• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sammyboy's List of Preferred 2017 EP Candidates

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Will Singaporeans surprise LHL and the pap at the next EP Election.

Will:

1. A strong and independent Singaporean step forward to challenge the PAP's endorsed candidate.
2. Singaporeans vote decisively for this candidate at the voting booth

They have mangled the EP so much I'm not sure a truly independent Singaporean will be prepared to offer himself or herself for election. A person of that substance will have no illusions about what the EP has been turned into.

We had once chance in 2011 and blew it. I blew my own vote. Now we may not even get the chance to vote in 2017.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have mangled the EP so much I'm not sure a truly independent Singaporean will be prepared to offer himself or herself for election. A person of that substance will have no illusions about what the EP has been turned into.

We had once chance in 2011 and blew it. I blew my own vote. Now we may not even get the chance to vote in 2017.

I am hoping against all hope that someone which the pap missed in their calculation may just step forward and contest against the pap.

It is not impossible and if such a person offers himself, all Singapore will rejoice and pap may suffer its worst humiliating defeat next year.

LHL thinks he has everything covered, but has he?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahmad Mattar plays buckside wan... he was caught red-handed fucking his male clerk's buckside in his office after office hours.

Ahmad Mattar will not be nominated although he may qualify under LHL's WP recommendations

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will Singaporeans surprise LHL and the pap at the next EP Election.

Will:

1. A strong and independent Singaporean step forward to challenge the PAP's endorsed candidate.
2. Singaporeans vote decisively for this candidate at the voting booth

sinkies will surprise everyone by giving PAP's endorsed candidate the mandate.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Parliament passes the proposed amendment without changes, then LKY and SR's chant of a meritocratic SG can be thrown into the wind. It shd be best person for the job regardless of race, gender or religion.

LHL is a 100% coward
Time to scrap the meaningless Singapore Pledge ("Aspiration")

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whole litany of personal issues. His toyboy lawyer boyfriend made a bankrupt and disbarred last year. Also wont qualify under character rules.

Ahmad Mattar plays buckside wan... he was caught red-handed fucking his male clerk's buckside in his office after office hours.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clearly, as can be seen from forum postings, more than a few chaps here think that the govt regrets implementing the EP but is too politically proud to admit it. Thus, the charade must continue.

Been a long time I logged in but just to say something.

You're close there. The govt regrets implementing the EP too early. After 1991 they thought they were on the way to losing power but even they didn't expect Singaporeans to be that insecure with the prospect of losing the PAP as a govt, resulting in the 2001 and 2015 "boosters". To be honest PAP has no confidence with the populace of which up to 70% to 75% cast their vote to them, instead thinking of them as reckless, emotional and unappreciative voters.

And once PAP has a "booster" it takes a while for their votes to come back down. This explains the "extended" length of stay of the PAP. However, it doesn't mean their end time will come soon since more "boosters" may come in the way. If Singaporeans were like those in other countries, 2020 would have been PAP's death knell.

Still, that's where PAP would want the EP to jam the Singapore opposition when they come into power.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

You're close there. The govt regrets implementing the EP too early. After 1991 they thought they were on the way to losing power but even they didn't expect Singaporeans to be that insecure with the prospect of losing the PAP as a govt, resulting in the 2001 and 2015 "boosters". To be honest PAP has no confidence with the populace of which up to 70% to 75% cast their vote to them, instead thinking of them as reckless, emotional and unappreciative voters.

And once PAP has a "booster" it takes a while for their votes to come back down. This explains the "extended" length of stay of the PAP. However, it doesn't mean their end time will come soon since more "boosters" may come in the way. If Singaporeans were like those in other countries, 2020 would have been PAP's death knell.

Still, that's where PAP would want the EP to jam the Singapore opposition when they come into power.

Yes, pap knows that it is not as good as it portrays itself and one day Singaporeans will know the truth. PAP tries to delay it becoming the Opposition and when that day comes, it wants an EP who can hinder the new govt. That's how sly and dirty the pap is. When it is down, it wants to make sure the new govt cant function because it has to face a pap EP who will do his best to obstract

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think that is the case at all.

It has nothing to do with opposition politics or that the opposition will come into power and squander the reserves. The original fear that opposition will come to power soon that old man held is not the current burning issue or even an issue for the next 10 years. From stopping a potential rogue government, the current exercise is to to stop a potential rogue president from embarrassing the government. They are now setting the pool of likely candidates, clippings the wings of future Presidents and building the parliamentary override safety mechanism. In fact the parliamentary overide mechanism helps the opposition when they come to power and destroys the premise that the PAP fear an opposition takeover soon.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think that is the case at all.

It has nothing to do with opposition politics or that the opposition will come into power and squander the reserves. The original fear that opposition will come to power soon that old man held is not the current burning issue or even an issue for the next 10 years. From stopping a potential rogue government, the current exercise is to to stop a potential rogue president from embarrassing the government. They are now setting the pool of likely candidates, clippings the wings of future Presidents and building the parliamentary override safety mechanism. In fact the parliamentary overide mechanism helps the opposition when they come to power and destroys the premise that the PAP fear an opposition takeover soon.

LHL and the pap fear a truly courageous and independent EP who exercises his duties and responsibilities diligently. LHL knows that if he doesnt do anything now, the day of a rubber stamp EP is likely to be over for him come 2017.

LHL is afraid of a true Elected President

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think a independent President under the existing EP model can do much damage as OTC despite having inside knowledge found out. It more to avoid any embarrassment of another ongoing stouch like they had with OTC but also to avoid a nasty shock when Tony Tan got only 35% and became a laughing stock. Tony Tan was a former DPM, member of the cabinet and former CEO and Chairman of OCBC - as bluechip as one can get. Yet, look at the votes he got.

LHL and the pap fear a truly courageous and independent EP who exercises his duties and responsibilities diligently. LHL knows that if he doesnt do anything now, the day of a rubber stamp EP is likely to be over for him come 2017.

LHL is afraid of a true Elected President

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think a independent President under the existing EP model can do much damage as OTC despite having inside knowledge found out. It more to avoid any embarrassment of another ongoing stouch like they had with OTC but also to avoid a nasty shock when Tony Tan got only 35% and became a laughing stock. Tony Tan was a former DPM, member of the cabinet and former CEO and Chairman of OCBC - as bluechip as one can get. Yet, look at the votes he got.

Yes, it was a huge embarrassment for the pap. LHL thought that with a super blue chip like Tony, he wld cruise through PE 2011. LHL must have got the shock of his life on 27 Aug nite when the result was announced. Dare he now send in a less endowed candidate next year if he didnt manipulate the Constitution and change the rules and criteria. Even with the changes, if LHL is not careful, pap can still lose if a good candidate comes forward to contest against the pap

Last edited: