• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Those doing NS can now choose from 33 vocations, Airport Patrol one of them. hahahaha

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=1]NS pre-enlistees can pick from 33 vocations[/h] 1 of 3

dummy.gif
The SAF's armour, SCDF's fire and rescue, and police's airport patrol and dog handling (above) are among the 33 vocations. SPH FILE PHOTO

Those enlisting in November next year will be the first who can indicate their preferences

Fabian Koh

Young men starting national service in November next year will be able to choose from 33 vocations across the Singapore Armed Forces, police and civil defence. Only the commando and naval diving units, whose requirements are more stringent, can't be picked.
More details on this were released yesterday after Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen announced in July that the interests of new enlistees will be considered in assigning NS vocations, alongside factors such as physical fitness, suitability to perform tasks and operational needs.
The 33 available vocations, from armour and fire and rescue to dog handling, will be grouped into seven categories.

Pre-enlistees, who cannot choose whether they go into the SAF, police or the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), have to pick at least two choices from each category, or 14 choices in all. They may also indicate that they have no specific interest.
Full-time national servicemen (NSFs) enlisting in November next year will be the first to indicate their vocation preferences.

• [h=3]Available options[/h]
  • Singapore Armed Forces
    •Air defence
    •Armour
    •Artillery
    •Combat engineers
    •Guards
    •Infantry
    •Intelligence
    •Island defence
    •Logistics
    •Maintenance
    •Medical
    •Military police
    •Naval operations
    •Signals
    •Transport
    Singapore Civil Defence Force
    •Fire and rescue
    •Infocomm
    •Logistics
    •Maintenance
    •Medical
    •Provost
    •Special rescue
    •Transport
    Singapore Police Force
    •Airport patrol
    •Command, control and communications (C3) operations
    •Community engagement
    •Dog handling
    •Neighbourhood policing
    •Police coast guard
    •Police tactical troop
    •Protective security
    •Public transport security
    •Training

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: Those doing NS can now choose from 33 vocations, Airport Patrol one of them. haha

KNNBCCB!

Why no option for science researcher?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Those doing NS can now choose from 33 vocations, Airport Patrol one of them. haha

Where to tick for chow private GD Man?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Which one is sit or drive mata chia bully kichi and lim kopi option ?
Airport klkk also not bad but mata chia betterest

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I would like my son to be a commissioned officer.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I could choose all over again, I would take those vocation that allow me to stay out.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

No option for Japanese Translator either or Comfort Women
I don't understand you. How can NS conscripts choose to become "Comfort Women"? Aren't the NS slaves all males?

jw5

Loyal

KNNBCCB!

Why no option for science researcher?

That one is not for the peasants, only for the aristocrats. :biggrin:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

[h=1]NS pre-enlistees can pick from 33 vocations[/h] 1 of 3

dummy.gif
The SAF's armour, SCDF's fire and rescue, and police's airport patrol and dog handling (above) are among the 33 vocations. SPH FILE PHOTO

Those enlisting in November next year will be the first who can indicate their preferences

Fabian Koh

Young men starting national service in November next year will be able to choose from 33 vocations across the Singapore Armed Forces, police and civil defence. Only the commando and naval diving units, whose requirements are more stringent, can't be picked.
More details on this were released yesterday after Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen announced in July that the interests of new enlistees will be considered in assigning NS vocations, alongside factors such as physical fitness, suitability to perform tasks and operational needs.
The 33 available vocations, from armour and fire and rescue to dog handling, will be grouped into seven categories.

Pre-enlistees, who cannot choose whether they go into the SAF, police or the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), have to pick at least two choices from each category, or 14 choices in all. They may also indicate that they have no specific interest.
Full-time national servicemen (NSFs) enlisting in November next year will be the first to indicate their vocation preferences.

• [h=3]Available options[/h]
  • Singapore Armed Forces
    •Air defence
    •Armour
    •Artillery
    •Combat engineers
    •Guards
    •Infantry
    •Intelligence
    •Island defence
    •Logistics
    •Maintenance
    •Medical
    •Military police
    •Naval operations
    •Signals
    •Transport
    Singapore Civil Defence Force
    •Fire and rescue
    •Infocomm
    •Logistics
    •Maintenance
    •Medical
    •Provost
    •Special rescue
    •Transport
    Singapore Police Force
    •Airport patrol
    •Command, control and communications (C3) operations
    •Community engagement
    •Dog handling
    •Neighbourhood policing
    •Police coast guard
    •Police tactical troop
    •Protective security
    •Public transport security
    •Training

why isnt White Horse on the list? Or Chao Keng?

marmiparmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I am a young man again I will choose to be in the amour! Can fire big guns on the tank. Also got free trip to Europe!

Shiok!

marmiparmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ninama my old man got a PADI dive badge what so special about naval diving unit?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'd rather remain a civilian & get on with my life. It's time to review the need for NS. If the opposition promises to do something about NS I'm certain they will get plenty of support from the "lesser mortals"

I'm sure many parents are unhappy about supporting their male children so that the PAP has free labor for 2 years:rolleyes:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'd rather remain a civilian & get on with my life. It's time to review the need for NS. If the opposition promises to do something about NS I'm certain they will get plenty of support from the "lesser mortals"

I'm sure many parents are unhappy about supporting their male children so that the PAP has free labor for 2 years:rolleyes:

no lots of idiots still says boys to the slavery years. Ask people like the 70%

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The Yazidis in Iraq also rather remain civilians. That seemed good until ISIS came along, slaughtered them and took their women as sex slaves.

Now, the Yazidi survivors are implementing their own form of NS.

Sinkies who curse and swear about NS and want it scrapped are morons. Any sinkie politician who wants to scrap or reduce NS in a huge way will lose my support by default regardless his stand on other issues. Don't fuck around with our security. I am one of those who believe that only guns can keep the peace.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Yazidis in Iraq also rather remain civilians. That seemed good until ISIS came along, slaughtered them and took their women as sex slaves.

Now, the Yazidi survivors are implementing their own form of NS.

Sinkies who curse and swear about NS and want it scrapped are morons. Any sinkie politician who wants to scrap or reduce NS in a huge way will lose my support by default regardless his stand on other issues. Don't fuck around with our security. I am one of those who believe that only guns can keep the peace.

Fortunately our neighbours are not ISIS.

If some country decides to invade Spore, what will Sporeans lose? Most Sporean don't even own their HDB flat.

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fortunately our neighbours are not ISIS.

If some country decides to invade Spore, what will Sporeans lose? Most Sporean don't even own their HDB flat.

You are right, sinkies only lease 99 years.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are right, sinkies only lease 99 years.

If we are invaded I bet that the 1st ones to run road will be the elites. The elites will of course want the "lesser mortals" to fight on, to protect their expensive property.

However many Sporeans have been brain washed into following orders from above. If we are invaded they will simply follow the orders of a new regime. So for the "lesser mortals" is it really important as to who is giving the orders ? Why risk their lives needlessly?

If the new regime is smart they can win the support of local Sporeans by simply extending HDB ownership to 999 years :wink:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am one of those who believe that only guns can keep the peace.

I am too! That's why I advocate for the merger of Singapore with USA. We can get bigger guns, bigger warplanes, bigger aircraft carriers and bigger warships while at the same time doing away with national slavery once and for all. Killing two birds with one stone!