss. Finally even he gave up.

It was during the economic crisis of 2009 & many Traders got slaughtered. The market would go one way & then the other way. If you've done forex you know how easy it easy to blow an account. I made the mistake of not giving up earlier. If I only I had invested in shares, today I would have made 1 to 3 million.

what's the big difference between the 2 leh..........FX vs Stocks.........

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ill like to know asterix's system for trading and the reasoning behind every trade he makes both the macroeconomics reasons and the technical analysis.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what's the big difference between the 2 leh..........FX vs Stocks.........

In stocks you will still own the stocks even if the price falls. So once you purchase a stock you own it until you decide to sell. During the financial crisis the price fell but eventually recovered after the crisis.

In forex you can lose everything if the trade goes against you.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ill like to know asterix's system for trading and the reasoning behind every trade he makes both the macroeconomics reasons and the technical analysis.

Index futures day trading only and nothing else for the moment. Session trading would be more accurate, want to have my lunch in peace and sleep well. Basically it is surfing the waves and getting off - usually too soon :smile:

Technical Analysis - more than one time frame - half minute useful for scalping in the morning but a hindrance at other times - 5 minutes is reliable but have to have enough 5 minute bars so later in the day very useful, order flow, scaling in and out, switching sides (only at certain times of the day) when proven to be terribly wrong, different tactics for different conditions - always check if the patient is trending or ranging, etc. The more confluence the better and don't expect to get the last tick, be happy with 50% of the move.

There are flaws though. Many a day, I noticed that if I had simply bought or sold half my usual position or even a quarter and held it on to the end of the day, I would have made twice as much with half the stress. Maybe I should have two accounts - one for scalping and short term swinging (as in half an hour or less) and another for tarzan swinging (as in a few hours or still end of day or when the trend expires) - or better still acquire 20/20 foresight and hindsight.

No macroeconomic nonsense.

And pivot points and the open in relation thereto - opened slightly below S1 today and never at any time thereafter threatened to go above it - BEAR, BEAR, BEAR = SHORT, SHORT, SHORT

Sometimes look at indicators, sometimes forget to check but know that my heart is for some strange reason beating very fast so humtum 2 contracts to satisfy that urge:

Traders who are better at listening to the clues their bodies give them about market patterns make more money and survive longer in the industry, according to a study by former Goldman Sachs Group Inc. derivatives trader-turned-neuroscientist John Coates.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tive-traders-in-tune-with-heartbeat-make-more

[video=youtube;KXRDF2Vi_Gw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXRDF2Vi_Gw[/video]

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
In stocks you will still own the stocks even if the price falls. So once you purchase a stock you own it until you decide to sell. During the financial crisis the price fell but eventually recovered after the crisis.

In forex you can lose everything if the trade goes against you.

I've heard enough stories of people playing with options/margins/forex and get burned, suicide, jump kranji reservoir to know to stay away from it. Only play with the $$$ you have!