• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat From the inside - MOH/Cabinet considering invoking Infectious Diseases Acr

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fear of the unknown and just being cautionary in the event that it is truly what it has been made out to be. I think the initial approach of the pubic and the authorities until the speed of infection. Remember the sentiments after the chap who travelled to Brazil and returned to his home in Watten Estate in May - nobody bothered despite reporting in the press.

The first scientific evidence that it penetrated the brain did not come out then. Now we have 2 sets of Universities that presented similar findings.

Why is everyone making such a fuss about a disease that if no consequence? :rolleyes:

It does not kill, it does not maim, it does not even require a day off work.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The irony is that part of Operation Coldstore led to the deportation of all Malaysians and this included Dominic Puthcheary. Now his son is a Minister of State and he came as a PR and then a New Citizen.

This Govt long ago threw away nation building and an inclusive society. Now like a commercial company they will hire anyone from anywhere to turn a buck. For 50years, the political mantra was that we are a "one united people" then last week Ong Ke Yung said that we were racially divided and thats reality.

They will come out with any excuse, argument or view that serves their purpose. Never if there is no logic or common sense. Straight away you can tell that Ong will sell his mother for a buck.

The number of "Malaysians" controlling our well-being is alarming. They are in our Cabinet, civil service, MPs, Minister of States, and private sectors. Unlike the first generation of ministers who were few in numbers but nevertheless hard working "Singaporeans", the current ones are mainly "appointed" or drawn in involvement without undergoing the and knowing of our "past" efforts.

I have no respect for them and realise that "as long as my own family" is "okay", I do not really care for the future of Singapore as it does not "belong" anymore to us. Sad but realistically true! :mad:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I have no respect for them and realise that "as long as my own family" is "okay", I do not really care for the future of Singapore

70% of Sinkies are no different. They're only interested in the here and now. They couldn't care two hoots about the long term negative effects of a PAP stranglehold on the country.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The irony is that part of Operation Coldstore led to the deportation of all Malaysians and this included Dominic Puthcheary. Now his son is a Minister of State and he came as a PR and then a New Citizen.

This Govt long ago threw away nation building and an inclusive society. Now like a commercial company they will hire anyone from anywhere to turn a buck. For 50years, the political mantra was that we are a "one united people" then last week Ong Ke Yung said that we were racially divided and thats reality.

They will come out with any excuse, argument or view that serves their purpose. Never if there is no logic or common sense. Straight away you can tell that Ong will sell his mother for a buck.

we have been divided by PAP long ago.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another irony is that Orwell's "Animal Farm" was taught in literature classes in the 60's. Looks like we didn't learn anything. Or maybe someone did. They have followed the plot faithfully.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
70% of Sinkies are no different. They're only interested in the here and now. They couldn't care two hoots about the long term negative effects of a PAP stranglehold on the country.

Hey! I totally agree!

I am aware that those who I meet with who are amongst the 70% voters, really care only for their very own and the PAP's well-being. They could not care less for the general Singaporeans and the country's future.

The current government is truly just "politically" motivated to their own well-being.
:mad:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why is everyone making such a fuss about a disease that if no consequence? :rolleyes:

It does not kill, it does not maim, it does not even require a day off work.

See my thread on the Asian strain of Zika (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?235154-Asian-strain-of-Zika).

The symptoms for many may be mild, but researches have uncovered links between the Asian strain and the more deadly effects of the African strain such as shrunken heads.

As Scroobal said, it is fear of the unknown now. If a baby is born in SG with a small head, imagine the panic.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not in this case. If they had followed HK's example, they would be off the hook. Remember the 8 dead form Hep case in SGH. Families were held to ransom to stop them speaking to the press. Special team formed to handle compensation. This is going to go the same way excerpt one of the preg mum to be spoke to the press. So this was might be difficult to handle.

Bro,
Sample size and statistical significance.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fear of the unknown and just being cautionary in the event that it is truly what it has been made out to be. I think the initial approach of the pubic and the authorities until the speed of infection. Remember the sentiments after the chap who travelled to Brazil and returned to his home in Watten Estate in May - nobody bothered despite reporting in the press.

The first scientific evidence that it penetrated the brain did not come out then. Now we have 2 sets of Universities that presented similar findings.

Water Estate & the surroundings, the home of the elites & the breeding of them too...count the number of elite education facilities around that area plus the number of elites staying there? Ng Teng Fong Family is still living there, CT Goh across the Road at 1st Avenue...

They keep quiet or very silent for they do not want to PANIC THE PEOPLE....now they tell you, the strain here is ASIAN....

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not in this case. If they had followed HK's example, they would be off the hook. Remember the 8 dead form Hep case in SGH. Families were held to ransom to stop them speaking to the press. Special team formed to handle compensation. This is going to go the same way excerpt one of the preg mum to be spoke to the press. So this was might be difficult to handle.
dat cant gag dat 154th? ...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If even just one baby here has a small head, no one will care about statistical significance. In fact we may even get the political revolution that we desperately need.
wun happen la ... sinkies can oni b tinking like dat anyhow say burger ... heng ah, not me ...

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wun happen la ... sinkies can oni b tinking like dat anyhow say burger ... heng ah, not me ...

Unfortunately you are 100% correct. Singaporeans keep thinking "heng, it didn't happen to me". Very few bother to think "it could have been me".

If more people thought the 2nd way, PAP would have been long gone.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What happened to you? Has your brain been infected by the Bedok South variant of the ZIKV? This is so scary I need to correct your Zika damaged brain. Please chant along with me: PAP is the best! PAP is the best! PAP is the best!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Barricade all the workers dormitories & set up check points in & out...those tested & found to be infected with any diseases, test for ZIKA, Dengue, SARS, West Nile, VD, HIV.. will be quarantined in an island.....

:rolleyes:

Can quarantine them at Sentosa where they previously held Chia Thye Poh

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...............for anyone who has observed how our political leaders operate, they must be plagued with indecision right now and no clue how to proceed.

How about Ah loong leaving Zikapore during this crisis-what kind of leadership is that.
"The captain goes down with the ship" does not apply here?-the highest paid captain in the world at that!

What is more troubling is that they no longer give locations for new cases with no known links to the existing clusters (Aljunied Cr/ Sims Dr/ Kallang Way/ Paya Lebar Way)
eg 3 September, 26 new cases 24 cases are linked to the existing clusters,2 cases no links.
2 September,38 new cases ,34 cases are linked to the existing clusters, 4 cases no links .

Which means that are there are 6 cases the public do not know the locations-why the PAP silent on this ?
If you do knot know, how to take precautions?
Maybe Shan who used to be very vocal until the Zika outbreak, can answer?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has been consistent in the way he disappears when there is no solution at hand or they have no idea what is going on. The father had more balls than this guy. When everything is settled he comes smiling back and his wife will do her usual FB post about gout, walking in a park etc.