• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Whats the big deal with Joseph Schooling?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok we get it….he beat a legend and won singapores first gold…congrats….give him his reward, his parade and let him train harder to show the world he's not a one hit wonder.

What's with all the dissection about his NS and his background…as far as I can see he is 100% qualified to be a Singo…not a newcomer or a purchased 'talent'…he's the real deal.

Puerto Rico too won their first gold medal….

You don't see them making such a big fuckin deal about it….who fuckin cares?

Its not that important….this country has bigger problems to address.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not that important….this country has bigger problems to address.[/QUOTE]

V true, when u pay 800k for a Dustbin ur in deep shit.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok we get it….he beat a legend and won singapores first gold…congrats….give him his reward, his parade and let him train harder to show the world he's not a one hit wonder.

What's with all the dissection about his NS and his background…as far as I can see he is 100% qualified to be a Singo…not a newcomer or a purchased 'talent'…he's the real deal.

It is a big deal because this is the first time native born sinkie gets a gold.

however, if you feel that it is not important because the big deal isn't you.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I saw fb many says "well done, you have done us proud " , I started to ponder the meaning .
When I meet my foreign associates , do I feel proud ??
There is nothing for me to celebrate as the money award or fame is not mine and also not those in fb ? So far I only can see the proud is among the schoolings.
I need to think further what they actually means.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

are you going to throw trash on him? I will inform ISD then.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why is this a big deal?

Despite the policies of the PAP e.g. NS, encouraging a money culture. This Schooling fella has managed to break the mould & become an Olympic champion.

He will go into the history books like that Creative technology guy Sim.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why is this a big deal?

Despite the policies of the PAP e.g. NS, encouraging a money culture. This Schooling fella has managed to break the mould & become an Olympic champion.

His win shows up the fucked up policies of vile pap.
It's a big fuck you middle finger to pappies thus we are celebrating

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I saw fb many says "well done, you have done us proud " , I started to ponder the meaning .
There is nothing for me to celebrate as the money award or fame is not mine and also not those in fb ? So far I only can see the proud is among the schoolings.

must ask Tan Howe Liang

ST_20150830_SPTTOP30A_1644399.jpg

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is the one in 50 years Singapore win an Olympic medal.

We are proud of a young boy achievement and he is a Singapore born.

What we are even glad is OFLKY is not here to grab the glory.

What we are glad is the bad omen and karma of OFLKY has died with him and Singapore is reborn.

Glory to Singapore and abolish NSF.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
why is this a big deal?

Get a grip on yourself...you obviously have no idea....what mould has he broken?

He trained hard and swam really fast....that's it....well deserved win....I hope he gets his million dollars, commercial endorsement deals and whatever.

How does he make singapore proud? You think people are going to come up to you in parties or on the street and go "congrats, your boy won a gold medal?"

Monica Fuego won puerto rico's first gold in tennis too....I dont see ministers and whatnot hyping this up...you havent built a colony on mars....you just won ONE medal.

Real sporting glory is built on consistency...not some guy winning one gold....I want to see this boy do better next...lets see what hes made of.

Jamaica is a real story of sporting success....since 2008....a jamaican has always been in the top medals in the womens sprints...now that is a program a government or sports body can take credit for...not some flash in the pan fluke.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ofcos no big deal la ...

he's not from aris2cats, he's not from elites, he's not from 1 of their kind, he's not a big shot skolar, he's not from gahmen-backed ...

he's juz a lessa mortal ...

a lessa mortal can oni make lessa achievemen ...

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get a grip on yourself...you obviously have no idea....what mould has he broken?

He trained hard and swam really fast....that's it....well deserved win....I hope he gets his million dollars, commercial endorsement deals and whatever.

How does he make singapore proud? You think people are going to come up to you in parties or on the street and go "congrats, your boy won a gold medal?"

Monica Fuego won puerto rico's first gold in tennis too....I dont see ministers and whatnot hyping this up...you havent built a colony on mars....you just won ONE medal.

Real sporting glory is built on consistency...not some guy winning one gold....I want to see this boy do better next...lets see what hes made of.

Jamaica is a real story of sporting success....since 2008....a jamaican has always been in the top medals in the womens sprints...now that is a program a government or sports body can take credit for...not some flash in the pan fluke.

Get a grip on yourself ......... the mold that is broken is that a Sinkie needs Gahbrament support to succeed ........... this is dangerous if you are the PAP or the Gahbrament ........... more and more will question your policies and your propaganda ......... and yes the PAP Gahbrament has no intention of following the Jamaican model since it will engender confidence in the People .......... which will lead to yet more questioning of policies and propaganda .............

[video=youtube;pevih0odClg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevih0odClg[/video]

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

There's 2 aspects to it.

First, sinkies are proud as one of them had done exceptionally well to be recognized in a world class event.

Second, PAP needed an event to divert attention from the many issues being pursued by some awoken peasants, the latest being SMRT trains issues, sophisticated rubbish bin, cpf, etc. Un/under-employment, Fake Talents, hospital bed/negligence issues, cost of living, etc, being the long-time evergreen issues under the carpet.

Sure, is a big deal, only the objective depending who you ask.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

In terms of dolar and cents. The pundits are already putting a price tag Transfer fees

Of at least us$500 million. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its at 2 levels - one on a personal where the individual sits among a rare few in mankind. The second is that is completely destroys what the PAP has been saying all along. A govt that failed its own people with misguided policies and had little faith in its own.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By mould I mean the constraints imposed by the PAP. Now more people are questioning the policies of the gov't e.g. favouring foreigner talent over local talent, purpose of NS, behaviour of those in power,...

It reflects badly on how the PAP gov't behaves. Wasting the countries resources like sending MPs to Rio, holding a discussion in parliament,... The hypocrisy that is being exposed by the PAP gov't is really amazing.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

After 1 day of rethinking I finally got the actual meaning.
The meaning of "well done, you have done us proud" psychologically means sinkies wanted the world to have a false impression of sinkieland.
There are many people in the globe that have not visited or some even never heard of sinkieland.
When JS was speaking on medias with his accent and poise he gave those group of people the impression that sinkieland is a first world cuntry.
Hahaha bloody hell these sinkies. .living in delusion..

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its at 2 levels - one on a personal where the individual sits among a rare few in mankind. The second is that is completely destroys what the PAP has been saying all along. A govt that failed its own people with misguided policies and had little faith in its own.

"@JHJ:What's with all the dissection about his NS and his background…as far as I can see he is 100% qualified to be a Singo…not a newcomer or a purchased 'talent'…he's the real deal.

Puerto Rico too won their first gold medal…."

Who did Puerto Rico beat to win Gold ? Oh I dunno. Schooling pipped Mike Phelps. Think about it. Local Lad. He had to think, dream, plan and work to beat Phelps. The audacity. This is like the young Tiger Woods at his first Masters. From our own soil. Would some imported citizen feel that same pride in his achievement. Only true-blue Singaporeans are cheering. Oh except Woodie, still talking FTs. The man with foot-in-mouth disease. Incurable.