• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Semb marine kicked out sti index.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will affect much on Semb Corp?

Also SingTel dropped a lot recently, how do you think?

Uncle uvwxyz, pow, come and share your view?

Also not forget the dbs and ocbc. Profit dropping too.

Looks like all industry sector not doing well.

Knn .

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its Aug/Sept period and is usually a lull period for stocks worldwide and besides dividend payout time is largely over.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have any oil and gas stock?
Like Keppel or Semb Corp?

Semb marine kicked out sti index stock, very big issue leh.

I holding a lot Semb Corp leh .

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will affect much on Semb Corp?

Also SingTel dropped a lot recently, how do you think?

Uncle uvwxyz, pow, come and share your view?

Also not forget the dbs and ocbc. Profit dropping too.

Looks like all industry sector not doing well.

Knn .

Let me give you one piece of useful advice. Do not go around online soliciting advice on what stocks and when to buy and sell. If you are not able to make a trade decision on your own, you should not even be dabbling stocks in the first place.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me give you one piece of useful advice. Do not go around online soliciting advice on what stocks and when to buy and sell. If you are not able to make a trade decision on your own, you should not even be dabbling stocks in the first place.

I usually make decision on my own. Just one another assurance to like buy insurance??
But ended up, I also lose. Hahah.

Now buy blue chip , even at lower price also lose money. Very hard to make money now.
All money stuck in share.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I usually make decision on my own. Just one another assurance to like buy insurance??
But ended up, I also lose. Hahah.

Now buy blue chip , even at lower price also lose money. Very hard to make money now.
All money stuck in share.

I know how you feel, but from experience all you will get is false assurance. There is no way to know who really zhai who just talk big, so you end up just accepting whoever post opinion that is similar to you.

CPFIS figures on layman stock investing are very consistent over the years, roughly every year:

1) ~75% of people negative return
2) ~15% of people 0-2.5% return
3) ~10% of people >2.5% return

So in reality most people lose money on stocks, in other words it is more common to lose money than make money on stocks. Hard truth.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know how you feel, but from experience all you will get is false assurance. There is no way to know who really zhai who just talk big, so you end up just accepting whoever post opinion that is similar to you.

CPFIS figures on layman stock investing are very consistent over the years, roughly every year:

So in reality most people lose money on stocks, in other words it is more common to lose money than make money on stocks. Hard truth.

Thank you, i only buy blue chip now. People says diversification, so i buy bank, oil and gas, engineering, transport , telecom.
all is losing money now.

maybe singapore economy really bad now, Good that i am still working.
die die must push myself go to work, even tired. all money now stuck. very heart pain. but also useless. can only wait for it to recover.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

i really worried a lot on semb marine, i have a lot semb corp. at least 100k. now paper loss 30%. cry also useless.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how much is your average price...semb marine is in danger now leh, half die or 75% die liao

What danger? Not insolvent, non-receipts and losses already booked, no outstanding bonds to redeem this year.Business slowed down considerably in the industry, not just SM. True that will be years before regaining those lofty heights... or at least till oil recovers, don't panic. Unless tomorrow the whole world is not powered by fossil fuel and no need for chemicals and plastic, then you can write off your shares. The oil industry is being played by the cartel, we just have to ride it out.

On the other hand, M1 shareholders should be alert...

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
What danger? Not insolvent, non-receipts and losses already booked, no outstanding bonds to redeem this year.Business slowed down considerably in the industry, not just SM. True that will be years before regaining those lofty heights... or at least till oil recovers, don't panic. Unless tomorrow the whole world is not powered by fossil fuel and no need for chemicals and plastic, then you can write off your shares. The oil industry is being played by the cartel, we just have to ride it out.

On the other hand, M1 shareholders should be alert...

i have semb corp also.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
the sti is a piece of shit,thats why they need to kick out other pieces of shit to make it look better.

well, buy sti index still good. not sti a piece of shit, is some sg listed stock a piece of shit, last time is china con stock, now is oil n gas.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you, i only buy blue chip now. People says diversification, so i buy bank, oil and gas, engineering, transport , telecom.
all is losing money now.

maybe singapore economy really bad now, Good that i am still working.
die die must push myself go to work, even tired. all money now stuck. very heart pain. but also useless. can only wait for it to recover.

Your holdings only local? STI drops all your stocks drop? No tech stocks?