• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sharing Experience of Lion City Rental & World Auto Pte Ltd

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vehicle : – Rental Car, Nissan Sylphy (white color)
Rental Company: - Lion City Rentals LCR
Workshop : – World Auto Pte Ltd (appointed workshop by LCR)

• 3-car chain accident along AYE, my vehicle being the last vehicle of the chain … means I am liable for all claims. Followed the procedure, report to World Auto Pte Ltd, make accident report & leave the vehicle there.

acc2.jpg

• Meanwhile I sent pictures of the damages to outside garage for an estimate, $800/- was the quote from outside garage & require 2 days to repair.

acc4.jpg

• World Auto have carry out their damage access & informed me the next day, their quotation was $2,200/-, repair period a week. I do not agree with their quote & wish to shift the car to an outside garage. World Auto said no “in their so-call professional way”. I stop any further discussion with this workshop, give up. I approach LCR, hoping to get their permission.

• Once I reach LCR office & relate the whole incident, they shown me a section of my Rental Contract. Yes .. it is in black & white, I have signed & now LL

acc7.jpg

• Next … LCR confirm they do not allow their vehicle to be fixed by other workshop, full stop. Must be through this costly World Auto workshop.

• LCR negotiated on my behalf with World Auto workshop for a lower $1,800/- deal. The repair period is still a week, nothing can be faster. (final & no more bargain)

acc5.jpg

• During the entire repair period, I still have to pay my daily rental ($70 x 7 = $490) in cash, since Uber can no longer offset it from my weekly earnings. In the end, i gave LCR official notice to return vehicle instead.

acc9.jpg

• I also need to pay up Third Party Access Claims $2,140/-

I am sharing my experience with all Uber drivers who have rented their vehicle with LCR.

In the end, the seamless coordination between LCR & World Auto is flawless & I’m left with $4,556/- out of pocket.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since its rental how come dun have max amount you're liable for?
Moral of story beware of fine print before you sign on anything

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is how rental company + Uber make money. The insurance excess etc will kill you. Only way is to use own car if you wish to drive for Uber. Just top up insurance premium + other paperwork with ROC etc.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recourse and help for the small man and woman is practically non-existent. They will ask you to see MP. In a first world country, Ombudsman system operate for nearly all industries such as Telcos, Insurance, Banking, Utilities etc. Consumers can lodge a complaint and as Ombudsman are independent they get a fair assessment. No cost to the consumer. Its took decades to get a basic of lemon laws for products purchased but very rudimentary.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recourse and help for the small man and woman is practically non-existent. They will ask you to see MP. In a first world country, Ombudsman system operate for nearly all industries such as Telcos, Insurance, Banking, Utilities etc. Consumers can lodge a complaint and as Ombudsman are independent they get a fair assessment. No cost to the consumer. Its took decades to get a basic of lemon laws for products purchased but very rudimentary.

But why? How cum? We have the highest paid civil service in the world and it should not be difficult for them to do a copy paste of similar processes. Too busy golfing? Or learning French cuisine? :confused:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is how rental company + Uber make money. The insurance excess etc will kill you. Only way is to use own car if you wish to drive for Uber. Just top up insurance premium + other paperwork with ROC etc.

Yup. You can only make a decent living if you use your own car. If rental, $1800-2000 goes to the car rental company.

Much easier to make it in the US or even in M'sia coz cars are cheap and no need to rent.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. You can only make a decent living if you use your own car. If rental, $1800-2000 goes to the car rental company.

Much easier to make it in the US or even in M'sia coz cars are cheap and no need to rent.

Just you wait. It will not be long before it becomes common to see Malaysia registered cars ferrying passengers in SG.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont worry got taxi driver boast can make 6000$ in 1 month. Ask krafty 2000$ is sup sup water to him.