• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat From the inside - MOH/Cabinet considering invoking Infectious Diseases Acr

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Known Zika cases now up to 258 today.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-on-monday-bringing-total-to-258/3101850.html

16 new Zika cases confirmed on Monday, bringing total to 258

Updated 05 Sep 2016 22:43

SINGAPORE: 16 new cases of locally transmitted Zika were confirmed on Monday (Sep 5), the Ministry of Health (MOH) and National Environment Agency (NEA) said in a joint statement. This brings the total number of confirmed cases in Singapore to 258.

Of these, 11 cases are linked to the cluster spanning Aljunied Crescent, Sims Drive, Kallang Way and Paya Lebar Way. One case is linked to the Joo Seng Road cluster. The other four cases have no known links to any existing cluster.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree with you. I think it was the cabinet that asked for the position paper in view of the past issues with MOH. The MOH Medical Director (powerful post) was quietly removed after the SGH Hep contamination that led to 8 deaths and the post I understand is still vacant, covered by a DD. Ng's wife was spared. So it looks like a collective approach to avoid all around embarrassment.
If you are referring to the Director of Medical Services, I don't think he was removed. Benjamin Ong took over from Satku before the Sgh Hep fiasco and I think he is still DMS.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How about Ah loong leaving Zikapore during this crisis-what kind of leadership is that.
"The captain goes down with the ship" does not apply here?-the highest paid captain in the world at that!

This is not a crisis you twit. Zika is a non issue which has been blown way out of proportion so news organisations can get hits and sell papers.

Don't worry about it. Your head will be fine. Your kids heads will be fine and your grandkids will be OK too.

If anything goes wrong with any of your family its because of your poor genes. Nothing to do with any virus.

If there is a death or deformity in the family it is far more likely to be caused by a road accident or the flu.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, referring to Ben. Moved on few days after Gan's comments in Parliament abt blame culture. Heard back in NUS/H. DD covering. Saktu very senior, feared and repected. They are looking for dust to settle before appt someone more senior. Ben was aware and handling the contamination without letting perm sec or Minister know for over 4mths.

If you are referring to the Director of Medical Services, I don't think he was removed. Benjamin Ong took over from Satku before the Sgh Hep fiasco and I think he is still DMS.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, referring to Ben. Moved on few days after Gan's comments in Parliament abt blame culture. Heard back in NUS/H. DD covering. Saktu very senior, feared and repected. They are looking for dust to settle before appt someone more senior. Ben was aware and handling the contamination without letting perm sec or Minister know for over 4mths.

I believe that only when the Perm Sec was a doctor that they held both posts (Perm Sec/DMS)(eg Andrew Chew/Kwa Soon Bee etc). I believe now the Director of Medical Services is a separate posting of only "D" grade if it is still relevant in the civil service.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Known Zika cases up to 275 today and has spread to Bishan.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-new-potential-cluster-at-bishan/3105264.html

Singapore Zika cases hit 275; new potential cluster at Bishan found

Updated 06 Sep 2016 19:33

SINGAPORE: 17 new cases of locally transmitted were confirmed on Tuesday (Sep 6), bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Singapore to 275. Authorities added that there is a potential new cluster at Bishan Street 12, involving a previously reported case and a new case today.

In a joint statement, the Ministry of Health (MOH) and National Environment Agency (NEA) added that of the 17 new cases, 10 are linked to the Aljunied Crescent / Sims Drive / Kallang Way / Paya Lebar Way cluster.

Apart from the Bishan Street 12 case, the other six cases have no known links to any existing cluster.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/about-us/senior_management.html

The above MOH has yet to updated is it?

On Satku, yes respected and a nice chap. Has a cuddly bear in his office, maybe to smooth over the apparent "fear" factor?! But think Satku may not have managed SMC that well under his watch, Egs. Susan Lim's initial case and Shorvon's misoconceived legal fiasco in the UK courts which cost all local docs a bomb just for Harry and his daughter's vendetta.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that only when the Perm Sec was a doctor that they held both posts (Perm Sec/DMS)(eg Andrew Chew/Kwa Soon Bee etc). I believe now the Director of Medical Services is a separate posting of only "D" grade if it is still relevant in the civil service.
Andrew Chew and Kwa Soon Bee were legendary big hitters in the same league as George Bogaars, Sim Kee Boon, Howe Yoon Chong, Joe Pillay etc. Unfortunately these type of stellar character public servants are a thing of the past.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Known Zika cases increase to 283 as of yesterday and has spread to Siglap.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/potential-new-zika-cluster-elite-terrace-total-cases-283

8 new Zika cases reported, potential cluster near Siglap

Updated: 11:00 PM, September 7, 2016

SINGAPORE — There were eight new cases of locally transmitted Zika infections recorded on Wednesday (Sept 7), with two cases linked to the Aljunied Crescent/Sims Drive/Kallang Way/Paya Lebar Way cluster, and one case linked to the potential Bishan Street 12 cluster that was discovered on Tuesday.

Another case among the eight is from a potential new cluster in the Elite Terrace area near Siglap, taking into account a previously reported case there.

The remaining four cases have no known links to any existing cluster, the Health Ministry and the National Environment Agency (NEA) said in an update on Wednesday.

This brings the total number of confirmed cases here to 283.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The internal govt directory has his name and contact details taken out after the incident at MOH. I have seen such cases in the past. The likely scenario is sent out for "deserved sabbatical" and rehabilitation and then allowed to return. The message to him and those who are aware is show that action has been taken. The other possibility is to give time gap and then announce a change in posting. The time gap is to avoid associating with the incident.

He is either in NUS or away on a "course'. I know that the DD is handling it.

I aware of Susan's and Saktu but not the Shorvon's case. I thought for the latter's case the oversight was not with MOH even though hospital patient were used but with the research authorising body and NUS senate.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/about-us/senior_management.html

The above MOH has yet to updated is it?

On Satku, yes respected and a nice chap. Has a cuddly bear in his office, maybe to smooth over the apparent "fear" factor?! But think Satku may not have managed SMC that well under his watch, Egs. Susan Lim's initial case and Shorvon's misoconceived legal fiasco in the UK courts which cost all local docs a bomb just for Harry and his daughter's vendetta.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One wonders why Singapore no longer generates men and women of similar calibre and gravitas. There is not even on single individual that comes close. Peter Ong, the Head of the Civil Service is known for his collegiate ways and pet projects that follow him form ministry to ministry, not exactly what the country needs. His sister, Catherine Ong has however cashed in and runs her own PR agency that caters for Govt agencies.

Andrew Chew and Kwa Soon Bee were legendary big hitters in the same league as George Bogaars, Sim Kee Boon, Howe Yoon Chong, Joe Pillay etc. Unfortunately these type of stellar character public servants are a thing of the past.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The internal govt directory has his name and contact details taken out after the incident at MOH. I have seen such cases in the past. The likely scenario is sent out for "deserved sabbatical" and rehabilitation and then allowed to return. The message to him and those who are aware is show that action has been taken. The other possibility is to give time gap and then announce a change in posting. The time gap is to avoid associating with the incident.

He is either in NUS or away on a "course'. I know that the DD is handling it.

I aware of Susan's and Saktu but not the Shorvon's case. I thought for the latter's case the oversight was not with MOH even though hospital patient were used but with the research authorising body and NUS senate.
Ok on the DMS thinggy. Saying that it looks real dodgy to me, particularly in this day and age of the internet and social media.

On Shorvon's case, I am not referring to the substance of his case in Singapore. I am alluding to the later expensive legal failure attempt in the UK courts to get Shorvon struck off the GMC.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Back in the old days, when new admin officers started work they would be told by Andrew Chew about how as civil servants they had to be prudent in use of public funds. How their work was not to make money for themselves but for the good of Singapore and Singaporeans. It was a noble cause.

Then down the line when LHL and his generals came in they took away pensions took away health benefits and raised salaries for ministers astronomically. Civil service salaries also went up.

The system became openly corrupt. Nepotistic. That's why.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on Ben affair. Thanks for the Shorvon's case explanation.

Ok on the DMS thinggy. Saying that it looks real dodgy to me, particularly in this day and age of the internet and social media.

On Shorvon's case, I am not referring to the substance of his case in Singapore. I am alluding to the later expensive legal failure attempt in the UK courts to get Shorvon struck off the GMC.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
One wonders why Singapore no longer generates men and women of similar calibre and gravitas. There is not even on single individual that comes close. Peter Ong, the Head of the Civil Service is known for his collegiate ways and pet projects that follow him form ministry to ministry, not exactly what the country needs. His sister, Catherine Ong has however cashed in and runs her own PR agency that caters for Govt agencies.

"His sister, Catherine Ong has however cashed in and runs her own PR agency that caters for Govt agencies." - An example ofthe problem.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You were right. I made some calls and heard that Ben is still in post. Had been involved in a project of some sort but the guy has no idea what is is.