• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Japanese PM Shinzo Abe pays respect to Prataman and calls him a Friend of Japan!

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japan PM Shinzo Abe pays respects to former Singapore President S R Nathan
NEWSTVPREMIER
Sign In
Menu

SINGAPORE
Japan PM Shinzo Abe pays respects to former Singapore President S R Nathan
Posted 25 Aug 2016 17:13 Updated 25 Aug 2016 17:20
Japan PM Shinzo Abe and his wife at Parliament House to pay respects to late former President S R Nathan. (Photo: Xabryna Kek)
ENLARGECAPTION
1 Email More

A A

SINGAPORE: Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his wife made a stopover here on Thursday (Aug 25) to pay their respects to the late former Singapore President S R Nathan.

They were received by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong when they arrived at Parliament House and also met with Mrs Nathan.

In his condolence letter to Mr Lee, Mr Abe said Mr Nathan contributed to unifying his people and to the stability and prosperity of Singapore.

"He was also fluent in Japanese and a friend of Japan. He was our state guest in 2009, and has played a significant role for furthering the friendship of Japan and Singapore," Mr Abe said.

Mr Abe was flying back home from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, after he made a surprise appearance at the closing ceremony of the Summer Olympic Games.

- CNA/kk

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come no mention of any class A japanese war criminals?all we hear is this singapore and shizo abe ass kissing b.s.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is my frank thought on nihon jun, i never like them cos' i know what they are like after working for them for short while. they are very shameless pple, look at their politicians, after the massive killings their ancestors did in world war 2, their current generation of leaders still can go back to pay respect to them. are they really sincere in apologizing to the countries they invaded during the war? think about it!:oIo:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Secret farewell to fellow japanese translator and collaborator.very nostalgic to see such a friend of japan go.can u imagine if shinzo abe kowtowed at prataman's wake?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Abe and Prataman must have shared many good moments reminiscing about the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"He was also fluent in Japanese and a friend of Japan. He was our state guest in 2009, and has played a significant role for furthering the friendship of Japan and Singapore," Mr Abe said.

Abe neglected to mention that Nathan played 'an indispensable role in furthering the cause of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere'.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Abe neglected to mention that Nathan played 'an indispensable role in furthering the cause of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere'.

Nathan is guhrate honorahbu fuhriend of Dai Nippon Teikoku and ramber one serphant of Tenno Heika! Banzai Banzai Banzai!!

Nippon goku rill mish nathan guhlateri, nathan much serbice to Dai Nippon Teikoku in guhrate war too.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abe and Prataman must have shared many good moments reminiscing about the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere.

emperor-akihito-of-japan-and-singaporean-president-s-r-nathan-toast-picture-id502791804

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nathan is guhrate honorahbu fuhriend of Dai Nippon Teikoku and ramber one serphant of Tenno Heika! Banzai Banzai Banzai!!

Nippon goku rill mish nathan guhlateri, nathan much serbice to Dai Nippon Teikoku in guhrate war too.

shinzo-abe-and-wife.jpg

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is my frank thought on nihon jun, i never like them cos' i know what they are like after working for them for short while. they are very shameless pple, look at their politicians, after the massive killings their ancestors did in world war 2, their current generation of leaders still can go back to pay respect to them. are they really sincere in apologizing to the countries they invaded during the war? think about it!:oIo:

History is often a one sided story told from the perspective of the Victors.

To the Japanes their fathers, sons and brothers died in defense of the nation and emperor. They were all honorable patriots.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The PAP and Lee Con You have learned this lesson very well from the Japs. Never apologize. Never apologize for losing billions of taxpayers rainy day funds through a fucked up relative running Stomachsick. Never apologize for working with the enemy during the war. Never apologize for spending over $300 million on YOG and not spending anything on our own atheletes. etc.