• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Brexit, and its aftermath

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: UK reclaims its sovereignty - Watch the country shape its future

They want to stop this?

Immigrants, once they reached certain population level, will become territorial and claim other country as theirs. Singapore is not spared too.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Populism won the day, British people,like the rest of the world, DISLIKE immigrants who want their jobs .
Singapore is the only exception, why? it is obvious that PAP is King of Populism, it managed to manufacture its own Populism, that immigrants are super good for Singapore, that was how PAP was one of the very few ruling parties which did not see regime change in the last election after it announced it wanted to increase population to 10 million officially, this little red dot is confirmed GONE case, thanks to the cons of PAP plus a great master con.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Brexit - Britain exit from the EU - What does it mean?

The results are finalised. Britain has voted to be out of EU.

Actually, the reason why Britain wanted to join the EU in the first place was because Britain wasn't doing very well economically at all initially. So leaving EU won't make much of a difference economically if they didn't do well before joining.
Unless they change their economic policies and government spendings, it's same old, same old or even worse.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

UK is now an excellent case study subject for sociologists, population scientists, political and economic think tanks to analyse the voting patterns and identify the various trends based on demographics. London constituencies overwhelming voted to remain with massive margins in some case up to 70%. London is also host to biggest group of EU migrants who naturally have kin in the EU. Birmingham which is UK's second biggest city which also has a large population of migrants from the Commonwealth countries and not the EU voted to exit.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

It's a pity it's Friday. My stupid bank where my trading account is held does not accept positions over the weekend.

My advice.... now it the time to buy. Remember the contrarian always comes out on top.

You're not going to catch the trough but all you have to do is put in 2 to 3% of what you budget for this exercise every couple of days over the next month or so and follow the roller coaster through its lowest point.

As the dust settles and things become clearer, markets will start picking up as seismic shocks such as this one ALWAYS result in an overreaction.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Immigrants, once they reached certain population level, will become territorial and claim other country as theirs. Singapore is not spared too.

One day the Indian will want autonomous rule in the East and the Chinese wants to rule Central Singapore.

With the number of Muslims already in UK, it is too late to turn back unless they ban Islam.

UK have to be racist in order to succeed. Muslims will be served last like how people with long hair were treated in Singapore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

What I am sure would happen is that there will more opportunities for those outside the EU especially those from English speaking countries such as Singapore. In the past employers would readily employ EU citizens without looking at CVs of non-EU citizens because the former do not need work visas. This will change and it will go more on merit.

I would suggest that if you have young relatives with good qualifications to apply for positions in the UK in a year's time.

The same would apply for those in the F&B trade etc.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

nobody even knows what the economic impacts of brexit will be,besides im more into US market and SG market than UK.dont even haven enough money for us and sg investments as it is.

can lend me 20k to invest?if theres going to be a huge financial crisis,it is a sure win proposition.where can i borrow 20k to invest?

Last edited:

Buaya

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's a pity it's Friday. My stupid bank where my trading account is held does not accept positions over the weekend.

My advice.... now it the time to buy. Remember the contrarian always comes out on top.

You're not going to catch the trough but all you have to do is put in 2 to 3% of what you budget for this exercise every couple of days over the next month or so and follow the roller coaster through its lowest point.

As the dust settles and things become clearer, markets will start picking up as seismic shocks such as this one ALWAYS result in an overreaction.

U wanna borrowed Euro short Sterling?
U can always look for rouge investment houses and pledge your seatless bike as collateral.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal

That stupid Obama is to be blamed for the exit. Fancy telling Britannia that she will be going to the back of queue. The Brits sure to be too-lan.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i suggest the world ignore brexit and pretend it never existed,more of a brouhaha over nothing.probably a waste of time and resources if u try to sell some investments and reallocate ur resources for brexit.

Lohmee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Life still goes on even after Brexit.

Don't panic!!

Buaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Breaking News: Britain has voted to leave EU

There are some things I am going buy on-line soon....now that the Pound has taken a pounding, before any other factor sets in that will raise prices......it is good for buyers like me...."make hay while the sun shine"...

import is cheaper, hmmm.... I think you are going to buy more sex toys? :biggrin:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is an interesting referendum as all the major political parties wanted the UK to remain but the people said no. I agree that it will be good for the people. It should never be about maximising profits.

France is quite an interesting case as they have managed to controls their laws very well compared to the UK. Most of the refugee who enter Europe gather at Dover to enter UK but do not want to remain in France as the benefits are not so good. So France will stay and Germany as well as they need the bigger market more as they are a major manufacturing hub.

What it will however lead to is that EU can no longer toy around with a country's sovereignty as they did in the past. The focus will now be on the common market and less inference with a country's laws. They will also have be strict with their admission rules. Greece was admitted with fudged economics figures and they became a drink on others.

The pap, through Grace Fu and Bilahari Kausikan, said that UK citizens are tragically irrational and that UK is committing suicide. What the pap doesnt understand is that UK citizens know themselves better than what the pap knows abt them. UK citizens voted for longevity and happiness, not GDP growth. The pap should just keep their mouths shut.

Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What I am sure would happen is that there will more opportunities for those outside the EU especially those from English speaking countries such as Singapore. In the past employers would readily employ EU citizens without looking at CVs of non-EU citizens because the former do not need work visas. This will change and it will go more on merit.

I would suggest that if you have young relatives with good qualifications to apply for positions in the UK in a year's time.

The same would apply for those in the F&B trade etc.

You raise valid points, however, do not forget that the EU citizens that the Brits currently employ are generally for low paid unskilled jobs which they themselves are unwilling to do e.g. building labourer, waitress etc.

Brexit has opened a Pandora's Box - and the future for everyone doesn't look good.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this will be UK's number one rock song again.

[video=youtube;3T1c7GkzRQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T1c7GkzRQQ[/video]