• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious More Than Half of Sinkie Companies Have Staff Mentally Absent! Retrench Them Please!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
MORE than half of Singapore companies have experienced staff who are physically present but mentally absent.

This phenomenon, termed "inner resignation", has been observed in 57 per cent of Singapore businesses, according to recruitment firm Robert Half.

It tends be more common in large- and medium-sized companies, with 68 per cent of companies seeing it, compared to 32 per cent of small organisations. The findings came from its survey of 100 chief financial officers and finance directors in Singapore, as part of an international workplace study.

"Inner resignation is often overlooked by employers, especially in workplaces where employees are left alone to get on with their jobs," explained senior managing director David Jones. "Employers need to be more vigilant in looking for signs that an employee is mentally disengaged, such as a lack of motivation for bonuses or advancement or a drop in productivity."

The group found that most of the finance leaders surveyed use a range of strategies to prevent inner resignation, such as promoting employee appreciation (67 per cent), encouraging open communication (49 per cent) and ensuring job fit (47 per cent).

Mr Jones added that employees also need to take responsibility for their satisfaction at work. "If an employee finds they have accepted inner resignation, then they should identify the cause of their dissatisfaction and raise the matter with their employer during their performance review. If the issue cannot be resolved then they are better off seeking a new job than lingering in a role they are unhappy with."

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/gov...ntally-absent-in-over-half-of-singapore-firms

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: More Than Half of Sinkie Companies Have Staff Mentally Absent! Retrench Them Plea

I have inner resignation about my life,I have inner resignation in ns,I have inner resignation about being ruled by PAP,I have inner resignation about living in sg.is there any way to quit and redo everything?