• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Brexit, and its aftermath

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: who is the biggest winner of brexit?

I only know a bunch of loser Sinkie who emigrate to UK when 1 pound is $3 ,gave up their Singaporean citizenship , withdraw all their CPF and put all their wealth there.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

george soros and jim rogers, plus other sharks shorting the pound and footsie to death

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I only know a bunch of loser Sinkie who emigrate to UK when 1 pound is $3 ,gave up their Singaporean citizenship , withdraw all their CPF and put all their wealth there.

Those I know are enjoying life there, as in Canada, Australia, Finland, Israel, USA....I know people who had done that....those, 'put their tails' between their legs & sneak back, ARE THE LOSERS!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks like you are not aware what happening outside Singapore. These people are now sitting on houses that are worth 3 to 4 times. Their children are in positions that locals cannot compare. Medical is completely free and their pension is good. Frankly I know of one guy who is a lawyer who returned here after his spongins time in jail for cheating the Govt. Stupid fellow did not take up Citizenship after close to 20 years in the UK and was deported after his time in prison.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why UK took Brexit - and its implications

Yes. The nectar of cheap labour is always tempting. Interesting that you mentioned his wage policy in the 80s. At that time Goh, Hon and Ngiam pushed for high value add industries. Then we had an economic hiccup in 84/85. The employers pushed to bring down labour costs by reducing CPF contribution. The Economic recovery taskforce was led by LHL and he yielded. It kept on dropping. Employers were hooked and some moved to chap labour business because of the margins.

Fate gave us an Economist for the first 20years and then gave us a mathematician. We now have a economist reporting to a mathematician.

The lesson is that once you have a dependence on cheap labour you are courting disaster ? To be fair to the government , they identified productivity as a major issue for at least 40 years if not more. The trouble is they took a number of disastrous turns, beginning with the high wage policy in the 80's. Then they lost their way because of the single minded focus on GDP.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't be sour grapes lah.

I have relatives in places like Australia, Canada,... they live in bungalows. Some homes even have swimming pools. They usually have 2 cars. Some even take public transport to work because it is cheap & reliable. They are living the middle class lifestyle.

They have to pay high income tax but it is not a zero sum game. In return the children get free education, everyone gets affordable comprehensive medical insurance, unemployment, ... etc They sometimes complain about the high taxes but interestingly none have returned to Spore :smile:

You can't blame the ex-Sporeans for looking for greener pastures. If you want someone to blame, blame the PAP for NS, cronyism, high hidden taxes, depressing the wages, making things so expensive,...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said. Covered it all in a concise summary.

I have relatives in places like Australia, Canada,... they live in bungalows. Some homes even have swimming pools. They usually have 2 cars. Some even take public transport to work because it is cheap & reliable. They are living the middle class lifestyle.

They have to pay high income tax but it is not a zero sum game. In return the children get free education, everyone gets affordable comprehensive medical insurance, unemployment, ... etc They sometimes complain about the high taxes but interestingly none have returned to Spore :smile:

You can't blame the ex-Sporeans for looking for greener pastures. If you want someone to blame, blame the PAP for NS, cronyism, high hidden taxes, depressing the wages, making things so expensive,...

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tos loser who migrate there during the early 70's are all retired comfortably, owned their own appt in London, able to returned Spore and buy a hdb pigeon hole for their Parents during the mid 80's, every yr whole family travel europe for holiday. Knn, stuck here till today still got to tink abt feeding Pappies.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Excellent, thanks.

Many blind and dumb singaporeans believe the pap that SG taxes are low.

You are very wise and very well informed

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah, and one wonders why ppl still queuing up to buy british pound AFTER Brexit......