• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious is it neccesary to insure for CI?

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been asked many times to buy insurance against Critical Illness which I don't have any now.
is it necessary?
now only have Aviva disability plan
prudential hospitalal plan
cpf medisave

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have been asked many times to buy insurance against Critical Illness which I don't have any now.
is it necessary?
now only have Aviva disability plan
prudential hospitalal plan
cpf medisave
If you have a critical illness no insurance company is going to cover you.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Main problem is it does not cover you when you most need it- as many cover only until 60 years of age.

Chances of having these critical illness are highest after 60-ironical?

By 60 all your kids should have grown up and are independent so you won't need insurance.

Those who feel they need insurance beyond 60 can buy whole life with ci cover. But who would need it anyway?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Main problem is it does not cover you when you most need it- as many cover only until 60 years of age.

Chances of having these critical illness are highest after 60-ironical?

It isn't ironical at all. It's perfectly logical. Insurance isn't needed most after 60. It is needed most when someone is just starting out in life.

It's tailored to provide cover for the period where critical illness is least expected ie when a person is young, heavily in debt and has dependents to feed.

By the time one is 60 the debts should be paid, the children should be grown up and independent and the mind should be ready to accept the fact that the inevitable will soon happen.