• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Bond investors in Spore be careful

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Distress call from Rickmers Trust bondholders:

take-stock-not-take-cover-singapore-bonds-investors-unite.jpg

RICKSP 8.450% 15May2017 Corp (SGD)
Last Checked: Offered 72% discount from par by converting 28% value to shares
Bonds Issued: S$100mio

Latest: Rickmers says may propose winding up the trust if note restructure fails
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...trust-seeks-to-issue-units-amid-restructuring

Rickmers Trust Management Pte., the trustee-manager of Rickmers Maritime, proposes to issue 1.32 billion new units to raise S$60 million ($44.4 million) and pay down a S$100 million debenture maturing in May 2017, it said in an exchange filing Thursday. The firm plans to swap the remaining S$40 million of the securities into new notes maturing in 2023. The trust said last week it was seeking leniency from creditors on about $253 million of borrowings due in 2017 to avoid potential liquidation or judicial management.

Rickmers Trust may propose to wind up the trust if a successful restructuring of the notes can’t be achieved and if it "is of the opinion that it is impracticable or inadvisable to continue the Trust," according to the statement.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Run, Glad you are back.. I like Lippo Indonesia mall business , they are like our Capitalland... but my friend always think Lippo is bad investment because it is over leveraged.
Too late to RUN.
For many of us who haven't RUN by now, are probably sitting on paper losses.
Even yesterday's Lippo 7% placements, struggling to stay afloat (par).

Don't add new positions until October is over.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Run, Glad you are back.. I like Lippo Indonesia mall business , they are like our Capitalland... but my friend always think Lippo is bad investment because it is over leveraged.

Lippo should be doing better given the positive sentiments in Indonesia. Unfortunately, they ended up artificially suppressing their own share price by not being clear about their plans to delist from SGX and move to Jakarta. I think we might ended up with a low-ball privatization offer if the share price remains below 50 cents.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marco Polo Marine
Ms Vivian Hsu married the CEO of this locally-listed marine logistic company. Last week, the company announced that they need delay payment on their bonds and rumoured to seek bondholders' approval to roll over for a few more years.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-plans-to-delay-payment-on-bonds-in-singapore

20140129_vivianhsu_TNP.jpg

Message from a very supportive wife:-

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/zentertainment/celebs/story20160921-668962

“从小到大我靠自己脚踏实地的过着每一天撑起一个家,除了孕期需卧床不得不停工以外,婚后我也依然做着自己喜爱的表演工作,女人要有自己的事业、自己的成就和自我的肯定,这样的初衷,婚前婚后都没有改变过。

“在现代男女平等的价值观里,我从来没有想要去做贵太太,那从来不是我追求的梦想也不是我衡量生活的标准,幸福不等于锦衣玉食!我的梦想很简单,能遇到一位对生活、工作、家庭,认真的好老公,一起努力去经营我们的小家庭,继续勇敢的面对生活。我的幸福是我们都健康、平安。

“人与人的相遇是缘份,更难得的是我遇到一个能相知、相信、相扶持的人。婚前婚后我和老公对彼此的事业和专业一直保持尊重又互相支持的态度,很感谢先生和婆家一路支持我,去做我喜欢的事,从未给我任何压力。 最后谢谢大家的关心。”

MPMSP 5.750% 18Oct2016 Corp (SGD)
Last Checked: 30% discount from par
Bonds Issued: S$50mio
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/SG58C9997636

Latest: Singapore's Marco Polo Marine flags doubt on continuing as a going concern
5 minutes ago
http://www.reuters.com/article/marco-polo-debt-idUSL3N1BY19N

"There cannot be any assurance that the issuer or the group will be able to continue as a going concern," the Singapore company said in a securities filing to the stock exchange.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That explains why all my stocks are up.

Anyone knows whether the price of US stocks will go up or down when the FED announces a rate hike:confused:

I'm planning on getting some Vanguard index ETFs for the S&P & wondering if I should wait until after the Fed announces a US rate hike?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone knows whether the price of US stocks will go up or down when the FED announces a rate hike:confused:

I'm planning on getting some Vanguard index ETFs for the S&P & wondering if I should wait until after the Fed announces a US rate hike?

the answer is in your statement but sometimes, it depends on market sentiment also.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to industry wags, certain O&M players are lobbying to aggregate their debt into a pool and seeking the government to act as a backstop for these loans from banks.
Source: http://business.asiaone.com/news/om-players-eyeing-govt-backstop-debt-pool

Asking for govt to be like a guarantor for the loans?

Here's an example from EZION

EZISP 3.650% 05Aug2020 Corp (backed by DBS - committed funding)
Last Checked: Trading at 1% below par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/UV3894705

EZISP 5.100% 13Mar2020 Corp (higher coupon, similar maturity than the above bond but...........)
Last Checked: Trading at 25% below par
https://www.bondsupermart.com/main/bond-info/bond-factsheet/SG6PB3000008

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

It should be down, but don't quote me. I only started trading last year. With increase, it means the money would go to bonds hence reducing price of stocks.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry sir, no such correlation hahahah

but i thought when company issue bond, literally mean they trying to raise cash for their debt. so when investors dun want to buy, isn't it saying that the company isn't worth it. the real problem now is that these companies issuing bonds are unable to pay up their interest, so there is fear in de bond market. tio bor?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am currently living on the dividends I am getting from my Malaysian shares. Even with the weak ringgit it is a 5 figure SGD$ amount
it's not much but it's enough for my simple lifestyle. My home is fully paid for & I don't have a car.

I don't have to touch my US$ dividends. I will be using that to invest in the US.

I typed my reply but couldn't post then as I was banned. Since the ringgit dividends amount is five figure then you can channel to USA stocks instead since you seem to have made money there as I recall and USD likelihood to strengthen is higher than ringgit that this few years I saw only one way - keeps falling.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I typed my reply but couldn't post then as I was banned. Since the ringgit dividends amount is five figure then you can channel to USA stocks instead since you seem to have made money there as I recall and USD likelihood to strengthen is higher than ringgit that this few years I saw only one way - keeps falling.

I can put all my eggs in one basket i.e. country, but I think I will continue my diversification strategy as long as my investments are performing. I'm already taking a foreign exchange hit in the conversion from ringgit to $SGD. Don't want to lose more $ if I have to convert it to US$.

Right now the Malaysian ringgit is not doing well. Might as well use the ringgit for my daily living expenses & take the opportunity to invest any surplus ringgit in Malaysia. The ringgit is really suffering, the money changers are currently offering RM$3.X to SGD$1. The Malaysians must be feeling the pain. I hope they do something & fix their political problems

Expect the US$ to appreciate by the end of this year when they start to increase their interest rates. However if Trump wins the election who knows what will happen:eek:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can put all my eggs in one basket i.e. country, but I think I will continue my diversification strategy as long as my investments are performing. I'm already taking a foreign exchange hit in the conversion from ringgit to $SGD. Don't want to lose more $ if I have to convert it to US$.

Right now the Malaysian ringgit is not doing well. Might as well use the ringgit for my daily living expenses & take the opportunity to invest any surplus ringgit in Malaysia. The ringgit is really suffering, the money changers are currently offering RM$3.X to SGD$1. The Malaysians must be feeling the pain. I hope they do something & fix their political problems

Expect the US$ to appreciate by the end of this year when they start to increase their interest rates. However if Trump wins the election who knows what will happen:eek:

Buy stocks that will increase when TRUMP wins. I've one positions that would should he.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't commit to stocks in a presidential election year, especially between now and november. massive correction typically happens in october with late polls showing a possible changing of the guard. if polls indicate a clinton win, markets will be bullish. if polls trend towards a trump triumph, markets will be bearish. liquidate as much as you can before october, hold cash, and you can always cum back to stocks after 6 months of uncertainty and violatility.