• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

List of things in Johor which are much cheaper than in Singapore.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly the same concept as the Country Garden in Danga Bay, having the shopping street opened when the whole site is still under construction.
Shops there already opened for 2 years now, but many had also closed a year ago and replaced by another shop and now, some are closing soon.
Even if the shops don't have to pay rent, but with the poor patronage, they can hardly survive.
What's going to happen in FC will be similar to JPO, selling past seasons' products.
Brand names like LV or Prada will never allow anyone to sell their new products without their participation and knowledge, what more, in some remote unknown places.
Anyway, hopefully those LVs and Pradas sold there are not made in Shenzhen.

Just bought 8 shirt and Pants for sgd 100. Just visit brand outlet all over the mall. You get all your stuff you need.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my visit to China, the tour guide told us that the Shenzhen manufactured counterfeit are so good that there are simply no reason to buy the original.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my visit to China, the tour guide told us that the Shenzhen manufactured counterfeit are so good that there are simply no reason to buy the original.

Yes. There is no reason to buy the real stuff if the fake or OEM can be as good.

BTW, these OEM can start their own brand and sell.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometimes fake gds quality surpass the horrendously priced originals.[/QUOTtheE]

I visited the new Tebarau City a few days back. They added new wing to their existing shops. It newly opened. I have noticed they have quite a few vendors selling all the CNY goodies. They have a hard time selling the goodies.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the RM$ stays weak, our brigade of retirees, Tai-Tai, students and PMET will keep the many eateries , bakeries, pharmacies, health and beauty saloon, supermarkets, fashion outlets very busy; pre and post CNY.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of CNY goodies much cheaper than Singapore. Bukit Indah was so crowded yesterday. Surprising traffic condition was good. Cleared Malaysia and Singapore custom within 45 minutes on the way back to Singapore at 6.45pm via 2nd link.
If the RM$ stays weak, our brigade of retirees, Tai-Tai, students and PMET will keep the many eateries , bakeries, pharmacies, health and beauty saloon, supermarkets, fashion outlets very busy; pre and post CNY.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of CNY goodies much cheaper than Singapore. Bukit Indah was so crowded yesterday. Surprising traffic condition was good. Cleared Malaysia and Singapore custom within 45 minutes on the way back to Singapore at 6.45pm via 2nd link.

When traffic condition at the CIQ gets thinner and thinner wherby waiting time get shorter and shorter, which actually just means lesser and lesser people are driving into JB, a very simple equation.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just had another round of satisfying Dental Scaling and Polishing done for my wife and I. The total cost for 2 pax is RM190, or less than S$65. Definitely cheaper than having it done in Sg (haven't visited Sg Dentist for more than a year, don't know what it will cost these days).

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just had another round of satisfying Dental Scaling and Polishing done for my wife and I. The total cost for 2 pax is RM190, or less than S$65. Definitely cheaper than having it done in Sg (haven't visited Sg Dentist for more than a year, don't know what it will cost these days).

Great, where did you do your dental scaling ? Can Provide me the address ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Where do you guys get all your home furniture ? Anyone to recommend ?

My humble 2 cents and for the rest of my life in Malaysia:

Izola furniture. Look for Bryan. Him and his mother are the most reliable people i know for furniture. Prices can definitely be negotiated.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...a7a08d0fb58447e!2m2!1d103.6313684!2d1.5135853

Address: 57, Jalan Mutiara Mas 1/9, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 7-550 0929

Its opposite to the park, Hutan Bandar MPJBT, near to Tesco Mutiara Rini, beside TM Point Mutiara Mas.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's happening right now.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
My humble 2 cents and for the rest of my life in Malaysia:

Izola furniture. Look for Bryan. Him and his mother are the most reliable people i know for furniture. Prices can definitely be negotiated.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...a7a08d0fb58447e!2m2!1d103.6313684!2d1.5135853

Address: 57, Jalan Mutiara Mas 1/9, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 7-550 0929

Its opposite to the park, Hutan Bandar MPJBT, near to Tesco Mutiara Rini, beside TM Point Mutiara Mas.

They have one outlet at Tesco Tebarau City.