• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

List of things in Johor which are much cheaper than in Singapore.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heart bypass is more expensive in Malaysia

You are comparing gov with private. Public hospital my vs sg doing heartbypass i think malaysia still win out cheap but service not available to singaporean. Private sg vs private my then without doubt malaysia is cheaper.

Shopping mall toilet! Sg nowadays all free and hard to find ppl sit there charge you. Pee in malaysia shopping mall is expensive.

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
"super" brand coffee is avail on both sides of the causeway..

however, sg version taste nicer and it cost more..

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
"super" brand coffee is avail on both sides of the causeway..

however, sg version taste nicer and it cost more..

How come got different ? The coffee beans is from different country ?
BTW Supper coffee nice meh ? I thought brands like Old Town , Ah Huat is now more trendy ?:biggrin:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you think of any? Maybe there are...but i cant think of any now.

Much more expensive...is harder to think. LOL!

Prices in JB generally cheaper on most things, others comparable to Singapore, but very hard to think of something in JB that is much more expensive (like 20% or more) compared to SG.:biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Much more expensive...is harder to think. LOL!

Prices in JB generally cheaper on most things, others comparable to Singapore, but very hard to think of something in JB that is much more expensive (like 20% or more) compared to SG.:biggrin:

I like to buy their bread. The Italian Bread MASSIMO brand ( dont know i get the spelling correct)
I like to buy their sweet ( get rid of mouth smelly one )
i like to buy their ice cream ( Cornetto and Magnum )
I like to buy their cloth ( 2 for rm 80)
i like to buy their satay ( RM0.60) per stick
I like to eat their DIM SUM
I like to eat their sushi ( Sushi Mentai )

I like the whole host of thing.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like to buy their bread. The Italian Bread MASSIMO brand ( dont know i get the spelling correct)
I like to buy their sweet ( get rid of mouth smelly one )
i like to buy their ice cream ( Cornetto and Magnum )
I like to buy their cloth ( 2 for rm 80)
i like to buy their satay ( RM0.60) per stick
I like to eat their DIM SUM
I like to eat their sushi ( Sushi Mentai )

I like the whole host of thing.

I like the bootleg DVDs and Blu-Rays:biggrin:....just bought the Avengers Civil War Blu-Ray for RM7, with bonus features. Sweet! :p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
For RM 30.30 (~SGD 10), I bought:
1) 1 200gm packet of grey oyster mushroom
2) 2 large chicken breasts
3) 1 honey dew
4) 1 packet of Mee Kuning
5) 3 tomatoes
6) 1 package of carrots (about 7 sticks)
7) 1 packet of Cadbury milk chocolate

source: http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/how-far-can-sgd-10-get-you-singapore

Even the price of Roti Prata with Egg also "controlled" price item...don't play play hor! :biggrin:

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2015/05/24/roti-telur-at-rm250-a-piece/

If only SG govt also do this type of raids on those Food Republic type of chup chai peng stalls that charge exorbitant prices!:rolleyes:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, didn't realise Roti in JB is dirt cheap when compared even with price in Penang. A roti kosong in E&Y goes for only RM1.

Flour is a Government subsidised item. That's why it is cheap.
Try increase price and the shop will find price control enforcement officers come visiting.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange.. you went for Heart bypass before in Malaysia? My relative stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks after doing heart bypass.

I wanted to sponsor S$1000 ( RM 3000 ) as a gesture of goodwill because my older relatives in Singapore were paying 4 digits sing dollars.

End up the entire operation fees + consultation + 2 weeks stay + 3-5 whole meals = the price of our HDB one month Season Parking fee ( Non-sheltered ). Now to SINGAPOREANS, this is what we call SUBSIDY.

Speaking from REAL experience.

We are non-bumis by the way.

Heart bypass is more expensive in Malaysia

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Yes I agree with u! Peeing in Singapore is FREE at most places. This I fully support. In JB its also free but its at the road side.

You are comparing gov with private. Public hospital my vs sg doing heartbypass i think malaysia still win out cheap but service not available to singaporean. Private sg vs private my then without doubt malaysia is cheaper.

Shopping mall toilet! Sg nowadays all free and hard to find ppl sit there charge you. Pee in malaysia shopping mall is expensive.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange.. you went for Heart bypass before in Malaysia? My relative stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks after doing heart bypass.

I wanted to sponsor S$1000 ( RM 3000 ) as a gesture of goodwill because my older relatives in Singapore were paying 4 digits sing dollars.

End up the entire operation fees + consultation + 2 weeks stay + 3-5 whole meals = the price of our HDB one month Season Parking fee ( Non-sheltered ). Now to SINGAPOREANS, this is what we call SUBSIDY.

Sorry hor , our Minister had his heart by pass done at S$8/= , everything else is covered under mati-shield !

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obviously he do not comparing the same thing. Services are available to malaysian with IC, government hospital see doctor take medicine only charge you RM 1, no matter how much medicine you take.
My dad were in sg private hospital in his terminal stage cancer until he passed away, the overall cost him SGD 300K +.
Yes Yes I agree with u! Peeing in Singapore is FREE at most places. This I fully support. In JB its also free but its at the road side.

Jb roadside free, sg roadside sibeh expensive, your ass will kena too, luckily they dint potong...that is too islamic extremism.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously he do not comparing the same thing. Services are available to malaysian with IC, government hospital see doctor take medicine only charge you RM 1, no matter how much medicine you take.
My dad were in sg private hospital in his terminal stage cancer until he passed away, the overall cost him SGD 300K +.

Jb roadside free, sg roadside sibeh expensive, your ass will kena too, luckily they dint potong...that is too islamic extremism.

Almost every time I clear JB CIQ will see one or two bikers get down and "water the plants" where the road leads down to the tunnel on the way to the EDL. In the jam too long already...cannot hold liao...LOL! Which is why I always make it a point to clear the bladder before making the trip back.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost every time I clear JB CIQ will see one or two bikers get down and "water the plants" where the road leads down to the tunnel on the way to the EDL. In the jam too long already...cannot hold liao...LOL! Which is why I always make it a point to clear the bladder before making the trip back.

Wait till you down 2 beers and see if you can hold or not. :biggrin: