• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Another new town?? Why do we need Tengah unless pop hit 10m!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is still plenty the PAP can do if they want to house a growing population. The trouble is they are looking at solutions which inconvenience the "lesser mortals" and cost nothing to the elites.

Some of the things they can consider is to redevelop the Istana, think of all that wasted space that was monopolized by the old fart & the Gecko. Oh forgot about the Prataman. Now that they are gone can convert it to some kind of HDB project.

How about getting rid of all the golf courses? Get rid of them & many civil servants will have less distractions & more time for work.
Then they can force those living on large landed property to downsize & redevelop the space to smaller plots. Limit people to owning 3 or fewer properties. This will stop the rich on speculating on property.

All this will never happen because it would inconvenience the minority, the wealthy & powerful of Spore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Luckily I'm no longer in the active workforce and so, all these issues don't matter to me. Every month, I'm still living on surplus from my passive incomes.

I'm also permanently retired & trying to decide how to spend my $. However even if I am not affected, I still feel sorry for the next generation.

I am angry with the older generation for giving LKY too much power to set up his self-serving dynasty. Now that I have the power to vote, I'm trying to do my part in correcting their mistake:smile:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm also permanently retired & trying to decide how to spend my $. However even if I am not affected, I still feel sorry for the next generation.

I am angry with the older generation for giving LKY too much power to set up his self-serving dynasty. Now that I have the power to vote, I'm trying to do my part in correcting their mistake:smile:
Just signed up at the recently ended Travel Revolution Fair for an S$11k tour for 2 to see Northern Lights in December.

Frankly, if the opposition parties had ruled Sinkie Land earlier, would it be any better than today? I doubt so. Just look at how the WP has messed up the accounts of their town council's management and still denying it till today....... Even their Chen Show Mao has decided to call it a day. Every Sinkie is the same, they will want to hold on to power indefinitely just for themselves, LTK and CST aren't exempted either.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just signed up at the recently ended Travel Revolution Fair for an S$11k tour for 2 to see Northern Lights in December.

Frankly, if the opposition parties had ruled Sinkie Land earlier, would it be any better than today? I doubt so. Just look at how the WP has messed up the accounts of their town council's management and still denying it till today....... Even their Chen Show Mao has decided to call it a day. Every Sinkie is the same, they will want to hold on to power indefinitely just for themselves, LTK and CST aren't exempted either.

You're a fucking moron if you believed WP messed up their accounts.
Buy more travel insurance you might just die of stupidity during your holiday

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're a fucking moron if you believed WP messed up their accounts.
Buy more travel insurance you might just die of stupidity during your holiday
Don't worry, I never believe in all this shit about karma, retribution, etc. Otherwise, I won't be here now. You idiot. Fungkulo, Parcodio, Putana Madonna, Sushabigu, Pokatroya.

You selfish bastard, I can still remember since the beginning, you are always advocating to ban all bicyclists from our roads. You think Sinkie Land is your grandfather's ah?

Read my signature below properly again.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you let someone stay in power for 50 years of course he/she will eventually abuse their power. Here we are talking about a cunning & sly LKY, an opportunist who married to an equally dishonest & materialistic lawyer.

Ho Ching & LHL are just continuing with the family tradition.

What Spore needed but did not get was an honest gov't. I'm sure that initially honest PAP politicians did exist but with a leader like LKY they didn't last.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tengah development is not a last minute decision. It has been in the URA Master Plan for many years. It is clear that the government is 'redeveloping' the West region as an enviable place to live, work and play starting with the JLD, the LGD, JLG, the West Innovation center. They have looked into the infrastructure and the networks (EWL, JRL, DTL) to support the development. But the crux of the matter other than the hardware is the people. The best alternative is for the people to be located close to the businesses, entertainment and F&B. So, Tengah is planned in as another new town to Jurong East and West to bring people closer to the developments in the West.

As you look into the future ( 5 to 10 years out ), it all makes sense as you will see 2 key business districts in Singapore; one that is centrally located in downtown South ( CBD ) and the other is located in Jurong Lake (JLBD). Each has its own distinctives and cluster of supporting infrastructure and people support.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As you look into the future ( 5 to 10 years out ), it all makes sense as you will see 2 key business districts in Singapore; one that is centrally located in downtown South ( CBD ) and the other is located in Jurong Lake (JLBD). Each has its own distinctives and cluster of supporting infrastructure and people support.

how about the other key business district dear to sinkie uncles with cpf cash and foreign trash with paycheck to spend - chicken clusters in little india and geylang on the east? any plans to bulldoze those 2 areas and turn them into new towns of hedonism and pleasure?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sponsored by PAP?

WP messed up their accounts? You are definitely clueless. If you take every word from the PAP Press as bible truth, then you are a typical sinkee. When the PAP called the Auditor General to audit the accounts of WP TC, they came out with NOTHING. PWC forensic expert brought in and found nothing. But you think PWC can justify their fees without smearing WP TC? So the two PWC partners came up with opinions of potential lapses and weakness in their report. Bring in another accountant, the opinion would differ. If WP TC had lots of money to spend, they could have sought another opinion to dispute the findings. But the PAP has all our money, not the WP TC.

PAP TC were made to look inefficient by the WP TC. WP TC wanted to transfer all the grants to sinking fund but PAP didn't allow it. Why? Because PAP TCs would then looked like they were overspending for services.

Don't worry, someday, the PAP skeletons will be exposed and I hope that the current PAP elites will be still alive to face the music.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tengah development is not a last minute decision. It has been in the URA Master Plan for many years.

No one disputes it's part of a plan. Together with bukit brown, woodleigh and others, we can see clearly what was meant to be far into the future is being pushed forward to the present. If not for the 10m, then for what? It's incredibly irresponsible thing to do.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one disputes it's part of a plan. Together with bukit brown, woodleigh and others, we can see clearly what was meant to be far into the future is being pushed forward to the present. If not for the 10m, then for what? It's incredibly irresponsible thing to do.

The Master Plan is to cover every blade of grass so Sinkiepore is just one big estate! Pop 10m and counting. Indigenous local born Sinkies at 3m (half over 50 yrs+)

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Master Plan is to cover every blade of grass so Sinkiepore is just one big estate! Pop 10m and counting. Indigenous local born Sinkies at 3m (half over 50 yrs+)

master plan is designed by master landlord. who owns and leases most land and spaces in sg? more peeps more quids. it's that easy peasy to understand. so silly to analyze-paralyze here until cows cum home.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sponsored by PAP?

Aw...come on, you are undermining my financial capability. This amount of S$11k plus probably another S$3k for spending money are just peanuts for me. I would have demanded more from the PAP if they do provide such sponsorship. Probably you have done this before, can you tell me how to apply ah?

WP messed up their accounts? You are definitely clueless.
If you have better evidence (from any reliable sources), do quote them here. Otherwise, you're just administering what you are thinking, which of course, pleases you to the maximum and as you wish to be.

When the PAP called the Auditor General to audit the accounts of WP TC, they came out with NOTHING.

PAP TC were made to look inefficient by the WP TC. WP TC wanted to transfer all the grants to sinking fund but PAP didn't allow it. Why? Because PAP TCs would then looked like they were overspending for services.
I don't know how did you come to this consensus? Unless you simply just want to pacify yourself, from what I have read:

There were other instances of non-compliance with the Town Councils Act, involving the wrong use of money in sinking fund bank accounts.

"AHPETC did not transfer monies as required to the sinking fund bank accounts and did not manage its sinking funds properly. This included not transferring conservancy and service fees and grants allocated to sinking funds... accurately and promptly for the FY 2012/13."

A town council is required by law to have a sinking fund which it can draw on for the improvement and long-term maintenance of properties it has charge of.

The AGO said the AHPETC did not comply with the Town Councils Financial Rules.

It did not transfer a total of $7.9 million to its sinking fund for the last three quarters of the financial year 2011/12, until it was queried by the AGO.

The following year, it did not transfer funds amounting to about $4 million to its sinking fund on time or in full. In most instances, the transfers were made only after auditors' queries.

The AHPETC also wrongly used or transferred money to the sinking fund, the AGO said.

For example, it paid for a Housing Board-approved upgrading programme with money from the sinking fund, instead of the operating fund as was the right way.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ailed-to-comply-with-sinking-fund-requirement

Ok, you'll say that I still believe every word from the local press. But all these had been made public by the press and did the WP rebukes each and every one of them? No..... If you are still so ever confident, prove yourself otherwise here, even if it's just from any other reliable sources will do, but not from some coffee shop talk please. And if you are able to do so, I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

I know those Opposition supporters will fight tooth and nail over every wrong doing that their party had done and refuse to acknowledge what is rightful. This is just plainly deceiving oneself. The PAP is no saint either. They do commit mistakes like using TC funds to invest in Lehman Brothers, but at least they own up to it and pledge never to repeat again.

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What a laugh! Just because the ruling party said so and the compliant press reported it on a daily basis, it does not mean that the WP really messed up their accounts. if things are so bad, they would have been charged tried and sentenced by now. More importantly the court of public opinion ruled that the PAP was on a witch hunt to discredit the WP like they always do. And of course the WP is still denying till this day because they didnt really mess up in the way the PAP has painted. Chen Show Mao himself has just set the record straight about his end of term as Treasurer. We will never know how an opposition party such as the WP will perform as the government simply because the PAP wont allow it, by all means fair and foul. So let us be fair here. As for holding on to power indefinitely, PAP ranks as high if not higher as the WP of North Korea!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro you are a wise man and you do have a heart! Thank you.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a laugh! Just because the ruling party said so and the compliant press reported it on a daily basis, it does not mean that the WP really messed up their accounts. if things are so bad, they would have been charged tried and sentenced by now. More importantly the court of public opinion ruled that the PAP was on a witch hunt to discredit the WP like they always do. And of course the WP is still denying till this day because they didnt really mess up in the way the PAP has painted. Chen Show Mao himself has just set the record straight about his end of term as Treasurer. We will never know how an opposition party such as the WP will perform as the government simply because the PAP wont allow it, by all means fair and foul. So let us be fair here. As for holding on to power indefinitely, PAP ranks as high if not higher as the WP of North Korea!
There is no charges involved because it is not a CBT case and never did I say it is. You can have your believe and I can have mine. No point contesting on this. Why don't you tell me why WP hasn't rebuke all those that had been implicated by the AG report? Until then, I won't be convinced and I wonder how could you as well unless you have a hidden agenda to it?

Even if what you said about the witch hunt is true, then all the more the WP should have been more alert and on their guard so as not to let the PAP take its advantage. Why didn't they? I can agree that those issues like unauthorized operating of trade fairs and the non-cleaning of the hawker centres are minor, but funds handled by TC must be well administered. It's not that this is the first time the WP is handling such matters. They had been the caretaker for Hougang for so many years already. Also, when Potong Pasir was still under CST, I don't really see much interference by the PAP, apart from the HDB upgrading entitlement, which I do admit it's a bit unfair, but which majority ruled party won't do the same?

If you believe that an Opposition can do a better job, by all means, vote for them. Nobody's stopping you. Also, it doesn't mean a constant change of governance is always good for the country. Just take a look at Japan today for yourself. I'm not saying that the PAP is eternally good, but is there a worthy Opposition in Sinkie Land, when they can't even unite among themselves when it comes to election time.

If I were to hate this current regime so much, I'd rather take my CPF and emigrate for good. Otherwise, why do I want to live in constant agony and misery everyday and hoping for an Opposition to take over the governance, which is no guarantee that it will be better also. After all, apart from those taxes paid, I don't think any Sinkie would have contributed vastly for the country.

Go and reside in other countries for some periods to make fair comparisons. Other countries don't have similar problems like high living costs (particularly for their own citizens), racial discrimination, local housing and transportation problems? I don't think so. Every Asian countries which I have stayed and/or visited, their local residents have mostly complained of forever rising living and housing costs, no matter from Hongkong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, Bangkok, Malaysia, Philippines, Jakarta, etc.

I have already said what I want to say. For those who believe that an Opposition can still do a better job than presently, by all means, vote for them at the next GE or BE. You are given a choice.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The government has already approved the white paper on population growth. That is already a given . No point debating it.

What is not a given is how they are going to generate enough jobs and provide the infrastructure to support the population growth. Ultimately the reason for the population growth which comes from a combination of foreign intake and local population, is to ensure that our economy continues to grow in the next 25 years.

Trust me they have studied all the global cities in the world to come to the conclusion for the white paper on population growth for a city like Singapore. Nothing is left to chance . You will see it clearer from the announcement on infrastructure and township in the coming years.