• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Where to find this kind of woman officer in the SAF?

jw5

Loyal
Pilot : CPT Nah Jinping

pilot@2x.png

The epitome of extraordinary courage, competence, and character, CPT Nah Jinping not only breaks sound barriers – she also shatters your conventional idea of what a woman can, or cannot do.

Why did you choose to join the RSAF?

After college, I was in search of a road less travelled – a career that was exciting, different, and purposeful. As I was also extremely fascinated by airplanes, it was a natural choice for me to sign up to be a pilot.

What's it like being a female fighter pilot?

When I was a trainee, I started out trying to be one of the boys. But I soon realised that I should just be myself, and do my best in every aspect of training. Because ultimately, being a fighter pilot is not about gender, but what you are able to accomplish. While the mental and physical challenges involved are immense, nothing beats the satisfaction that you get when you overcome them.

What's the best thing about your job?

I love many things about my job – but the one thing that trumps it all is, of course, being able to fly the mighty Eagle (F-15SG) almost every day. There's no other feeling in the world that can replace the rush of flying so high and at the speed of sound. Plus, knowing that I'm doing all of this to protect the country and people that I love, it makes my job all the more rewarding.

jw5

Loyal
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Pilot | UAV Pilot :
CPT Winifred Chong

uav@2x.png

She crosses boundaries where no one else can go. She detects and identifies threats before they become known. And she obtains intelligence that's vital for the success of missions. Meet the RSAF's eye in the sky, LTA Winifred Chong.

I chose to join the Air Force, as I felt that it was a meaningful career that would allow me to contribute to the defence of my nation. It's a higher calling – which I chose to answer.

What's it like being a female officer in the air force?

Whether you are male or female, being a leader is never easy. Respect has to be earned, not given. So I set very high standards for myself and make sure that I am a worthy leader that others can respect. In the Air Force, your character and competency determine how far you can go. If you can excel in both, you will definitely shine.

What's the most exciting part about your job?

As a UAV Pilot and Intelligence Officer, my life is never stagnant. My job scope requires me to constantly travel to foreign lands to work in new and challenging environments. It widens my exposure, and allows me to improve my flying competency beyond the training grounds of Singapore. And that, I feel, is the most exciting part of the job.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Pilot | UAV Pilot :
CPT Winifred Chong

uav@2x.png

She crosses boundaries where no one else can go. She detects and identifies threats before they become known. And she obtains intelligence that's vital for the success of missions. Meet the RSAF's eye in the sky, LTA Winifred Chong.

I chose to join the Air Force, as I felt that it was a meaningful career that would allow me to contribute to the defence of my nation. It's a higher calling – which I chose to answer.

What's it like being a female officer in the air force?

Whether you are male or female, being a leader is never easy. Respect has to be earned, not given. So I set very high standards for myself and make sure that I am a worthy leader that others can respect. In the Air Force, your character and competency determine how far you can go. If you can excel in both, you will definitely shine.

What's the most exciting part about your job?

As a UAV Pilot and Intelligence Officer, my life is never stagnant. My job scope requires me to constantly travel to foreign lands to work in new and challenging environments. It widens my exposure, and allows me to improve my flying competency beyond the training grounds of Singapore. And that, I feel, is the most exciting part of the job.

Such a coked up name

jw5

Loyal
Air Warfare Officer (Command, Control and Communications) : CPT Gurdeep Kaur

awo@2x.png

Every day, the words of CPT Gurdeep Kaur send our most advanced assets soaring towards where they're required most. But when the RSAF was called upon to aid in disaster relief, her actions proved to speak even louder than her words.

How would you describe the RSAF's organisational culture?

Team excellence definitely features very highly in the RSAF. No one works alone, and whatever you do has an impact on the next person down the line. Even though you have a certain role to fulfill, you will still look out for your team at the end of the day. No matter what happens, you will always ensure that those beside you are doing their job safely and doing it well.

What is the work-life balance like in the Air Force?

Sometimes it can be challenging to manage as well as balance family and work commitments (especially with 3 kids to juggle), but it helps to have an understanding family and thoughtful bosses. While it can get a little hectic sometimes, I am fortunate in that I don't have to pick between the two and get to enjoy proper work-life balance.

What was your proudest moment in the Air Force?

It was when we were called up for OFE (Operation Flying Eagle) after the Indian Ocean Tsunami struck. My airbase was tasked with deploying the helicopters that supported the relief missions, so I was sent to Sumatra to assist in the orchestration of operations. Being able to contribute to and be part of the Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) effort was especially meaningful to me.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, she got parachutist badge, marksmanship badge and jungle survival badge. So good one ah? SAF now giving badge for every fucking thing. Next got go to the toilet and wipe backside badge or not? Last time, jungle survival course where got badge?

desmondquek.jpg

This one lagi more medals...I heard all from cornflake boxes.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.facebook.com/mindefsg/p...166051.276015381058/10154402305036059/?type=3

Officer Cadet (OCT) Koh En Qi's calling came when she attended the Navy Women's Seminar back in February last year. From the talk, she realised the need for a strong military to safeguard Singapore, and wanted to do her part for the nation's defence. She hopes to do this by leading and motivating her men to give their all to protect Singapore.
"One person cannot improve the landscape of Singapore’s defence single-handedly but many people with the same ideals and beliefs working together will be able to. A simple way to start will be to hold the eight SAF core values close to our hearts, to guide us in our actions. I believe these principles will shape us into competent servicemen and women to defend our land."
With this mindset, the 20-year-old signed on with the Navy, and excelled in the Officer Cadet Course by clinching a Sword of Merit award. OCT Koh is one of the 475 officer cadets who will be receiving their 2nd Lieutenant rank at the Officer Cadet Commissioning Parade held at the SAFTI Military Institute this evening.

jw5

Loyal
Air Warfare Officer (Ground-based Air Defence) | AWO (GBAD) : LTA Ng Pin Ning

gbad@2x.png

LTA Ng Pin Ning works with the world's most advanced anti-aircraft weapons, keeping the skies of Singapore safe – from the ground-up.

What were the challenges you faced as a female AWO (GBAD)?

I have high expectations of myself, so I always take the extra step to do more during training and in operations. This is to ensure that I raise the standard for my team, as well as to prove that I am a leader they can trust. With that being said, I think the challenges that I face are the same as everyone else on the team. We strive hard together to excel in what we do. And when we're out in the field, everyone looks out for one another, regardless of gender.

Was your training tough?

Cadet days were definitely physically demanding. During my Summary Exercise, I was required to march with the weapon system and my full battle order right after four days of non-stop activities. I almost crumbled. However, with help and motivation from my peers, I managed to pull through. The training was tough, but the friendship and camaraderie that it led to will be something that I will cherish for a lifetime.

Why would you recommend joining this vocation?

Being an AWO (GBAD) is something quite different from the rest of the vocations in the RSAF. It's like a hybrid between the Army and the Air Force – we are deployed in the field, but work with the rest of the RSAF as a network. The job is highly demanding, but the sense of achievement is equally high. So, if you are out to challenge yourself and build strong bonds with the people around you, this vocation is for you.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Air Warfare Officer (Ground-based Air Defence) | AWO (GBAD) : LTA Ng Pin Ning

gbad@2x.png

LTA Ng Pin Ning works with the world's most advanced anti-aircraft weapons, keeping the skies of Singapore safe – from the ground-up.

I have high expectations of myself, so I always take the extra step to do more during training and in operations. This is to ensure that I raise the standard for my team, as well as to prove that I am a leader they can trust. With that being said, I think the challenges that I face are the same as everyone else on the team. We strive hard together to excel in what we do. And when we're out in the field, everyone looks out for one another, regardless of gender.

Was your training tough?

Cadet days were definitely physically demanding. During my Summary Exercise, I was required to march with the weapon system and my full battle order right after four days of non-stop activities. I almost crumbled. However, with help and motivation from my peers, I managed to pull through. The training was tough, but the friendship and camaraderie that it led to will be something that I will cherish for a lifetime.

Being an AWO (GBAD) is something quite different from the rest of the vocations in the RSAF. It's like a hybrid between the Army and the Air Force – we are deployed in the field, but work with the rest of the RSAF as a network. The job is highly demanding, but the sense of achievement is equally high. So, if you are out to challenge yourself and build strong bonds with the people around you, this vocation is for you.

Wearing a bra, having periods monthly.

Was your training tough?

Yes, I cannot erect fast enough.

I see many cocks daily.

jw5

Loyal
She is quite a chiobu. :biggrin:

Air Force Engineer - Maintenance | AFE (M) : ME2 Crystal Soh

maintenance@2x.png

A pilot may be responsible for flying and landing the aircraft. But there's also a whole team of dedicated professionals working behind the scenes, making sure that it is in top condition to fly. ME2 Crystal Soh is one of them.

What's the most rewarding part of your job?

Personally, I get great satisfaction when I see the aircraft that I’ve spend hours maintaining take flight. Knowing this equipment helps our pilots fulfill their duties efficiently and safely fills me with pride to be part of their success. But the most rewarding part would be the overseas humanitarian and peacekeeping missions. These missions widen my perspective about life, and are truly worthwhile, as I get to use my knowledge and skills to help people who are in need.

Do you think women get the same opportunities in the air force?

Yes. I undergo the same training and I'm equipped with the same knowledge and skills as everyone else. There's nothing in this job that a woman cannot do. And when it comes to opportunities, we all get ample room to grow and develop professionally. I would say that, if you are willing to learn and work hard, you will succeed.

What's the work-life balance like in the RSAF?

The RSAF has always been supportive of endeavours outside of work. The 5-day work week allows me to pursue my interests and hobbies. Parent care leave lets me take care of my parents when they need help. And the FLEXible Benefits Scheme (FLEX) has given me the financial aid to further my studies. To be honest, I've also never had problems with taking leave – even urgent leave – as long as the reasons are fair.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
jw5, don't post those SAF women photos liao lah. They just make me want to bescumber them.