• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Let's boycott Ampang yong tau hoo

tanny

Alfrescian
Loyal
The boss or manager of Ampang Yong tau hoo along East Coast Road is arrogant. They have lousy service n do not accept 5 cents coins. I thought 5 cent is legal tender in Singapore. My bowl of Ampang Yong tau hoo cost $9.80. I paid with notes n 2 five cents coins. But the boss/manager crudely rejected my 5 cents coins. I left without eating. Shall we boycott them?

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats outrageous, its not as if u gave him the 9.80 all in 5c. anyway ampang and fulin both overated, just support your local hawker ytf can liao

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
that time i also got one similar experience with a kway teow mee stall at toa payoh, the siar lan beng damn fucking rude, "dont give me 5c lah, why you give me 5c??" i told him if he dont want the 5c then he can keep his bowl of cooked noodle and he lppl :biggrin:

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
next time you purposely go again and pay him with a bag full of 5c coins, then when he start to cow peh, you apologise to him and say you got notes too, and take out a $1000 bill :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
The boss or manager of Ampang Yong tau hoo along East Coast Road is arrogant. They have lousy service n do not accept 5 cents coins. I thought 5 cent is legal tender in Singapore. My bowl of Ampang Yong tau hoo cost $9.80. I paid with notes n 2 five cents coins. But the boss/manager crudely rejected my 5 cents coins. I left without eating. Shall we boycott them?

How's the yong tau hoo? Ho jiak boh? :biggrin:

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
I alrdy boycotted that Punggol nasi lemak..i just asked for xtra 2/3 slices more of cucumber n she refuted me by saying-"ah tee arrh, aw beh gor wo jin zhue lang" means my request was rejected as the queue was still very long..bloody hell! I am full now..

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)

No need to boycott that stall,me and my wife have eaten there and it will be our last cause both of us agree their yong tau foo taste like rubber balls or something like that..
the original one above in jln imbi is still the besteresterest.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ate there once, and that was ages ago.
The food, frankly, is nothing to shout about. Don't know why what's so great about it. Had better ytf.....

Anyway that was the 1st and last time.......

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ate there once, and that was ages ago.
The food, frankly, is nothing to shout about. Don't know why what's so great about it. Had better ytf.....

Anyway that was the 1st and last time.......

I think it's because Malaysian style type of yong tauhoo is hard to find here.....
Deep fried Meat stuff with gravy type.....
Of course the ones here sang fight with original matland one.....
If got craving but dun want patronize ampang can try this one stall in siglap coffeeshop next to siglap v.....fu lin Yong tauhoo

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it's because Malaysian style type of yong tauhoo is hard to find here.....
Deep fried Meat stuff with gravy type.....
Of course the ones here sang fight with original matland one.....
If got craving but dun want patronize ampang can try this one stall in siglap coffeeshop next to siglap v.....fu lin Yong tauhoo

Thanks Narong, will give it a try.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

What's so special about their yong tau hoo? Their fishballs, fish cakes and other tau hoo are probably factory made like any other yong tau hoo. Why pay them a premium for the same stuff you can get from the supermarket?