• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat About food - Lorong 8

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I miss the old Lorong 8 fried prawn Mee, before the reno it was a small stall ran by a Pek, facing the meiban. Now after reno any bro noe where it is ? I know it's not the Changi village or Serangoon one. I kinda miss the wok hey in that Mee. Kum Sia zui zui.

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
That hokkien mee stall of the ah peh has long changed hands since early 2015, due to his ailing health. Before the renovation in late 2010, the hokkien mee stall was facing both Melben crab bee hoon kopitiam & another kopitiam with that famous Guan Kee kuay chap stall. After the renovation, that ah peh was still in charge of that store. I remember when the hawker centre completed the renovation, the lorong 8 had fallen into the hands of PAP Seetoh in GE 2011. The stall arrangement of the hawker centre also changed. The hokkien mee stall became facing the lorong 8 main road instead of the Melben kopitiam.

Good things never last, the ah peh operated lesser hours & days since 2014, until he decided to call it quit. Now, the hawker centre has other food to try, such as that Guan Kee Kuay Chap (previously fr the kopitiam), Hock Kee bak kut teh, scissor economic rice, He Xing Porridge, East Clay fish bee hoon, western food & chicken rice. The Seranggon or Changi Village hokkien mee pale in comparison to that ah peh's skill.

Looks like its been a long time since u last visited lorong 8 hawker centre. Like you, I miss the hawker centre before the renovation.

I miss the old Lorong 8 fried prawn Mee, before the reno it was a small stall ran by a Pek, facing the meiban. Now after reno any bro noe where it is ? I know it's not the Changi village or Serangoon one. I kinda miss the wok hey in that Mee. Kum Sia zui zui.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Its such a shame when family members do not want to carry on a proven and money making dish. Do you know if he had family helping him doing his last days.

That hokkien mee stall of the ah peh has long changed hands since early 2015, due to his ailing health. Before the renovation in late 2010, the hokkien mee stall was facing both Melben crab bee hoon kopitiam & another kopitiam with that famous Guan Kee kuay chap stall. After the renovation, that ah peh was still in charge of that store. I remember when the hawker centre completed the renovation, the lorong 8 had fallen into the hands of PAP Seetoh in GE 2011. The stall arrangement of the hawker centre also changed. The hokkien mee stall became facing the lorong 8 main road instead of the Melben kopitiam.

Good things never last, the ah peh operated lesser hours & days since 2014, until he decided to call it quit. Now, the hawker centre has other food to try, such as that Guan Kee Kuay Chap (previously fr the kopitiam), Hock Kee bak kut teh, scissor economic rice, He Xing Porridge, East Clay fish bee hoon, western food & chicken rice. The Seranggon or Changi Village hokkien mee pale in comparison to that ah peh's skill.

Looks like its been a long time since u last visited lorong 8 hawker centre. Like you, I miss the hawker centre before the renovation.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Meiban... Pls ban. The place is a shame for overpriced dinner n lousy service

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure whether his family members were willing to take over, he only mentioned about his ailing health. Seldom got a chance to chat with him as the queue was always long. Another hokkien mee stalls within toa payoh I can recommend are Kim Keat Hokkien Mee at blk 92 lor 4 kopitiam & Tian Tian Lai Hokkien Mee at blk 127 lor 1 double storey market.

Thanks. Its such a shame when family members do not want to carry on a proven and money making dish. Do you know if he had family helping him doing his last days.