• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Bond investors in Spore be careful

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course I'm interested :smile:

There is always room for some speculation because I've got enough spare $ to gamble.

Go short on DBS...they have some 22 billion exposure for Marine industry..

Swiber looks like only the start....after end of sept ( window dressing is over), its price is more likely to tumble..

Why..??? ...likely more bad loans will surface from this marine sector...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Swiber looks like only the start....after end of sept ( window dressing is over), its price is more likely to tumble..

They may be too important for the PAP to allow them to fail.
The gov't may decide to bail them out:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone watching the Hilary vs Trump debate?

Many think that Hilary did better & the markets worldwide are going up:smile:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
but i thought when company issue bond, literally mean they trying to raise cash for their debt. so when investors dun want to buy, isn't it saying that the company isn't worth it.

Not really, I do read that APPLE, NESTLE and MICROSOFT raise $$$ from bond-issues to do share buybacks.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone watching the Hilary vs Trump debate?

Many think that Hilary did better & the markets worldwide are going up:smile:

Trump will make america great again! But yah, "polls" shows Hillary won this. But that is besides the point why Trump is so popular. Like the part about. "If I show my tax return, Hillary has to show the 300K emails she said its lost."

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need to paiseh............how many people can say they got 700K in the 1st place......?

I am humbled. I don't need to work so hard now if I didn't lose those money.

Last sat night, i returned from a business trip. I went back to office at 11pm and left on Sunday morning 4.30am.
I returned to work at 11am and left at 5pm on Sunday.

On brighter note, I am working hard now because I lost those money.

So, don't be like me. Don't touch shares.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since 2015, there are $12 rumours going around for our banks in 2016.

a financial institution is in deep shit too
Their investment arm is sitting on many listed counters with >30-50% losses
because the investment bankers colluded with the EDs in the same bank

The Investment bankers took up stakes in listed local O&G, Construction & minor Property companies
At the same time, the EDs made their RMs provide massive loans, trade facilities and OD facilities to the same companies companies, making so made so much money from revenue points
Some of these companies turned sour and the banks' risk dept want to recall some of the risky loans

but they cannot because their investment arm also invested in their customers.
conflict of interests
Do you think Iceberg Research n Muddy Waters dare to expose them in 2016?
https://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?212383-Singapore-After-The-Next-Election&p=2256350#post2256350

Please also monitor Deutsche Bank in October, they were trading at historical lows yesterday.

20160209_DB.jpg

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
They may be too important for the PAP to allow them to fail.
The gov't may decide to bail them out:smile:

DBS's may lose control over their bad debts because of their some ED's recklessness, I think they will not resort to a rights-issue so long they don't have to do national service and swallow Standard Chartered Bank.

OCBC will likely be bruised by Wing Hang's bad debts in the next 3 years.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Bernie Sanders will command 70% of the popular votes if he runs against these two.

The real question I've been trying to answer is. Why Hilary wants to be president. I can understand Trump.. but not Hilary. She has everything already! Yes, as TRUMP points out. 30 years of still thinking up a solution. Its about the emotions not the facts. Trump has a chance.

abcdexyz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every crisis is a chance, oil will back to 70-80 usd.
Singapore bank, still healthy. Remain positive outlook.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please also monitor Deutsche Bank in October, they were trading at historical lows yesterday.

20160209_DB.jpg

Deutsche Bank's Loss-Absorption Additional-Tier 1 Bonds

DB 7.500% USD Bonds
Last Check: 20% Discount from par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/US251525AN16

DB 6.250% USD Bonds
Last Check: 24% Discount from par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/XS1071551474

DB 6.250% EUR Bonds
Last Check: 28% Discount from par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/DE000DB7XHP3

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but i thought when company issue bond, literally mean they trying to raise cash for their debt. so when investors dun want to buy, isn't it saying that the company isn't worth it. the real problem now is that these companies issuing bonds are unable to pay up their interest, so there is fear in de bond market. tio bor?

Apple has about $225 billion.
Apple sold bonds because they cannot repatriate all their billions which are held offshore. If they brought it back to the US they would have to pay high US taxes

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trump will make america great again! But yah, "polls" shows Hillary won this. But that is besides the point why Trump is so popular. Like the part about. "If I show my tax return, Hillary has to show the 300K emails she said its lost."

Trump may be popular in the US but he is not going to be good for non-Americans.
Many are worried that if trump wins it will cause plenty of uncertainty in the markets.

Will take a wait & see before I put more money into the US market

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trump may be popular in the US but he is not going to be good for non-Americans.
Many are worried that if trump wins it will cause plenty of uncertainty in the markets.

Will take a wait & see before I put more money into the US market

Hahaha.. aiya johnny ah. That is like saying the dry weather in US is not going to be good for your skin because the apples harvested would be of poor quality. There are more important things in life than to worry about who is to be the big boss of USA. Who is PM of sg, who is going to war with who, no difference, only have more or have less, it is all the same to me. :smile: