• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious New MOE commercial: Grades don't matter, woh. No need study so hard

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What rubbish video is this? If my kids got that sort of grades, they wouldn't be eligible to study in the top elite schools today, where their schools get the most generous budget funding and best teachers.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What rubbish video is this? If my kids got that sort of grades, they wouldn't be eligible to study in the top elite schools today, where their schools get the most generous budget funding and best teachers.

Excuse me, this video is paid for and approved by MOE. U don't anyhow say that PAP video is rubbish, ok?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess there are some reasons MOE came up with the video:

1. There are not enough jobs for bachelor and master's degree holders.

2. The pie is shrinking if there are too many scholars in the civil service or GLCs --> the current crop of people are not ready to retire because of longer life expectancies and the costs of living are increasing. Do you think Buy-High-Sell-Low will retire at age 62, 65 or 67?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I guess there are some reasons MOE came up with the video:

1. There are not enough jobs for bachelor and master's degree holders.

From what I understood, A*Star already slashed their research funding, i.e. the current budget could be easily 50% of what was disbursed a decade ago. Do we need so many researchers?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
daft sinkies r now brainwashed dat mediocre performans is totally acceptable ...

sinkies shud accept gahmenz mediocre performans as sexcellent ...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
sinkies shud accept gahmenz mediocre performans as sexcellent ...

On the contrary, it's more like showing the daft Sinkies what the world truly is: it's who you know, not what you know, that's important.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all seriousness i think it is correct. Grades correlate with a conscientious personality but that may not translate to effectiveness at all forms of work. Brightkid is correct. This message is meant for peasants only. If you not top student or not too smart, faster change strategy dun stubbornly go mug for grades end up no As go harakiri. For top talents in many fields, grades always matter.

jw5

Loyal
This is to cater to the not-so-book-smart children of the current elites and aristocrats. :biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I understood, A*Star already slashed their research funding, i.e. the current budget could be easily 50% of what was disbursed a decade ago. Do we need so many researchers?

Even with tons of money, Peasants stock won't be able to do anything great except kowtow to PAP bulls hit.

Peasant can't think.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to puke at that article. Sinkieland has the best education system in the world? Oh really? Yah, one that produces 70% daft & humji sinkies all year round, LOL!

Please lah, the whole system is crumbling with so many students committing suicide and seeking psychological help. It's gone haywire and they are trying desperately to hide their failures behind a few commercials. Only daft & humji sinkies will fall for it.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I want to puke at that article. Sinkieland has the best education system in the world? Oh really? Yah, one that produces 70% daft & humji sinkies all year round, LOL!

Please lah, the whole system is crumbling with so many students committing suicide and seeking psychological help. It's gone haywire and they are trying desperately to hide their failures behind a few commercials. Only daft & humji sinkies will fall for it.

I agree with you. My kids are in the best schools, but yet I still have to fork out thousands of dollars each year for their private tuition fees. My kids tell me that vast majority of their classmates have tuition too.

If our system was that good, why is there a need for private tuition?

I hope my kids get some expensive PSC scholarship. That would help me recoup my investment into their tuition all these years.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Grades don't matter when sg inc prepares sinkies to be servants and maids of rich foreigners living here and other jobs go to foreigners.