• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Chemotherapy: a friend just want for it......

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Having said that, any idea what's the rate of success, after chemotherapy?.
That is, recovery or cancer went into remission.......

Or to be a bit more specific, what's the mortality rate?.

I was talking to a medical doctor & in his opinion chemo doesn't really work. Personally I do not know anyone who's undergone chemo.

I have a few friends & relatives who had cancer & they either accepted it or taken the alternative treatment route. The ones who accepted their fate are usually the old e.g 70+ years old.

Doing chemo would have extended their suffering as well as putting a stress on their families.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rony Tan shared another story of his domestic flight in Indonesia during the service I attended. The plane flew into an air storm, he said he shouted to the devil to stop rocking the plane. Guess what? The devil obeyed him.

The sad thing is that Rony Tan has many good helpers who truly believe in serving their Jesus. Many new age churches are now more successful than traditional churches, very sad too.

He was shouting to the pilot to stop fooling around with her daughter in the cockpit.

The pilot 's name was Dever.:biggrin:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
it appears that your logic is that cancer just appear by itself when you get older. you do not know the cause of cancer at all.

it is a convenient excuse not to make an effort to adopt a cancer free lifestyle as you need money, time effort and education for it. last but not least, discipline.

Just like smoking can cause cancer and yet you claim that there are people who smoke till old age and yet no cancer. Using gene as a conclusion or an excuse to downplay any effort to prevent cancer.

Have you read about Amish population? They are a fine example of people who eat organic food and live the natural lifestyle and yet very low cancer rate among their population.

https://internalmedicine.osu.edu/nephrology/article.cfm?ID=5307

http://www.naturalnews.com/027930_Amish_health.html

Why Don’t The Amish Get Cancer?

big-amish-family_thumb.jpg

A recent study published in the journal Cancer Causes and Control has revealed that Amish people have virtually no cancer within their population, and are considered the most healthy people in America.

Researchers from Ohio State University originally launched a study on the Amish population to see whether rates of cancer would be higher due to their lack of conventional medical care. What they found, however, shocked them.

The Amish were found to have much lower rates of cancer than the rest of the population, so researchers decided to look more closely at their lifestyle choices and diets to find out why.

Naturalnews reports:

Most Amish people do not smoke or drink and they are typically not sexually promiscuous, leading researchers to believe that these lifestyle factors play an important role in the limited number of cancer cases.

Other factors examined include the high amount of physical labor undertaken by the Amish. Most Amish people work in farming, construction, and other production jobs that require intense physical activity that keeps them healthy and in shape. While the rest of America sits in fluorescent-lit cubicles all day, the Amish work hard to produce crops, build furniture and structures, and produce useful goods, which researchers recognize contributes to their excellent health.

Another important factor not specifically examined in the study is the fact that the Amish grow and raise all their own food. They employ time-tested, organic methods that provide them with healthy fruits, vegetables, milk, meat, and other untainted foods that most Americans never get. Rich in living enzymes, vitamins, and nutrients Amish food is grown and raised the way it should be, resulting in improved health.

While some may ridicule their secluded lifestyle, the Amish commitment to simple, productive lives and clean, local food is benefiting their health in ways that the rest of America can only dream about.

When compared to a life of sitting in office buildings all day, eating processed and genetically-modified junk food, and popping prescription medications, it becomes clear which lifestyle is truly deserving of contempt.

http://simplecapacity.com/2016/04/why-dont-the-amish-get-cancer/

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason why deaths caused by cancer were far lower in the prehistoric ages was because life expectancy was far shorter. Adults died of other causes before they reached the age where cells mutate and become malignant.

And there were probably many cancer deaths too but the knowledge simply wasn't there to diagnose the cause.

babies and children get cancer too. Explain that!!!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was talking to a medical doctor & in his opinion chemo doesn't really work. Personally I do not know anyone who's undergone chemo.

I have a few friends & relatives who had cancer & they either accepted it or taken the alternative treatment route. The ones who accepted their fate are usually the old e.g 70+ years old.

Doing chemo would have extended their suffering as well as putting a stress on their families.

Understand, I have a close relative that had cancer of the lung. Told me did not want any treatment, went for palliative care and have since passed on. Age was mid 70s.

Another relative of mine also found out she had colorectal cancer recently. Already went under the knife to remove it and now undergoing chemotherapy. It has been a month since she underwent the treatment. Just spoke to her only yesterday. So far so good, appetite is still there. That's a good sign......

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand, I have a close relative that had cancer of the lung. Told me did not want any treatment, went for palliative care and have since passed on. Age was mid 70s.

Another relative of mine also found out she had colorectal cancer recently. Already went under the knife to remove it and now undergoing chemotherapy. It has been a month since she underwent the treatment. Just spoke to her only yesterday. So far so good, appetite is still there. That's a good sign......

Your family seems to get cancer easily. Must be a family of meat eating losers.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're talking through your arse as usual. Cancer has been around since the dawn of time when everything was 100% natural.

It happens when a mistake occurs during cell division. Given the number of cell divisions that occur in a lifetime it's actually very surprising it doesn't happen far more often.

The root cause of cancer: http://theheartysoul.com/hidden-root-cause-of-cancer/

It is cause by microbes.. but this article doesn't explain what causes such microbes to create cancer in your cell.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A friend just went for his first chemotherapy session, told me went on drips, but was very slow, took 6 hours just to finish one session.

Heard from him the cancer he got is those aggressive type, can't recall what was it but understand it has spread to other areas, I believe it's bone and another area.

Anyway, the doctors recommend him to go for this session and see how the treatment goes.......
Was wondering if there is any other treatment that might be available if chemotherapy does not do its job or he do not respond to this treatment.....

Was talking to him over the weekend holiday. Good mood, appetite is still ok......
Just got a call from him........

Hair start coming off liao............

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend just went for his first chemotherapy session, told me went on drips, but was very slow, took 6 hours just to finish one session.

Heard from him the cancer he got is those aggressive type, can't recall what was it but understand it has spread to other areas, I believe it's bone and another area.

Anyway, the doctors recommend him to go for this session and see how the treatment goes.......
Was wondering if there is any other treatment that might be available if chemotherapy does not do its job or he do not respond to this treatment.....

chemo cannot cure metastatic cancers
waste time n money & enriches cancer doctors!!

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two of my friends are dying of cancer. They've cut out all sugar, fat, meat etc.

It has not made a scrap of difference.

i HAD a general foreman who beaten nose cancer with lots of vitamin C ie eating oranges by the crates daily.............. he lived till old age

cuckoldoolittle

Alfrescian
Loyal
No other treatment?

[h=2]Cancer drug 'like taking Panadol' developed in Australia, given fast-track approval.
[/h]A revolutionary drug that melts away cancer in some stage four patients has been given fast-track approval in the United States.
Key points

• Trial of Melbourne-developed drug shows four out of five patients had a positive result, with complete remission for one in five
  • Venetoclax has received fast-track approval for use in the United States
  • Manufacturer has applied for it to be listed on the Australia's PBS

Melbourne-developed Venetoclax is one of a new generation of targeted drugs which attack specific cancer-causing biological factors like cell-structure mutations.
Robert Oblak was fighting a recurrence of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, a cancer of the blood and bone marrow, when he was chosen to take part in a trial in 2013.

"I think I was the eleventh person in the world to have it," he told 7.30.
"It was amazing."
Within a year his leukaemia went into remission.
"It causes no side-effects. Nothing, absolutely nothing," he said.
"I describe those pills as like taking Panadol.​
"Quite amazing. So even when it's killing cells, you feel great."
Professor John Seymour, of the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, helped oversee the trial.
He said the treatment worked in a very different way to traditional therapies.
"Cells, when they are born, are destined to die and cancer cells and particularly leukaemia cells delay that death by using a protein called BCL2 that stops the normal time of death," he explained to 7.30.
"Venetoclax works by specifically blocking the action of that BCL2 and allows the cells to die in the way that they were destined to."
In the trial nearly four out of five patients had a positive result, with complete remission for one in five patients.
Some patients did have a negative result.

But despite receiving fast-tracked approval for use in the United States and the European Union, the drug is not available in Australia.
Although manufacturer AbbVie applied for its listing on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) at the same time as in other jurisdictions,
Australia's slower approvals process through the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) means Australian patients cannot access it.

Using the body's own immune system to defeat cancer

The developers of Venetoclax — David Huang and his team from the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research —
were awarded the Eureka Prize for Innovation in Medical Research at this year's ceremony.

Venetoclax and targeted therapies are just one of a number of major breakthroughs in cancer research in recent years.
The area of research giving the most hope is immunotherapy.

Immunotherapy drugs work by harnessing the body's own immune system to defeat cancer and a new dedicated immunotherapy lab
at the just-opened Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre will focus on their development.

So far, they have been used most effectively in the treatment of melanoma.
Greg Lawson is testament to the power of this new breed of drugs.

When the melanoma he had beaten a decade ago re-emerged in 2014 he was put on an immunotherapy drug,
Ipilimumab (also known as Yervoy) that had only recently been approved for the Australian market.

Twelve months later, his melanomas were completely gone, and he has suffered virtually no side effects.

"Truly amazing — the fact that it's actually given me the position where I have not got cancer in my body is a great feeling," Mr Lawson told 7.30.

"I am so glad that research has allowed that drug set to be created, and now that we have got Australian research companies developing drugs, targeting drugs for immunotherapy is just phenomenal."

But it is a bitter-sweet recovery for Mr Lawson and he knows only too well that immunotherapy does not work for everyone.
Tragically, his wife Jill developed melanoma around the same time that he did.
When she was put on a trial of a different immunotherapy drug, her body could not tolerate it.
"She had two sets of the treatment, but was so ill from the side effects that the decision was made to take her off it," Mr Lawson said.
"And August 2014, two years ago, she passed."

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...44?pfmredir=sm

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

why don't one opt in only the knife but opt out the chemo?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why don't one opt in only the knife but opt out the chemo?

The doctor's have no idea as to the cause of cancer. So I doubt that they know what to cut out.

Take for example breast cancer. Even after performing a bilateral mastectomy(cutting off both breasts) on females the doctors will still recommend that the woman go for annual mammograms.