• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious The shocking lack of Whistle Blowers and justice seekers in sinkieland

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense lah, your hypothetical scenario Papsmearer. Confidential information is strictly on a need to know basis. There is no need to jeopardize your own position by admitting the problem outside the circle. After all it is not a contagious disease.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Your hypothetical case already done lah.

Back during SARS I did the same. Except thete is no email telling you all this. I wrote what really happened at SGH before the SARS outbreak there. I myself was warded with sispected SARS.

Nobody gives two shits lah.

Oh and they will still know who you are given the fact only a few people would know such confidential information.

If it is so widespread that everyone knows and cannot track who then there is nothing to whistleblow.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies have the highest income in ASEAN, Asia pacific and amongst the world. Safe streets, developed infrastructure, freedom of religion, no sharia, free elections every 4-5 years.
Sinkapore is tiny dot ...it should be compared to a certain region of the neighbouring countries instead. Otherwise, compare it to the developed countries. Average incomes tell us nothing. Use median income lah.
Developed infrastructure - MRT is failing, lots more ponding, rats are running freely;
Freedom of religion - only religions approved by the PAP;
Free elections - define free. When elections are conducted by the PM, how can that be free?

Try living permanently in any ASEAN country on their median income for a year.
You are not comparing apple with apple.

jw5

Loyal
Your hypothetical case already done lah.

Back during SARS I did the same. Except thete is no email telling you all this. I wrote what really happened at SGH before the SARS outbreak there. I myself was warded with sispected SARS.

Nobody gives two shits lah.

Oh and they will still know who you are given the fact only a few people would know such confidential information.

If it is so widespread that everyone knows and cannot track who then there is nothing to whistleblow.

Why do you use so many "lahs" in your post? Are you a moron? :confused:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Why do you use so many "lahs" in your post? Are you a moron? :confused:
If you say I am just cos I use lah.....then probably 90% of Singaporeans are morons.

And I would agree that by using lah I am a moron

Jw5 are you a Singaporean?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If you say I am just cos I use lah.....then probably 90% of Singaporeans are morons. And I would agree that by using lah I am a moronJw5 are you a Singaporean?
It's tolerable in speech but does not look good in writing.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You don't normally use Singlish.

Yes I didn't.

I get what you are trying to say Sam.

Well, it has been 13 years since I first got to know Sammyboy Alfresco Coffeeshop. Back then it seemed a little more intellectual. There were high hopes that with more people knowing the underbelly of Singapore, people would wake up during elections. Well history has shown otherwise.

I lost touch when you moved the forum away from Delphi. It was only after I moved to Canada and asychee asked me to check out the new forum that I came back.

It has been 6 years now since then. And all I keep reading is the same old crap. Sinkies kpkb. Trying to evangelize. Some are so dumb that even when I try explaining things in simple language they just don't get it. They probably don't know who they are. LOL.

So these days coming here is more for fun. Read all the same crap. I actually find perverse pleasure in reading all the kpkbs of all the losers in Singapore.

Nothing much more to write seriously these days. So out come the lahs and lors and Singlish the loser language so to speak.

It is my way of paying "tribute" to Singapore and Singaporeans.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It has been 6 years now since then. And all I keep reading is the same old crap. Sinkies kpkb. Trying to evangelize. Some are so dumb that even when I try explaining things in simple language they just don't get it. So these days coming here is more for fun. Read all the same crap. I actually find perverse pleasure in reading all the kpkbs of all the losers in Singapore.Nothing much more to write seriously these days. So out come the lahs and lors and Singlish the loser language so to speak. It is my way of paying "tribute" to Singapore and Singaporeans.
There's always been loads of crap in this forum. :smile:However in the good old days there was a sense of enthusiasm and optimism that on line forums could change things.There was also some hope that when the old fart kicked the bucket things would change.Nowadays everyone is just jaded and disillusioned. I can't be bothered anymore either whereas I used to be very enthusiastic especially in offering help in getting out of that cesspit country.However life goes on and I still find some enjoyment in reading some of the stuff here.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't normally use Singlish.

singlish is for relaxing chatter. i use it at times when i'm in a viet bikini café listening to ducks talking to chickens. instead of getting annoyed and pulling my hair out, i use singlish to calm my mind and relac one corner. vietnamese is the universe's most annoying language. aliens crash their crafts and kill themselves when they hear them talk. that language alone spoken on tactical radios can defeat americans and tiongs. ptsd from the vietnam war is a result of hearing too much viet chatter.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
singlish is for relaxing chatter. i use it at times when i'm in a viet bikini café listening to ducks talking to chickens. instead of getting annoyed and pulling my hair out, i use singlish to calm my mind and relac one corner. vietnamese is the universe's most annoying language. aliens crash their crafts and kill themselves when they hear them talk. that language alone spoken on tactical radios can defeat americans and tiongs. ptsd from the vietnam war is a result of hearing too much viet chatter.
I'm trying out https again but it seems to be messing up the formatting and also the edit and reply scripts seem to take forever.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm trying out https again but it seems to be messing up the formatting and also the edit and reply scripts seem to take forever.

for some reason, all links of singsupplies' folders are redirected to sammyboy. is the fqdn now only sammyboy?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
There's always been loads of crap in this forum. :smile:However in the good old days there was a sense of enthusiasm and optimism that on line forums could change things.There was also some hope that when the old fart kicked the bucket things would change.Nowadays everyone is just jaded and disillusioned. I can't be bothered anymore either whereas I used to be very enthusiastic especially in offering help in getting out of that cesspit country.However life goes on and I still find some enjoyment in reading some of the stuff here.

Har nor! Emigration threads all dead. Those who could get out all got out oredi.

There are those who give thousand and one excuses why they cannot get out when it is really just a lack of determination to try.

We the emigrated group (and you can tell who they are cos we don't really care anymore and we dont kpkb and comprain about gahment) sit back and enjoy reading.

I often tell myself heng I got out man. Otherwise I'll still be like them. Shake head.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly, this has been bugging me for years. But in this day and age, with so many alternate media sites, as well as anonymous blogs and social media offerings, why is there still a deafening silence from people in the know about the inside story of the major screw ups in Singapore.

There's no whistleblower culture in Singapore because many people here feel that nothing will be done, especially if allegations of wrongdoing are made against govt departments or ministers. This apathy is reinforced by past experiences of cover-ups or worse, reprisals against whistleblowers. Of course, there are many kiasu buggers who are just too chicken to speak up for fear of losing their jobs, etc.

It has to be institutionalized. In the UK the Public Commissioner for Administration investigates complaints made by any individual against public authorities, and answers to the Lower House. Its powers are very comprehensive, and even the PM can be investigated. The anonymity of the whistleblower is protected by law under the Public Commissioner Act.

In American MNCs, even those operating here, there's an ombudsman who will investigate complaints made by any employee about impropriety by those in management or the board. Investigations are carried out and appropriate action is taken where necessary. Anonymity is protected at all times, if the complainant so wishes. You either drop a note (anonymous or otherwise) in the Ombudsman's Box, or e-mail the ombudsman directly. A meeting may be arranged.

No prizes for guessing why the PAP will never institutionalize whistleblowing here. The entire Lee family and half the cabinet would be indicted. The opposition should push for a similar act in parliament, but I don't see that happening.

Nevertheless, with the advent of social media and online news sources, no wrongdoing can be kept secret for long, even in an authoritarian society. The train crack incident is a good example.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There's no whistleblower culture in Singapore because many people here feel that nothing will be done, especially if allegations of wrongdoing are made against govt departments or ministers. This apathy is reinforced by past experiences of cover-ups or worse, reprisals against whistleblowers. Of course, there are many kiasu buggers who are just too chicken to speak up for fear of losing their jobs, etc. Nevertheless, with the advent of social media and online news sources, no wrongdoing can be kept secret for long, even in an authoritarian society. The train crack incident is a good example.
Once again, I will explain my argument. 1) We know that odds are there will be nothing done against the govt and the responsible ministers because this is a dictatorship. However, in some cases action is actually taken. The Brompton Bike scandal is a good example, where a whistle blower tipped off the chinese newspaper and the whole case got out in the open. Who tipped them off? I don't know and you don't know. But for sure, the local newspapers don't check the govt procurement website every day to look for these kinds of scandal. Maybe the Taiwanese competitor who makes similar folding bikes to the Brompton company tipped off the newspaper? maybe a another bike shop got pissed off that their competitor Bikeshop won the contract because the owner was a buddy of the Nparks manager who put up the tender? No one knows. But we do know that something was done, and the guy went to court and was charged. 2) Even if nothing was done, or will be done, people should still whistle blow. why? Because by doing so, they will put the PAP on the defensive. They will expose the PAP as untrustworthy and dishonest. Look at the spin and the lies that Khaw put on the Brompton bike scandal. It made him look like an idiot. The same for the crack trains scandals. After Factwire broke the news, the local media was filled with pages and pages of LTA and SMRT trying to defend itself. Anytime when you can cast legitimate doubt on the competency of the PAP it is a good thing. You will never sway the 40-50% hardcore PAP who don't care and will still vote them even if they were bend over and personally raped by their local PAP MP. But the 10-15% fence sitters might do something about it at the next GE. 3) I don't know why people on this forum equate whistle blowing with reprisals and job loss. It can be completely anonymous as shown above. They cannot come after you if they do not know who you are. That is the whole reason that Wikileaks exist. No one knows who are the exact people releasing all this information. Wikileaks receives all the secret documents from all its sources and then releases it to the news media. If they identified who their sources were, they will not be in business for long. Every single person who sends incriminating information to Wikileaks is unknown. With so many ways to achieve and maintain anonymity, there is really no excuse other then lack of balls. 4) U have hit the nail on the head. with social media and online networks, there is no reason that the news cannot be spread out there,..........while maintaining your anonymity.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Har nor! Emigration threads all dead. Those who could get out all got out oredi. There are those who give thousand and one excuses why they cannot get out when it is really just a lack of determination to try. We the emigrated group (and you can tell who they are cos we don't really care anymore and we dont kpkb and comprain about gahment) sit back and enjoy reading. I often tell myself heng I got out man. Otherwise I'll still be like them. Shake head.
I have considered getting out, and I might still do that down the road. I do qualify under the various investor immigrant categories put out there by various countries. But always, i ask myself, why should I leave? What have I done wrong that I should leave? I was born and raised here and its true the country has changed from a happy one in my earlier years to the shit hole it is today. But i if leave, I am playing into the PAP's hands. They want you to leave. They want more new citizens to come in, even if its for a short time, to keep their votes up and buy new shit HDB flats from them. If anybody should leave, it should be the PAP. They are the ones that fucked up the place.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, but without this forum and others like it, things would be worse. I can guarantee you that. U think the PAP does not monitor and read these forums? These forums are good for enlightening people and also good for explaining the new scams that come out. Want to know why the govt really wanted to shift to the new bus model and the implications of that, come here and read the thread on it. If even 10 people change their votes from PAP to oppo after reading some post here, then its already worth it. i have long maintained that the WP is a fake oppo and put out several threads on this, and i can see the opinion is switching to my point of view here. There is still some usefulness to this forum.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't be bothered anymore either whereas I used to be very enthusiastic especially in offering help in getting out of that cesspit country.

What cesspit country? Don't you know that sinkieland is the 2nd greatest city of the world? Our golden period is not over yet. My psychic sixth sense tells me that LKY has been reborn into an elite sinkie family and will lead sinkieland to even greater heights in about 20 years time. He will be a political prodigy and will take over PAP at the young tender age of 18.