• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The stationary flat Earth

Do you think the Earth is flat and stationary?

• I'm not sure...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
B. Pasir Ris Park to East Coast Park on a straight line is 13km. Earth's diameter can't be 13km. Do your Maths again.
It was a typo; I think he meant "13k" km, but forgot to type the second "k".
By the way, I'm not his clone, if that's what anyone is suspecting.

Because every tangent at every single point of a curve is flat! Go figure. Bwahahahahahahaa...
So we're not standing on a flat Earth, but on tangents? :eek:

[video=youtube;fcteYfOMgJg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcteYfOMgJg[/video]

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earth diameter is 12,742 km. Not 13.

But the point now is..

Does a Flat Earth have a diameter? Isn't diameter for anything circular?

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

But the point now is..

Own self check own self lah...
By the way, the darks spots on the chichis are definitely circular!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing wrong with it,the flat earth was once considered the universal truth or logic,those who claimed otherwise was thought as crazy or witches.
So what are u?a flat earther or crazy/witch?for me I want to believe that the truth is out there.

In science,we must remain open to all possibilities and eventualities.we must try our hardest to disprove something,not stay stubbornly stuck to our archaic preconceptions.

Even bibles are trying their best to adapt and stay modern,they are publishing articles of biblical science and modern world issues along with a touch of his lordship's mysticism.to keep up with modern time's universal truths and conceptions and "popular science" preached by modern soothsayers like michio kaku and the black guy.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
In science,we must remain open to all possibilities and eventualities.we must try our hardest to disprove something,not stay stubbornly stuck to our archaic preconceptions.

I'm stubbornly waiting for hugs to disprove my proposition that the dark spots on her chichis are circular in shape.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scenario 1. I am inside my bedroom. I jump up and landed on the same spot of where I started. You think that proves the Earth is not moving?
Yes, the Earth is not moving, which is why it's possible to jump from, and land on, the same spot.

Scenario 2. I am inside a moving MRT train. I jump up and landed on the same spot of where I started. The train is moving.
That's because the train is moving and your body is moving at the same speed, while it's standing.
But how high can you jump? Let's say one foot before landing within two seconds. It's only two seconds, so your body would obviously still be moving at the same speed as the train's while in the air, enabling it to land on the starting point.

Scenario 3. The aeroplanes and the Earth are all moving. Aeroplanes are inside Earth atmosphere, just like me inside the moving train.
When you were inside the moving train preparing to jump, your body was standing on a solid object that was, at the same time, pressing against the Earth, enabling you to move at the same speed as the train's, before jumping and staying airborne for only two seconds.
As for aeroplanes:
1. The atmosphere that aeroplanes fly in is obviously not solid,
2. The time that aeroplanes spend in the atmosphere is certainly well over two seconds, not to mention aeroplanes can change their flying speeds while in the air,
3. And aeroplanes do not take off vertically, nor do they jump.
So the physics for aeroplanes is different, right? :wink:

Scenario 4. I am on top of a moving MRT train. I jump up and landed on a different spot of where I started.
Were you hoping to land on the same spot? :confused:

Scenario 5. Space rockets and the Earth are all moving. Space rockets are outside of Earth atmosphere.
[video=youtube;5e-RnKAN9qY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e-RnKAN9qY[/video]

So that aeroplanes video proves nothing.
Well, obviously, I disagree because that video alone truly proves that the Earth is really not moving. :wink:

Yes, that would be correct IF the Earth is a perfect sphere, spinning at roughly 1,000 miles per hour and taking 24 hours to complete one revolution, resulting in a circumference of roughly 24,000 miles and a diameter of nearly 8,000 miles.

But the point now is..

Just like what PretenderSam said:
the south pole is actually a vertical wall on the circumference of the circle flat earth.
the flat Earth can and must have a diameter if it is also circular.

And obviously, I would say that the Earth is definitely flat, stationary and circular, therefore it has a diameter. :wink:

Last edited:

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) If the earth was spherical, the angular distance from the equator will increase if you move up or down. If the earth was flat, there would be no such thing called angular distance. Go search the web for the definition of latitude.

2) The sun burns at 5500 degrees celsius. The 30 degrees difference between summer and winter is nothing, and I won't be surprised if a 'few' million kilometers will make that difference.

3) From the web: 'The first men to reach the Geographic South Pole were the Norwegian Roald Amundsen and his party on December 14, 1911.' Also from the web: South pole travel guides bringing tourists to visit the south pole. If you want, you can find someone lucky enough to travel to the south pole, and ask them if it is an elongated wall surrounding the circumference of the earth. Or even better, see for yourself when you're on a plane flying there. In fact the reason why the spherical earth theory holds is because if you measure the shapes and calculate the landmass of each country, you find that they will not add up if the earth were to be flat instead.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
C. If it is a vertical wall around, those folks could have done a PRC signature move of vandalising those walls indicating they've reached the ends of the world. And please tell them not to scale those walls. They will hear Adele's song.

Haha hahaha touche ....

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
'That's because the train is moving and your body is moving at the same speed, while it's standing.' So you admit relativity is a thing. Since relativity is a thing, it wouldn't matter if the earth was spinning or not because we are measuring the speed of the planes relative to the earth.

The train's 'atmosphere' is not solid either, but you still land on the same spot when you jump. The time spent in the air does not matter as well because if you had a helicopter and flew directly upwards, then went back down, you will still land on the same spot relative to the earth. With a sphere Earth, when a plane flies straight, you will eventually come back to the same spot no matter what direction you fly in. But with a flat earth, that won't happen.

Yes, the Earth is not moving, which is why it's possible to jump from, and land on, the same spot.

That's because the train is moving and your body is moving at the same speed, while it's standing.
But how high can you jump? Let's say one foot before landing within two seconds. It's only two seconds, so your body would obviously still be moving at the same speed as the train's while in the air, enabling it to land on the starting point.

When you were inside the moving train preparing to jump, your body was standing on a solid object that was, at the same time, pressing against the Earth, enabling you to move at the same speed as the train's, before jumping and staying airborne for only two seconds.
As for aeroplanes:
1. The atmosphere that aeroplanes fly in is obviously not solid,
2. The time that aeroplanes spend in the atmosphere is certainly well over two seconds, not to mention aeroplanes can change their flying speeds while in the air,
3. And aeroplanes do not take off vertically, nor do they jump.
So the physics for aeroplanes is different, right? :wink:

Were you hoping to land on the same spot? :confused:

[video=youtube;5e-RnKAN9qY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e-RnKAN9qY[/video]

Well, obviously, I disagree because that video alone truly proves that the Earth is really not moving. :wink:

Yes, that would be correct IF the Earth is a perfect sphere, spinning at roughly 1,000 miles per hour and taking 24 hours to complete one revolution, resulting in a circumference of roughly 24,000 miles and a diameter of nearly 8,000 miles.

And obviously, I would say that the Earth is definitely flat, stationary and circular, therefore it has a diameter. :wink:

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would have shown you my chichis but that post is so rude. What is ownself check ownself? Of all my posts, you quoted this one.

Own self check own self lah...
By the way, the darks spots on the chichis are definitely circular!

I'm stubbornly waiting for hugs to disprove my proposition that the dark spots on her chichis are circular in shape.

Why do the chichis elude me? Woe is me...

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
@flatearther, this is fun. I enjoy the argument with you:p but I have decided to see your point and let you win.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i would have shown you my chichis but that post is so rude. What is ownself check ownself? Of all my posts, you quoted this one.

Oh dear, oh dear... The own self check own self was in reference to PretenderSam's post on the 13km mark.

It wasn't intentional on the selection of your posts to our flatearther, it was a nagging thought at the back of my mind that couldn't be set to rest until your chichis are shown, you see?

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok before I let others take over the argument with you, I would like to say that we have established the Earth being circular. Meaning, I say it is a sphere while you say it is flat, but we both agree it is circular. Now, if it is flat, then what is the height? If I dig deep enough, would i reach the end of that height and come out the other side? Circular and flat, it has a circumference and a height. Like a cylinder.

But the point now is..

Yes, the Earth is not moving..

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Ok before I let others take over the argument with you, I would like to say that we have established the Earth being circular. Meaning, I say it is a sphere while you say it is flat, but we both agree it is circular. Now, if it is flat, then what is the height? If I dig deep enough, would i reach the end of that height and come out the other side? Circular and flat, it has a circumference and a height. Like a cylinder.

Teehee... We are the proverbial frogs in that well... You could further enlighten the masses with the images of your chichis :p:p:p

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are ordinary. I have two. Not three:p

Oh dear, oh dear... The own self check own self was in reference to PretenderSam's post on the 13km mark.

It wasn't intentional on the selection of your posts to our flatearther, it was a nagging thought at the back of my mind that couldn't be set to rest until your chichis are shown, you see?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
They are ordinary. I have two. Not three:p

Would be quite a sight if you had three! I'm not greedy, a pair is good! Show us, for the sake of circular objects and logic, pretty please :p:p:p