• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singapore for Singaporean!

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
14237612_1292826280741581_7231694941608744080_n.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello, you forgot the SIT Flats & HDB Flats, your mother & even your grandma built!...the samsui women..construction back then, was done 99% Singaporeans, 1% others, which included Malaysians.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, you forgot the SIT Flats & HDB Flats, your mother & even your grandma built!...the samsui women..construction back then, was done 99% Singaporeans, 1% others, which included Malaysians.

Yes, Singapore for Singaporeans. Foreign workers come in to work and then return to their countries. They shd not stay and cause problems when they dont want to integrate and assimilate with Singaporeans

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People have poor memory. They probably thought the British built it for us.

Singaporeans are not complaining about construction workers, maids etc who fill a necessary void. They are complaining about open gate policy to any foreigner from right across the various vocations including management positions who either undercut their salary expectations to get jobs or who produce false and fraudulent when it comes to qualifications.

We had Venezuelan Prof for 8 years in A*Star and NUS who had tampered with his research work. The only reason he got caught was because he was foolish enough to apply for a job in the UK and his peers realised he had no clue what he was doing within weeks of employing him. We also had a PRC who was barred by the Medical Board but came to Singapore and rose thru the ranks and became a full professor in NUS.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
This protest sign "Singapore for Singaporeans" is against PAP's 6.9M population, which will make Sinkies the minorities in their own country.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 70% have approved what the PAP are doing 6.9 m population target,maybe to 10.0 m also can,they have no idea,they will also accept.
They sinkees will not wake up unless they see their coffin.Remember ,No pity for sinkees.Never pity sinkees.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
People have poor memory. They probably thought the British built it for us.

Singaporeans are not complaining about construction workers, maids etc who fill a necessary void. They are complaining about open gate policy to any foreigner from right across the various vocations including management positions who either undercut their salary expectations to get jobs or who produce false and fraudulent when it comes to qualifications.

We had Venezuelan Prof for 8 years in A*Star and NUS who had tampered with his research work. The only reason he got caught was because he was foolish enough to apply for a job in the UK and his peers realised he had no clue what he was doing within weeks of employing him. We also had a PRC who was barred by the Medical Board but came to Singapore and rose thru the ranks and became a full professor in NUS.

How true!

I was in NTUC Supermarket in Bedok yesterday. It was do crowded and I thought that I was in China! I felt that maybe I was in the wrong country, and I left without buying anything!

I then went to somewhere more like Singapore and relax.

I have given up on the 70 per-cent and new feel happier enjoying my retirement with "no debt whatsoever, totally owned assets, enough cash to last a life-time, family not depending on anyone".

That's a life!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hey stupiak,dubai and UAE is built by millions of foreigners and slave labour,but they dont go about giving them citizenship all willy nilly and treating them like first class citizens do they?

what a bunch of hypocrites PAPpies,if u treasure the bangla so much why treat them like dirt,pay them $2 an hour wage and force them to live in zika infested shitholes?at the end of the day all PAP cares about is the profits,minimizing cost and maximizing price.the rest of us are just human digits.human numbers on a balance sheet to PAP.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Void? I would argue there is no void. It is supply and demand and price of services.

If the solution to the demand for a particular service that is deemed too expensive by society is to import dirt cheap almost slave labor from neighboring third world countries, then you open up Pandora's box.

Just insert any job/profession into the above "Particular service" and you have basically the attitude and culture of Singapore and Singaporeans.

It is precisely because no one complained about construction workers and maids being imported for dirt cheap prices that it spread to plumbers, carpenters, welders, car mechanics, electricians, handymen, general laborers, cleaners, security guards, porters, window cleaners, IT professionals, Administrative staff, librarians, teachers, nurses, clerks, legal assistants, engineers, doctors and lawyers.

You cannot have your cake and eat it.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singaporeans are against the white collar PMETs who don't bring in additional skills that Singaporeans don't have, but merely fill up job positions that could have been filled by locals, and also depress wages. No one in his right mind begrudges migrant workers or domestic workers.

There is also the issue of not planning for infrastructure development to accommodate such a rapid increase in population, such that the transport system becomes strained and prices across the board soar up. Who suffers? Not the multinational CEOs or the companies which exploit cheap labour. It is the common citizen who suffers and who does not reap the open door policy of liberal immigration and import of cheap PMET labour from abroad.

Tell me how many jobs these chaps have created for Singaporeans. It is been said that they create jobs for Singaporeans, but new jobs created get filled by even more PMETs from abroad.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yes these are the real chaps that Singaporeans are angry about. Nothing to do with migrant workers or even Malaysians working at eateries and in the service line. Singaporeans have never begrudged these chaps.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Void? I would argue there is no void. It is supply and demand and price of services.

If the solution to the demand for a particular service that is deemed too expensive by society is to import dirt cheap almost slave labor from neighboring third world countries, then you open up Pandora's box.

Just insert any job/profession into the above "Particular service" and you have basically the attitude and culture of Singapore and Singaporeans.

It is precisely because no one complained about construction workers and maids being imported for dirt cheap prices that it spread to plumbers, carpenters, welders, car mechanics, electricians, handymen, general laborers, cleaners, security guards, porters, window cleaners, IT professionals, Administrative staff, librarians, teachers, nurses, clerks, legal assistants, engineers, doctors and lawyers.

except for the PAPPIES!!their salaries only seem to get higher and higher.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Singaporeans are against the white collar PMETs who don't bring in additional skills that Singaporeans don't have, but merely fill up job positions that could have been filled by locals, and also depress wages. No one in his right mind begrudges migrant workers or domestic workers.

see my above post. Who decided that the wages that cleaners, and construction workers should be so dirt cheap that only migrant workers would be willing to work there?

And if so, they why shouldn't the same people who decided that also deem that other jobs be paid lower and lower and lower and lower and lower......

there is no end. Singaporeans don't understand this basic principle. If you are not willing to pay $100/hr for a plumber's service, then why? Who determined that ceiling of fee/wage? Who? Who is to say the same ideas cannot be applied to other jobs as well?

Seriously you guys have to have a paradigm shift. It is already happening in your own country. You just don't see it.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

There are two distinct classes of foreigners: Migrant workers who perform necessary work and whom Singaporeans don't begrudge, and foreign white collar PMETs who come in by the droves and depress wages without offering new skills. It is the latter that have caused underemployment amongst Singaporeans aged 35 and above. It is the gross mismanagement of the PMET intake that has riled Singaporeans.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
except for the PAPPIES!!their salaries only seem to get higher and higher.

Yes and as usual the easy answer is to BLAME SOMEBODY else.

Very nice. But it doesn't help the issue.

Anyway I am glad I left the stupid country and society.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
There are two distinct classes of foreigners: Migrant workers who perform necessary work and whom Singaporeans don't begrudge, and foreign white collar PMETs who come in by the droves and depress wages without offering new skills. It is the latter that have caused underemployment amongst Singaporeans aged 35 and above. It is the gross mismanagement of the PMET intake that has riled Singaporeans.

You don't realize that the migrant workers who came to perform "necessary work" actually depressed the wages of Singaporean workers who could perform the same work? Yeah you don't begrudge it cos it pays so little now and thus no one would want to do the work. But I bet it didn't start out that way. And do these migrant workers "add new skills"?

Well guess what, the same process is happening with the PMETs. You say they "don't add new skills". Well has it ever occurred to people that the foreign PMETs are not here to add new skills at all? They are just cheaper and can do the same job. Which company or employer would not want that? I can sincerely guarantee you that with time and effort the PMET salary will also fall. And your "necessary work" definition will broaden.

I give you a simple test case. Would you give up your maid and pay a part time cleaning service to come twice a week to clean the house for $50/hr? Instantly, there will be more Singaporeans employed. Earn a reasonable wage. Send home foreigners who suck away capital from the country overseas. Who's willing to do that? Or pay your plumber more? Electrician more? So that those guys from ITE will not feel it is the end? Cos they could earn reasonable wages as trades people just like trades people in other first world countries like Canada, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands etc do? Too expensive eh? Well you are not the only one with the same idea. All the employers in Singapore have the same idea too......because they are also Singaporeans and have the same culture.

Aiyah. Save my breath lah. You guys live in Singapore and that is the Singapore way of thinking. Good luck to the country.

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
U guys really on the wrong track! The reason for FT is they work for Low wages and don't kpkb! So that the bosses can enjoy max profits! U replace with old greying uncles/aunties who ask for more pay and the bosses will be thinking what the fcuk am I doing this for! Might as well sell the biz and play Golf!

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, Singapore is for the Familee, tbeir Cronies and FT. Locals can be considered Squatters, your maximum time of pigeon hole expires 99 yrs, even ur CPF does not belong to you, anymore. What is Spore for Sporean, rubbish?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today, Singapore is for the Familee, tbeir Cronies and FT. Locals can be considered Squatters, your maximum time of pigeon hole expires 99 yrs, even ur CPF does not belong to you, anymore. What is Spore for Sporean, rubbish?

yes, there's no such thing as sinkapore for sinkies. anyone who thinks there is such a national identity is delusional and in denial.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U guys really on the wrong track! The reason for FT is they work for Low wages and don't kpkb! So that the bosses can enjoy max profits! U replace with old greying uncles/aunties who ask for more pay and the bosses will be thinking what the fcuk am I doing this for! Might as well sell the biz and play Golf!

The low wage wp ft kpkb by burning and tossing vehicles. By letting their employers drink sperm and urine soup . The 's pass kpkb by genging in office.
But due to low wage the employer just bear with it since business can still continue.