• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Bad News

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The strange thing is when I talk to my friends who are mothers, they all support their sons going NS saying it will help to toughen and instil discipline in their sons.

Ask them if they also support NS for females?
If they think it is good for guys, then it must surely be good for girls?
In this age of sexual equality what is good for guys must also certainly be good for girls. :smile:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this age of sexual equality what is good for guys must also certainly be good for girls. :smile:

Yes, mothers must put their money where their mouths are

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok I ask them next time. I think they will support to send their daughters for NS also lah. Why not? Afterall mothers usually favour sons, if they can support sending their sons to NS, why not daughters? The reasons they gave is nowadays children are very pampered especially with maid around. They just throw their clothes everywhere, so sending to NS can toughen them up and instill discipline.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, mothers must put their money where their mouths are

Aiyah they do lah, their sons are very precious to them and yet they support sending to NS. One of my friends even resigned half year to guide her son for PSLE. That's alot of sacrifice for her son considering she has a high pay job.

jw5

Loyal
2015 statistics show:

1. More Singaporeans are getting divorced
2. Less Singaporeans are getting married
3. Men are getting married older
4. Females are getting married older at 28+. They have less chance of getting pregnant

The above show gloom and doom for Singapore's procreation and is bad news

Does PAP realise that their bad policies are the main factors that cause the above bad news? More stress, unstable employment. high cost of living, poor worklife balance, uncertainties, etc all contribute to less marriages and singaporeans opting not to hv children.

How are these bad news? They are good news! :biggrin:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All conscription-supporting mothers must be rounded up and sent to SAF camps as comfort women for warrant officers.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah they do lah, their sons are very precious to them and yet they support sending to NS. One of my friends even resigned half year to guide her son for PSLE. That's alot of sacrifice for her son considering she has a high pay job.

that's good

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
2015 statistics show:

1. More Singaporeans are getting divorced
2. Less Singaporeans are getting married
3. Men are getting married older
4. Females are getting married older at 28+. They have less chance of getting pregnant

The above show gloom and doom for Singapore's procreation and is bad news

Does PAP realise that their bad policies are the main factors that cause the above bad news? More stress, unstable employment. high cost of living, poor worklife balance, uncertainties, etc all contribute to less marriages and singaporeans opting not to hv children.

Sinkies on the other hand, are earning more money. Their median family income has gone up, unemployment remains low, most sinkies have benefited from rising HDB prices and home ownership. Most of us have seen our properties appreciate by large amounts, especially those of us who bought our homes many years ago.