• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Where to find this kind of woman officer in the SAF?

jw5

Loyal
The ladies of 'When Duty Calls': Jasmine Sim, Paige Chua, Felicia Chin

from toggle sg online

ladies.jpg

Two of the roses among the thorns are Felicia Chin and Paige Chua, who play a combat medic and navy captain respectively.

Felicia, who now sports drastically cropped locks (courtesy of celebrity coiffurist David Gan), jokingly complained that her hair is now shorter than that of boyfriend Jeffrey Xu’s, but gushed about how much easier it is to take care of. The makeover was suggested by her stylists, who thought it would suit her and her character.

Besides the mane change, the 32-year-old is also watching war films, such as Hacksaw Ridge, to prepare for her role. She also plans to bulk up slightly in order to look more convincing as a fit army medical officer.

When we asked Paige why she didn’t follow in Feli’s footsteps and go for a short cut, the 35-year-old actress shared that it wasn’t her call. “I also thought I would need to look like a tough cookie, but my character, while firm and fierce when she’s on duty, is actually very gentle and feminine,” she said.

Paige also revealed a surprising fact about herself: before she went into modelling, she considered joining the military, and even applied to become a paramedic (however, she was rejected). “I was physically active so while I don’t think I’d made a perfect soldier, I wouldn’t be too bad!”

When Duty Calls premieres July 31, 9pm on Channel 8.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ladies of 'When Duty Calls': Jasmine Sim, Paige Chua, Felicia Chin

from toggle sg online

ladies.jpg

Two of the roses among the thorns are Felicia Chin and Paige Chua, who play a combat medic and navy captain respectively.

Felicia, who now sports drastically cropped locks (courtesy of celebrity coiffurist David Gan), jokingly complained that her hair is now shorter than that of boyfriend Jeffrey Xu’s, but gushed about how much easier it is to take care of. The makeover was suggested by her stylists, who thought it would suit her and her character.

Besides the mane change, the 32-year-old is also watching war films, such as Hacksaw Ridge, to prepare for her role. She also plans to bulk up slightly in order to look more convincing as a fit army medical officer.

When we asked Paige why she didn’t follow in Feli’s footsteps and go for a short cut, the 35-year-old actress shared that it wasn’t her call. “I also thought I would need to look like a tough cookie, but my character, while firm and fierce when she’s on duty, is actually very gentle and feminine,” she said.

Paige also revealed a surprising fact about herself: before she went into modelling, she considered joining the military, and even applied to become a paramedic (however, she was rejected). “I was physically active so while I don’t think I’d made a perfect soldier, I wouldn’t be too bad!”

When Duty Calls premieres July 31, 9pm on Channel 8.

are they triplets or wearing same face mask?

jw5

Loyal
Paige Chua looking good. :biggrin:

paige1.jpg

Paige Chua

While the actual bomb blasts and explosions will be added into the scene in post-production, with the help of special effects, Paige shared that she’d love to have the chance to experience a reel-life explosion, complete with real fire and special effects in one of her future dramas, if possible.

“I do feel honoured to be involved in this production. Other than being able to gain access to a number of top-secret military areas while filming, I’m also able to experience the feeling of being in a leadership role in the military (Paige plays a naval captain in the drama), without actually going through BMT (Basic Military Training) and enduring hardships,” Paige, who previously shared that a number of unsuspecting servicemen had greeted her while she was in character at a naval base, laughed.

jw5

Loyal
Bruises and body aches on the set of When Duty Calls

paige5.jpg

Paige Chua plays a Naval Captain

Is there anything special that you’ll prepare for outdoor shoots?
I have a special haversack filled with my filming essentials for outdoor shoots. I bring a lot of stuff actually, from moisturiser, to sunblock, lavender mist to destress and insect repellent. I also have these vitamin C tablets that have energy boosting ingredients in them to boost my energy for long shoots as well as mouthwash and my inhaler, as I’m asthmatic.

I also have a snack bag with biscuits, chocolate nuts, and tissue paper, as well as a portable fan.

I was afraid of getting seasick at first, as I’ve been to Bintan and Batam via ferry before, and if the waves got too big, I tend to feel a little sick. So, I prepared stuff like anti-seasickness pills and sea bands in preparation for the shoots. Luckily, when we went out to sea the other day, I didn’t feel sick, even though we were out on speedboats.

What’s the most challenging scene so far?
Definitely when we were filming the terrorist scene, when we spent the entire afternoon under the sun. We went out for the whole day, and docked at a place near Bintan, where we filmed the fight scenes. Luckily, the sea was calm and it didn’t rain.

Did you sustain any injuries from filming?
Yes! This is my second time getting injured, the first was during an earlier fight scene, where I sustained some superficial injuries. During that scene, I had to fight with three loan sharks.

I have quite a number of action scenes actually. Amongst the female cast members, I have the most fight scenes, around two to three.

During the recent fight scene, I had to confront a bunch of terrorists, but I only engaged in hand-to-hand combat with their leader. It was quite painful, as there was quite a number of NG (no-good) takes, so we had to keep re-shooting. He had to keep hitting the same area, [which explains the bruises on my arm].

jw5

Loyal
Must not forget about Felicia Chin. :biggrin:

felii.jpg

Felicia Chin plays a combat medic

What scene are you filming today?
Today’s a pretty important scene, we’re having outfield training today. I play a combat medic in the show, so I’m here as a trainer today. Later, I’ll have to “save” a trainee who sustained some injuries. I felt quite disappointed actually, as I really want to try wearing the camouflage face paint on Romeo and Desmond’s faces! I kept asking the director, “Are you sure I don’t need to apply the camouflage paint?”

On the first day I went to the camp for filming, I actually brought my pink umbrella along and used it everywhere I went. After a while, I felt bad and slightly embarrassed, as I was in full army uniform, and I felt that I had to respect the people in the camp as well. So for this show, I try to use my umbrella lesser.

Other than my umbrella, I actually brought along a foldable chair, as there’s a long wait in between each scene sometimes. I also have my bible and a portable fan with me.

I don’t really bring a first aid kit as the crew has one, but Pierre actually has his own first aid kit that he always brings along with him! But, most of the medication inside are actually expired, so we always laugh at him [for that].

I don’t have a lot of action scenes actually, the earthquake scene is the only “action” scene that I have.

[During that scene], I had to push Desmond aside to save him, and ended up getting squashed by a shelf.

I felt that the earthquake scene was quite a pity for me, as there’s quite a bit of CG (Computer Graphics) involved. Romeo and Desmond had to react and pretend that there were cracks appearing here and there as they ran. But, as I had fainted, I cannot react at all.

We filmed the earthquake scene three days ago, and my neck still aches now! My character fainted during the scene, so Desmond and Romeo had to carry me out. [As I had fainted], I have to make sure my body is relaxed, even when they run out! Desmond is pretty built as well, so it hurts when they run with me.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must not forget about Felicia Chin. :biggrin:

felii.jpg

Felicia Chin plays a combat medic

What scene are you filming today?
Today’s a pretty important scene, we’re having outfield training today. I play a combat medic in the show, so I’m here as a trainer today. Later, I’ll have to “save” a trainee who sustained some injuries. I felt quite disappointed actually, as I really want to try wearing the camouflage face paint on Romeo and Desmond’s faces! I kept asking the director, “Are you sure I don’t need to apply the camouflage paint?”

On the first day I went to the camp for filming, I actually brought my pink umbrella along and used it everywhere I went. After a while, I felt bad and slightly embarrassed, as I was in full army uniform, and I felt that I had to respect the people in the camp as well. So for this show, I try to use my umbrella lesser.

Other than my umbrella, I actually brought along a foldable chair, as there’s a long wait in between each scene sometimes. I also have my bible and a portable fan with me.

I don’t really bring a first aid kit as the crew has one, but Pierre actually has his own first aid kit that he always brings along with him! But, most of the medication inside are actually expired, so we always laugh at him [for that].

I don’t have a lot of action scenes actually, the earthquake scene is the only “action” scene that I have.

[During that scene], I had to push Desmond aside to save him, and ended up getting squashed by a shelf.

I felt that the earthquake scene was quite a pity for me, as there’s quite a bit of CG (Computer Graphics) involved. Romeo and Desmond had to react and pretend that there were cracks appearing here and there as they ran. But, as I had fainted, I cannot react at all.

We filmed the earthquake scene three days ago, and my neck still aches now! My character fainted during the scene, so Desmond and Romeo had to carry me out. [As I had fainted], I have to make sure my body is relaxed, even when they run out! Desmond is pretty built as well, so it hurts when they run with me.

Which guy is so lucky to get her to conduct CPR on him?

jw5

Loyal
Paige Chua looking cool on "When Duty Calls". :biggrin:

paige3.jpg

Paige looks mighty smart in her navy uniform, doesn't she?

Paige recommended everyone to check out the E-Mart at the camp, singing the praises of the backpacks and haversacks there.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paige Chua looking cool on "When Duty Calls". :biggrin:

paige3.jpg

Paige looks mighty smart in her navy uniform, doesn't she?

Paige recommended everyone to check out the E-Mart at the camp, singing the praises of the backpacks and haversacks there.

sports or normal bra underneath