• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hard times for the beer lady

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.soshiok.com/articles/12255

Hard times for the beer lady
Wed Apr 01 2009
Kenny Chee

beersk.jpg

my paper .Beer ladies at neighbourhood coffeeshops seem to have more free time as drinkers cut back on their nightly alcohol binge.

Singapore, April 1, 2009 - BEER ladies at neighbourhood coffee shops seem to have more free time these days as drinkers cut back on their nightly alcohol binge.

Coffee-shop operators told my paper that fewer are turning up for beer, even as business for tea and coffee remains largely unaffected.

“People still drink coffee and tea every day as a part of their lifestyle. It’s cheap as well,” said Mr Wee Jee Seng, executive secretary of the Kheng Keow Coffee Merchants Restaurant and Bar-Owners Association.

Still, beer ladies, like the one from an Upper Serangoon coffee shop who gave her name only as Ms Yew, are confident that they would not be out of a job just yet.

“Customers complain about the tough times but the regulars still order their beer,” she said.

The Foochow Coffee Restaurant and Bar Merchants Association said that due largely to a drop in beer consumption, the association’s coffee shops have generally seen a 10 to 20 per cent fall in business in the first two months of this year, compared to the same period last year.

Mr Hong Poh Hin, the first vice-chairman of the association, said customers now order, for example, “two or three” bottles when, in the past, they would order up to six.

Industry players told my paper that beer orders from coffee shops had dropped by as much as 10 per cent this quarter, compared to the last quarter.

But that does not mean drinkers have stopped altogether.

Money changer Tan Chee Wee, 36, still drinks more at pubs than coffee shops, even though it can be pricier. “My friends prefer pubs as they have air-conditioning, as well as better service and atmosphere,” said Mr Tan.

niterider69

The place is at Ang Mo Kio ave 8, blk 721, previously called "A star" kopitiam, now with new name and new management. Lots of beer lady had move over to S-11 kopitiam. She is Celine, been working there for quiet sometimes. You can find here there.

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah.. just look for GaryNg can oredi. He'll screw them all, young n old, fat or thin.. Got hole can oredi.. :rolleyes: