• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Smrt defends sacking of smrt driver

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reason why there is an outcry is cos the driver is a m&d were the driver a Chinese i doubt there would be an outcry http://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/other...ccident/ar-BBwdNRO?li=AAaGkVj&ocid=spartandhp

SMRT defends themselves amidst outcry against the sacking of driver involved in train accident

page In the wake of the tragic accident that took the lives of two young SMRT trainees earlier this year, heads had to be rolled for sure. Thus why 49-year-old Rahmat Mohd is now jobless. The former SMRT train driver was sacked on Tuesday following an internal disciplinary inquiry, while sources who spoke to The Straits Times mentioned another staffer who was fired as well.

Both of them were involved in the March 22 tragedy, in which 26-year-old Nasrulhudin Najumudin and 24-year-old Muhammad Asyraf Ahmad Buhari died after getting hit by a train near Pasir Ris MRT station while investigating a fault on the tracks. The public were up in arms over the sacking of the two SMRT staffers — the blame and consequences of the tragedy should lie with the higher-ups, they argued.

After all, it was officially declared that multiple lapses in safety were the cause of the accident. Netizens disagreed that the Rahmat should bear all the responsibility as there was no evidence showing that the deaths were solely his fault.

"If we're really into sacking the driver, then shouldn't the management be held to a higher degree of accountability? After all, the driver is but one of many factors in the accident," writes Jerry Chrife on Facebook.

"When a series of safeguards are breached at the same time, it is no longer human error, but a systematic failure. But is there really any surprise?".

While extremely thankful for SMRT's support in the wake of the accident, Muhammad Asyraf's cousin believes that it would have been better if the transport operator based their disciplinary actions on the Coroner's Inquiry, which will reveal the "real" sequence of events. "The takeaway from all this is that hopefully, none of this happens again,” he said to TODAY.

SMRT Trains' managing director Lee Ling Wee defended his company's decision amidst public outcry and the presumably a bid to temper low morale.

In an email sent to all SMRT staff members, he assured that that they do not single out any staff or department to bear the responsibility when things go wrong.

Lee explains that the two sacked employees were let go after a “fair, thorough and comprehensive” disciplinary process centred on the fatal accident.

Other than the two dismissals, SMRT has also issued verbal and written warning letters to employees "across several grades" who also played a part in the tragedy. When queried on the email, SMRT declined to comment on its contents.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jah jah jah... You just dun get it. It was precisely because he not chink that abang got sacked. See, if he chink and you tell him tolong dun baotoh mgmt, he will Kwai Kwai listen to you. But no, god fearing abang do not understand the Confucian concept of filial piety and loyalty, want to play punk, an example needs to be made before more turncoats rat on us. It is all very simple. You are not a five year old anymore, dun behave like one. :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jah jah jah... You just dun get it. It was precisely because he not chink that abang got sacked. See, if he chink and you tell him tolong dun baotoh mgmt, he will Kwai Kwai listen to you. But no, god fearing abang do not understand the Confucian concept of filial piety and loyalty, want to play punk, an example needs to be made before more turncoats rat on us. It is all very simple. You are not a five year old anymore, dun behave like one. :rolleyes:
fuck off la nigger what baotoh management? They found him guilty and sacked him what baotoh? You dumb nigger moron.

jw5

Loyal
Why didn't they sack the transport ministar? He has overall authority, shouldn't he be accountable? :rolleyes:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
fuck off la nigger what baotoh management? They found him guilty and sacked him what baotoh? You dumb nigger moron.

Alamak. Must I spell out everything? You dumber than I thought! Train driver is confirm witness to the accident and sure asked to assist in investigations. If he refuse to play ball and corroborate with statements made by others like mgmt, smrt could incur a much larger liability and mgmt bonus all gone! Now that he jobless, it is much easier to seek his cooperation because he no cooperate then union can only find cleaner job for him! I help you, you help me! So simple you dunno? :rolleyes:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why didn't they sack the transport ministar? He has overall authority, shouldn't he be accountable? :rolleyes:

He is accountable to make other people accountable even though they are not responsible for it. That is the magic pill for every PAP minister.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is so easy to go after the small fries ...SMRT hoping that this will end the issue.

Sinkees should demand that heads roll at the C-level. Ideally, the CEO should be fired. But the Board is a bunch of crooks. So the CEO will remain. The EVP of operations should be canned then.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak. Must I spell out everything? You dumber than I thought! Train driver is confirm witness to the accident and sure asked to assist in investigations. If he refuse to play ball and corroborate with statements made by others like mgmt, smrt could incur a much larger liability and mgmt bonus all gone! Now that he jobless, it is much easier to seek his cooperation because he no cooperate then union can only find cleaner job for him! I help you, you help me! So simple you dunno? :rolleyes:

you fucking nigger i am talking about the outcry were a Chinese fire there won't be such an outcry. Btw how do you know what you claim to be true? Are you privy to the mrt investigation matters? No you just made it up from your ass. Posting your tua pao xian stories is one thing. Trying to teach others and making them seem like they are real aka factual is another matter. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singapore is well known for sacking the lowest common denominator for a highest common factor cock up.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW who is the other who was sacked ?

Fuck the SMRT....the only transport organisation in the whole wide world that bring a little girl to court and fined her for charging her handphone at their station.Now everywhere they are providing charging points free of charge for phone user.

Fuck the SMRT...The only transport organisation that employ a retail saleperson to head the whole nation rail network and side track safety and operation efficiency for commercial profits from retail outlets.

Fuck PM LHL..for 9 years, he did not intercede and regularise this improper situation where commuters
eventually suffer with current frequent breakdowns and employees suffered fatal mishaps.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
you fucking nigger i am talking about the outcry were a Chinese fire there won't be such an outcry. Btw how do you know what you claim to be true? Are you privy to the mrt investigation matters? No you just made it up from your ass. Posting your tua pao xian stories is one thing. Trying to teach others and making them seem like they are real aka factual is another matter. :rolleyes:

I do not claim to be an insider. Everything is very plausible you see. More probable than 1) chink train drivers, or 2) chink victim families expressing concern over the sacking of the said driver. :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not claim to be an insider. Everything is very plausible you see. More probable than 1) chink train drivers, or 2) chink victim families expressing concern over the sacking of the said driver. :rolleyes:

ROFL at plausible. Why not just say you assume it to be the case and therefore is the truth. :rolleyes:

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good job my fellow Chinese dog. We chinks are cowards and follow the rules. Also good for telling off proud chink Jah.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore is well known for sacking the lowest common denominator for a highest common factor cock up.

Well said and spot on. Wong kan seng was only demoted to coordinating minister for home affairs and continued to draw a full ministerial salary, whilst people far lower in rank were disciplined far more harshly and even sacked.