• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 1.3 million out of 2.15 million sinkies over age of 21 yrs, earn $26K/yr or less!WTF!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Fully 60% of all adult sinkies (age 21 and over) earn less then $26,000 or less per year. This is a shocking statistics to me and explains a lot of what is happening in singapore. How did we come to this sad state of affairs?. Given the high cost of living in singapore, generally accepted as the highest in Asia, how do they survive? In many cases, the housing loan alone wipes out one salary. That means on average, the other salary in a 2 income family has to support the family food, clothing, transportation, education, etc expenses on $2167 per month or less. and sinkies are still voting for the PAP? fucking stupid. P.S. I base this on the recent disbursement of GST vouchers to 1.3 million sinkies. You have to be aged 21 to receive it, and you have to earn $26,000 per year or less. I also based it on the recent 2015 GE electorate of eligible voters at 2.15 million as voters also have to be 21 years of age or older.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 1.3 million out of 2.15 million sinkies over age of 21 yrs, earn $26K/yr or less!

They deserve the gahment they voted for.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: 1.3 million out of 2.15 million sinkies over age of 21 yrs, earn $26K/yr or less!

The shopping malls are full of sinkies. My wife and I had to suffer long queues for our first bite of Krispy Kreme donuts, cheese tarts from Japan and Michelin standard tim sum from Tim Ho Wan restaurants.

When I go to Bangkok or Taiwan for holiday or business, I always bump into sinkie tourists. Sinkies can afford to pay the world's highest prices for cars and COEs here. How can it be possible that more than half the working sinkies are earning less than $26k per year?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They deserve the gahment they voted for.

Yes this bunch can live in 2 room hdb flats. Only eat at hawker center. Raise sub standard kids if any at all. Squeeze with smelly ah nehs on public transport. Holiday in Batam and genting. Better dun get sick. Etc etc feel free to add on

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

instead of saying u assume this u assume that,do u have any actual figures?if its true,theres something seriously broken with our economy,our gdp per cap is so high while the disposable income or take home income per resident is so low.so little of the wealth in our economy is actually going into our citizen's pockets.hong kong is right,their gdp per cap may not be as high as singapore,but a large portion majority of their gdp goes to their household disposable income,60 percent compared to SG's less than 30 percent.Sinkies are making less than 30 percent of their gdp.

anyway i just checked the population statistics of sg 2015,there is only about 800 to 900k sinkies aged 1 to 19.which means theres about 2.3 million adults in sg.1.3 million is quite a significant portion.how the fuck can sinkies stand it?living in one of the richest countries in the world yet earning so little.more than half of sinkies are beggars.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

That why we need more FT lah, silly Papsmearer, to create good jobs for sinkies. :o

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That why we need more FT lah, silly Papsmearer, to create good jobs for sinkies. :o

whats the point when none of the good jobs or the pay or the economic benefits goes to sinkies?sinkies are so pathetic.ultimate losers in their own country.beggars,paupers.

Last edited:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes this bunch can live in 2 room hdb flats. Only eat at hawker center. Raise sub standard kids if any at all. Squeeze with smelly ah nehs on public transport. Holiday in Batam and genting. Better dun get sick. Etc etc feel free to add on

They shld be grateful to FAMILEE and their Cronies thats they hve a roof over their head and 3 meals a day.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fully 60% of all adult sinkies (age 21 and over) earn less then $26,000 or less per year. This is a shocking statistics to me and explains a lot of what is happening in singapore. How did we come to this sad state of affairs?. Given the high cost of living in singapore, generally accepted as the highest in Asia, how do they survive? In many cases, the housing loan alone wipes out one salary. That means on average, the other salary in a 2 income family has to support the family food, clothing, transportation, education, etc expenses on $2167 per month or less. and sinkies are still voting for the PAP? fucking stupid. P.S. I base this on the recent disbursement of GST vouchers to 1.3 million sinkies. You have to be aged 21 to receive it, and you have to earn $26,000 per year or less. I also based it on the recent 2015 GE electorate of eligible voters at 2.15 million as voters also have to be 21 years of age or older.

no shocking,this is the norm in all "advanced" cunties.
the lower 50% working like slaves to enrich the top 10%

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

The shopping malls are full of sinkies. My wife and I had to suffer long queues for our first bite of Krispy Kreme donuts, cheese tarts from Japan and Michelin standard tim sum from Tim Ho Wan restaurants.

When I go to Bangkok or Taiwan for holiday or business, I always bump into sinkie tourists. Sinkies can afford to pay the world's highest prices for cars and COEs here. How can it be possible that more than half the working sinkies are earning less than $26k per year?

yeah yeah yeah
u are able to enjoy all the good things in life due to an exploitive system in sillypore
first the garbermen exploit the silly of the silly
next the business exploit the workers
and the sillypootians - the housing agents the insurance agents , salesmen - exploit each other

most rich sillypootians have no morals and ethics.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiyah,the 70% ballsless and brainless sinkees have voted for the MIW,no point complaining now.
They deserved what they voted for .
MIW allowed foreigners to come in to depress the wages of sinkees.
Easier political control of poor and stupid sinkees.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiyah,the 70% ballsless and brainless sinkees have voted for the MIW,no point complaining now.
They deserved what they voted for .
MIW allowed foreigners to come in to depress the wages of sinkees.
Easier political control of poor and stupid sinkees.

Main reason die die PAP refuse to put minimum wage law in Sinkieland.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

This report mentioned those up to 35 years old and those above 57 will have something, if they qualify.

I cannot find anything for those between 36 to 56 years old. Did I missed anything in the report? This group has probably the highest jobless rate, yet too old for mid-career change. They do not qualify for any handouts?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

This report mentioned those up to 35 years old and those above 57 will have something, if they qualify. I cannot find anything for those between 36 to 56 years old. Did I missed anything in the report? This group has probably the highest jobless rate, yet too old for mid-career change. They do not qualify for any handouts?
There are several ways. Firstly, from what I can see, the basic is if you are over 21 and earn $26,000 or less in taxable income, you get either $250 or $500 depending on the value of he home you own. I guess since most sinkies don't own their homes but are tenants, they will qualify for this basic, and the number is 1.3 million. For 65 and over they also get a GST Medisave voucher, again how much depends on the value of their home. The 1.3 million should include those from 35 - 56 as they qualify under over 21 years of age.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's actually assessable income so their salary could be higher. Having said that, this could include their bonus which means there are 1.3m people earning less than 2k a month. Shocking.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because sinkies are brainwashed to have a certain level of expectation only. I met a guy in his late twenties, his salary two years ago was sgd1.3k, working as a technican in a jap company in sg. I was shocked.

Another salaried person I heard commented that 3.5k is reasonable......I was stunned.....why she said reasonable.....on what basis. Obviously, she has not seen civil serpents easily earn 6-8k cho bo lan, and can take one to two years, some four years of no pay leave and yet just hop back on board and get back the same pay where they left off.

..........how the fuck can sinkies stand it?living in one of the richest countries in the world yet earning so little.more than half of sinkies are beggars.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

It's actually assessable income so their salary could be higher. Having said that, this could include their bonus which means there are 1.3m people earning less than 2k a month. Shocking.
U are right, I did not consider that. If they get just a 2 month bonus, then the $26000 must include the bonus. Wow, its really bad. No wonder the recent report mention the poverty level is rising.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

I think it includes PR too. If pure Singaporeans, there wouldnt be 2.15m

kngkng

Alfrescian
Loyal

well , can TS provide the sources of data? it seems fake to me.