• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat CPF changes coming

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know that the PAP is going to make changes to the CPF when such articles appear in the PAP press ...

Bankrupt pension systems a modern crisis
Tom Pu Chih Hsieh

The bankruptcy of public pension funds is an issue worldwide.

According to a recent study conducted by Allianz, pension systems in most Asian countries are "fragile and unstable".

Hong Kong and Singapore are the only counties in Asia to rank within the top 20 nations worldwide for pension sustainability.

Western countries face the same problem. The world's 20 richest nations are facing US$78 trillion (S$106 trillion) in combined pension liabilities.

In Germany, France, Italy, England, Portugal and Spain, pension fund liabilities amount to more than three times each country's national gross domestic product (GDP).

In Taiwan, the pension issue is particularly severe.

Civil servants have taken to the streets to protest against the government's plan to cut their benefits, while a smear campaign accuses them of causing the pension system's woes in the first place. It is unusual for teachers, soldiers and public servants - usually seen as some of the most stabilising forces in society - to take to the streets and protest against their own government.

Of course, it is not fair to make civil servants the scapegoats for the system's impending bankruptcy.

After all, the system was designed by the government. But it is also hard to neglect the fact that, in Taiwan, the average monthly pension for civil servants is at least three to four times higher than that of those in the private sector.

Not to mention that funds for civil servant pensions are derived mainly from taxes paid by companies and non-public sector workers.

It is similarly difficult to overlook the depravity of a system that allows a retired civil servant to receive a pension three to four times higher than the salary of a hard-working young person.

These factors have sown discord among the populace.

They also make it hard for ordinary workers to lend a sympathetic ear to the retired civil servants asking the government to bail out their pensions.

If the government follows the doctrine of legitimate expectation and pays retired civil servants what they have demanded, it will crowd out government funding for other social welfare projects.

After all, it is not only the pension system for civil servants that is facing bankruptcy.

Dissatisfaction is a natural response from ordinary workers and has allowed the call for cuts to civil servant pension funds to go viral. It has caused disputes between civil servants and non-public sector workers. The threat of social disorder is growing stronger.

Two major factors threaten pension systems worldwide: reduced birth rates and the widening gap between the rich and the poor arising from economic liberalisation.

Pension systems require contributions from the workforce to function. If more retired people receive pension payouts and fewer working people contribute to the fund, the system is doomed to fail - unless the government steps in. This is already happening in developed countries.

Baby boomers are now at retirement age but find their pensions shrinking because fewer people are contributing to the pool - a consequence of the reduced birth rate. Baby boomers, especially civil servants, are asking the government to allocate taxpayer funds to the pool to fulfil past promises. It is estimated that Taiwan's pension system for civil servants will be depleted in 10 years if no drastic changes are made to the current system.

Some younger civil servants even said they would stop contributing money to the retirement fund, as its imminent bankruptcy means there is little incentive for them to contribute.

Another phenomenon in capitalist counties is growing wealth inequality.

In recent years, almost 90 per cent of global wealth has been concentrated in the hands of 10 per cent of the population in the name of economic liberalisation.

Although there seems to be a big difference between the economic situations of civil servants and non-public sector workers, actually, in relative terms, both groups belong to the new poor.

A responsible government should never teach one poor group to hate another poor community by identifying the latter as a scapegoat.

Irresponsible politicians might seek to divert the public's attention from their inability to manage the country's finances by creating social conflict, but they will ultimately face the consequences of tearing the country apart.

Taiwan's government is preparing to make laws to alter its income replacement ratio, which is currently the highest on earth. A retired civil servant in Taiwan usually gets more than 100 per cent; in most countries, the ratio usually ranges between 50 per cent and 70 per cent.

Other methods for pension reform are also up for discussion, such as delaying pension fund payouts until retirees reach a certain age, providing lower payouts to retirees and mandating higher monthly contributions from working people.

Besides encouraging systematic reforms to pension funds themselves, a good government should always try to revive the economy and encourage the rich to reinvest their profits in the country.

By creating investment opportunities and urging entrepreneurs to be more aware of their social responsibilities, the gap between the rich and the poor can be narrowed and the government can secure more funding to salvage the pension system.
- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/bankrupt-pension-systems-modern-crisis#sthash.ogDdJDhN.dpuf

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The columnist didn't look at sustainable pension plan like those in Canada and the Scandinavian countries.

Why sinkapore cannot copy those sustainable models? Because the CPF is used to support the lifestyle of the PAP.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The columnist didn't look at sustainable pension plan like those in Canada and the Scandinavian countries.

Why sinkapore cannot copy those sustainable models? Because the CPF is used to support the lifestyle of the PAP.

CPF is the Familee's and their Cronies Goldmine for the past 51 yrs, its a fact.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
better renounce and get all your cpf out while you still can. like i've said many times, there's no point holding on to the sinkie passport. if a tiong mei mei or ah neh from india can easily hold one why would you? the sinkie identity is nothing but an overused toilet in a transit stop. :wink:

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pension is unsustainable. Especially pensions for retired Ministers and civil servants paid way above world average.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CPF is the Familee's and their Cronies Goldmine for the past 51 yrs, its a fact.

agreed,cpf is PAP's goldmine,if any country ran CPF like SIngapore does,there will be no budget deficits and billions of surplus every year.imagine 36 percent income tax every year straight right out of ur paycheck and locked up for 40 years and invested with 3.5 percent interest shaved right off the top every year.on top of that u pay for ur own housing,healthcare and retirement,plus singapore's low welfare expenditure of less than 2 percent gdp.the government be like everyday im hustlin' and im rich biatch!!!!!

every government will look like the best in the world,from third world to first.singapore a population of 3 million daft and stupid coolies willing to work their ass off to please their masters and hand over 1/3 of their paycheck.......jesus i would look like a genius like LKY too if i had a country full of willing slaves handing over 1/3rd of their hard earned income for my pleasure.

36 percent income tax right off the top man,any other country would be rioting,especially if they have to pick cardboard for exercise.singaporeans be overpaying for everything,healthcare,food,transport,utilities and a good for nothing government.

if i was a smart sinkie i would vote with my dollar,buy a island somewhere in northern europe near the scandinavian countries and start a new singapore without these blood sucking leeches.

when i become a billionaire im going to start a indiegogogo crowdfunding campagin for sinkies to donate 15 million dollars to buy a island and another 1 billion dollars for construction.start small,a city of 100,000 sinkies then slowly as the economy expand we start to build more.but we must never exceed the optimal population to land ratio which should be like melbourne.4 million people over 9900 sqkm.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
better renounce and get all your cpf out while you still can. like i've said many times, there's no point holding on to the sinkie passport. if a tiong mei mei or ah neh from india can easily hold one why would you? the sinkie identity is nothing but an overused toilet in a transit stop. :wink:

I should have seen the signs long ago when an incompetent Indian was given citizenship (kudos to him for being farsighted) and who used it merely to get places on a Singapore passport as Indians needed visas everywhere. As you say, the Singapore passport is being degraded. The day will come when we will need visas in more places. If more countries realize that an Indian citizen must have a visa, why should a new Singaporean who was an Indian yesterday not need one.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore a population of 3 million daft and stupid coolies willing to work their ass off to please their masters and hand over 1/3 of their paycheck.......jesus i would look like a genius like LKY too if i had a country full of willing slaves handing over 1/3rd of their hard earned income for my pleasure.

FYI, besides handing over 1/3 of their paycheck, got many further self hand over another 5% of the remaining 2/3, and further volunteer to handover another 10to20% to sales people selling ponzi insurance that has no expiry date :eek: how much they left with after working their ass off :confused:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best part is after forcing all to contribute about 35% of salary every month, they through their monopoly, sells sinkie pigeon holes at out of the world prices as well force sell MedishieldLife. So eventually most, if not all of everyone's 35% legally become theirs!

And yet the sheets still put them there every 5 years. Amazing country.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The CPF is bankrupt.Why are we taxpayers paying for the expensive pension of ministers and top senior servants ?
In other countries,there will protests in the streets.But alas sinkees are just too timid.So we become slaves to the
MIW in our motherland.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I should have seen the signs long ago when an incompetent Indian was given citizenship (kudos to him for being farsighted) and who used it merely to get places on a Singapore passport as Indians needed visas everywhere. As you say, the Singapore passport is being degraded. The day will come when we will need visas in more places. If more countries realize that an Indian citizen must have a visa, why should a new Singaporean who was an Indian yesterday not need one.

wherever there's a loophole astute cheaters will find it. heck, they don't even need to be astute, just desperate enough will do. every illegal mexican and south-central american knows the 14th amendment better than an american. they understand it before an american student learns it in high school. the sinkie system is like swiss cheese - delicious with holes. :p

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it was run transparently and properly, CPF should be in principle fiscally independent, envy of every other government having to fund a pension system. Pensions do not work because it is fiscally draining while provident funds do not provide enough for the majority to retire with stable income till bye bye. The compromise that was recognized 20 years ago when the pension crisis was officially recognized was a hybrid pension-cum-provident system that included private sector investment schemes as a 3rd leg. Problem here is the fear the CPF has been gambled away so badly that even if fiscal injection was done, it would still not make it. And fiscal-wise, there is a high chance it has also been gambled away on bad investments. The lack of transparency that first started off as a way to offer an additional degree of play to improve the wellbeing of Singapore and Singaporeans is likely to have become a desperate excuse in pyramid schemes to find exit strategies for the guilty, much like Lehman and Madoff scenarios.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only lowlife and sinkie stupid fucks contribute to CPF.

Imo should be lazy fuck contribute to cpf becos they are lazy to look for other investment tools and settle for cpf. Personally I trade my laziness and risk of other tools and its fee involved and settle for cpf instead. Even I were to invest it shall be sgs bonds the most.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imo should be lazy fuck contribute to cpf becos they are lazy to look for other investment tools and settle for cpf. Personally I trade my laziness and risk of other tools and its fee involved and settle for cpf instead. Even I were to invest it shall be sgs bonds the most.

why are you telling me on why you choose CPF? who the hell cares about how you choose and how stupid you are?

pls check out here, This PAPib fucks here trying to portray that CPF is ok.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why are you telling me on why you choose CPF? who the hell cares about how you choose and how stupid you are?

pls check out here, This PAPib fucks here trying to portray that CPF is ok.

Don't be a fool here. You were the one to say stupid sinkie contribute cpf first.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
coupled with the mr loo article contributing to one-way SA to become a millionaire...hmmm......

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be a fool here. You were the one to say stupid sinkie contribute cpf first.

i never ask you to tell me how you think about CPF. Nobody cares or gives a fuck how you think and do to CPF. But you come in to portray how it is ok to be stupid to contribute to CPF.

FUck off PAPib. Your method is child's play and do not fool others. Go fuck yourself.