• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

154th presents the ideal stay away from politics story

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
April 4, 2009
Politics? Not for me

Though Mr Terence Foo studied political science, he is not interested in joining politics as he is 'happy with the way things are'. -- PHOTO: MUGILAN RAJASEGERAN

AS A young undergraduate-to-be, Mr Terence Foo chose to study at the University of Michigan as it 'has the best political science programme'.

He later decided, however, to do it as an elective and majored in economics because he is, as he puts it wryly, a 'typical Singaporean, afraid of not being able to find a job with a political science degree'.

Now 38, it is this same pragmatism that leads him to firmly cross out entering politics as a possibility.

'I've never been interested, it's never crossed my mind,' he says categorically.

'A lot of it has to do with contentment. I'm happy with the way things are, there's no reason to be an activist.

'I've benefited from the system, I don't feel that there is anything worth changing.'