• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Jack Neo's Daughter Gets Married In Church! Good Christian Girl!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It was a bittersweet day for Jack Neo.

The local film-maker experienced a mixed bag of emotions when he walked his daughter, Ethel, 25, down the aisle yesterday.

He was over the moon, yet he could not shake off the sense of sadness.

"Different feelings and memories came flooding back when we were doing the slow march into the church sanctuary," the 56-year-oldtold The New Paper on Sunday over the phone.

"I didn't expect this day would come so soon."

np_20160911_jsjack11-1e0_1380929.jpg

HAPPY DAY: (Clockwise from left) Jack Neo, his son-in-law, Peter Lau, his daughter, Ethel and his wife, Irene. PHOTO: FACEBOOK/JACKNEONCK
The ceremony was held at Bedok Methodist Church.

Neo has three other children, sons aged 22, 17 and 12.

He admitted that it was initially hard to accept that his only girl is now a married woman.

He said: "It was the part of the (wedding) ceremony where I had to hand her over to the pastor, that really hit me hard.

"Reality finally sank in when they were pronounced 'man and wife' and she was introduced as Mrs Lau.

"She is no longer Miss Neo... She is not mine any more."

np_20160911_jsjack11-zy2_1380930.jpg

PHOTO: FACEBOOK/JACKNEONCK
Neo said the days leading up to the wedding were rough as he was overwhelmed by emotions.

His wife, Irene, is handling the emotion better than him, he said while laughing.

Neo said: "Maybe it is because talks about marriage have been going on for years.

"When a video of her growing up - from baby to adulthood - was screened, it was a test of self-control.

"I called the video, A Movie: 25 Years In The Making."

In his thank-you speech, Mr Peter Lau, 31, told Neo: "I grew up watching (the long-running variety show) Gao Xiao Xing Dong (Comedy Nite), Liang Popo and Liang Ximei... and I can't believe that you are now my father-in-law."

Neo said the couple had agreed to wait for Ethel to get some working experience before exchanging vows.She has her own online business, while the groom is a training manager at Golden Village.

They will be having their wedding dinner in December.

Neo is thankful that his son-in-law is someone he can entrust Ethel to.

"They have been dating for seven years, so we knew very well what kind of person he is," he said.

'TRUST'

"He is my daughter's first and only boyfriend. I trust her judgment.

"(Peter) has also shown to us that he truly loves my daughter and is one who will look after her well."

While he feels that his daughter is still young, the Neos did encourage her to settle down early.

"I married Irene when she was 25. I was 31, like Peter."

The next milestone Neo is anticipating will be his first grandchild.

"I have been a father for so many years, it is time to get promoted. My wife gave birth to Ethel when she was 26, so Ethel can follow her mum's example too," he said.

He added that it is good to start a family while they are young, especially if they want to have a few children.

"There are several government incentives now, they might as well make full use of them," he added, laughing.

"Don't be like me... I am 56, and I still have to worry about PSLE."

While Ethel may no longer be Miss Neo, Neo is happy that she is not leaving the nest yet.

The newlyweds will live with the Neos until renovations at their own home is completed by year end.

"I can still see her every night at home," said Neo.

"So nothing has changed... yet," he said, laughing.

"Reality finally sank in when they were pronounced ‘man and wife’ and she was introduced as Mrs Lau. She is no longer Miss Neo... She is not mine any more."

— Jack Neo on his daughter, Ethel

- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/jack-neos-daughter-gets-married#sthash.lYUNSW8E.dpuf

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I congratulate Jack Neo for his daughter marriage. Not easy to hand over her daughter to her husband. But this is all part of life. The good thing is that he can now look forward to having his grand children.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I congratulate Jack Neo for his daughter marriage. Not easy to hand over her daughter to her husband. But this is all part of life. The good thing is that he can now look forward to having his grand children.

I find the traditional handing over of daughters is simply nonsense. Why does a father need to handover his sweet darling to other man's family ? Even they produce grand children but they will also belong to the other man's family.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I find the traditional handing over of daughters is simply nonsense. Why does a father need to handover his sweet darling to other man's family ? Even they produce grand children but they will also belong to the other man's family.

For my daughter, I want the guy to adopt my family name 'Tan'. In this case, I would pay his family a sum of money for 'handing over' their son to me.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
For my daughter, I want the guy to adopt my family name 'Tan'. In this case, I would pay his family a sum of money for 'handing over' their son to me.
You cannot own another person. Even your children and wife are all independents.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi sir, in this era ,i think it is no longer possible for the guy to adopt your family name even with money thrown in. Maybe yes if the guy is from a 3rd world cuntry. But it is still possible to fully own your daughter by letting the guy stay in your house. 1 of my acquaintance did that after he married a rich gal.
If you cannot accept the above arrangement, you have only limited options.

1. The guy originally also has surname "Tan" can solve this problem.
2. Educated your daughter to remain a single till your demise. Or even remain as a spinster.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yang Yin will do anything for the money including adopting your family name. He will make a good son in law.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
傻屄耶稣picked 911 anniversary for wedding is it? Sure tragedy lah. KNN Moron Neo!

Yes only a moron or someone idea of sick joke would want their wedding anniversary to be same date as such a day.
It's not pantang or what but choose another day la.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi sir, in this era ,i think it is no longer possible for the guy to adopt your family name even with money thrown in. Maybe yes if the guy is from a 3rd world cuntry. But it is still possible to fully own your daughter by letting the guy stay in your house. 1 of my acquaintance did that after he married a rich gal.
If you cannot accept the above arrangement, you have only limited options.

1. The guy originally also has surname "Tan" can solve this problem.
2. Educated your daughter to remain a single till your demise. Or even remain as a spinster.

I wouldn't mind if my daughter adopted the family name from one of Singapore's leading families such as Lee, Kwa, Wong, Teo.

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's last chance to hold her daughter's slim waist. After that, the son-in-law will make the daughter's waist expand and collapse into post-pregnancy stretch marks.