• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious critial illness policy

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
agent cunning try to sell critical illness to my in law.
in law ask my advise.i say NO.stay away.
here the detail.
policy is near $100+ a mth.
payout $500 K upon dignose of illness.

why I tell my in law a big NO
1) payout only upon final stage illness etc cancer/kindey failure,heart failure.
when a person is in end stage..whatever $ come in also no use. if payout at early stage, I would say make sense. but premium is going to double up.

2) her salary is $2k. take home pay $1600
CI $100
hospitalization plan $40
permeant disability $15
saving plan $30
that add up a total of 11% of money going into insurance.
no insane will spend 11% of their salary on insurance.
if salary is $5k, the ball game is different.it only took up 4.6%

----------------------
the agent reply to (1) :
the payout can benefit the next of kin family should the insured died shortly after diagnosed.

the agent reply to (2) :
some cleaner earning $1200 a mth can spare aside $250 a month on insurance to well protect themselves.
--------------------------------

I have no comment on his reply on (1)
on (2):
my thought is this cleaner did badly on his maths calculation and his/her understanding of finance. that's is why working as cleaner.

the agent tell my in law to get more supplement instead if she find $100+ a mth is expensive for this coverage.
*I think the agent sound sarcastic to me*

any body has thought to share?

Last edited: