• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious TOC Andrew Loh going for heart bypass only realise how good PAP is to him

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
14390816_1108252799230727_8554285313273877374_n.jpg

One of the artery 100% block! Get well soon Andrew!!

Andrew Loh (founder and ex chief editor of TOC): [So, I went to Hougang Polyclinic to see a doctor and to get a referral to TTSH......Am I worried about the op, which is taking place on 22 September? Not really.

I believe I am in good hands, and that the op will go smoothly. I am a little anxious about all that cutting, though – the surgeon is going to be taking 3 veins from my legs and my left arm, plus cutting apart my breastbone to get at my heart – and the pain I am going to have. (Doc said they will give me morphin for the first 2 days.)

As for the financials, I have to say we were surprised when the nurse who counselled us on such matters told us the cost of the bypass surgery, and how much we are expected to pay.

The final bill is expected to be in the ballpark of $5,000, give or take. This is after an up to 80% government subsidy.

Factor in Medishield Life (please contribute to your Medisave!), and personal insurance, and we end up paying very little (if any) by way of cash payments.

So, whatever you may say, I do appreciate that govt subsidy and Medishield Life are important and helpful.

If you do not contribute to Medisave, or do not have enough in Medisave, PLEASE find some way to contribute! It is important!

Life is indeed short. This news of me needing a bypass op comes barely 2 months after I had turned 50. Such news do make you pause and ponder on life, and to treasure those around you.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if he had his triple bypass done in the u.s. without 100% medical insurance coverage, he would be dead broke.