• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Recruit Express Services

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good that you share your views abt bad recruitment agencies. I believe that the power if information is important. If recruitment agencies are not sincere and dont serve well despite getting agency fees, they will soon be redundant.

They still have their roles in the job market, like some well-known real estate agents, with fair share of black sheeps in their backyard. I also realised, in the past, certain recruitment agencies, I shall not named, have tendencies to filter out good candidates (in favour of their own lousy kind). I know, because I placed my own ads and they helped me searched too. Ended up, I found more good candidates than them.

As HR in my previous companies, I tried to place direct job ads instead of relying on 3rd party to do the job for me. It save cost and I do my own interview that helps me understand the candidate better than having them gone thru first round of baptism of fire, through freaky recruit agencies, before the candidate meets me.

As employee, I also understand the hassle and trauma of having candidates attending interviews at the recruitment firms before they came to me. If they can skip the first round of interview conducted by recruit agencies, the better, because most companies will likely conduct 2 rounds of shortlisting interview with the candidate.

Anyway, most so-called recruit agencies ain't HR professional too. You can test them out.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
You missed the important point. No one is talking abt anyone owing people a living. The point is that there is no meaningful job available in SG for Singaporeans who worked hard to get a Diploma or a Degree.

@Roll eyes@

Bloody hell, work "hard" get some diploma/degree Big F%%k?

The whore in Tiananmen came out from no where, work "hard" and earn thousands if not millions.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact the HR are using them is to shield the company from "hard-selling" ai-pi-ai-chi jobs to potential candidates..

You nailed it. I already told you recruit agencies have lousy jobs offer, mostly taken from companies you mentioned - want cheaper, better, faster and some didn't want their name to be known in the job market, thus the agencies provide a shield for them.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Roll eyes@

Bloody hell, work "hard" get some diploma/degree Big F%%k?

The whore in Tiananmen came out from no where, work "hard" and earn thousands if not millions.

Be more meaningful in your comments.

If you have nothing worth saying, better to shut up then to make a fool of yourself.

Unlike you, I believe anyone who studied for 12 or 13 years in SG system and gets a Diploma or Degree has achieve something and is worthy of praise. On the contrary, you rubbish their achievements. Sad for your bad attitude towards others

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even Chiew can get part time work with 1k salary. I don't think if you lower your salary to 1k then can't even get a full time job.

Nowadays cleaner also can earn up to 1k, u work or not?

You believe all the bull#^$^^ out there?...ok, I agree, they do employ some OLDIES these days...but that is a "smoke screen" from reality....like I have said, I could write a damn long article...

For example : I had approached, MacDonald's...TRICON, Dairy Farms ( franchiser of 7-11, Photo?, Cold Storage etc...), SMRT, OCBC, UOB, POSB, Bus companies...etc...this was for part-time jobs, to tide over an "economic storm"....

Back then, I was a 'rotten core' to the employers, I was Stinkingporeans....they could get, cheapest FT's....that is why they don't want people like me...now the clown is saying at Standard Chartered Bank recent event.....we are the "CORE"...

I have approached people to be a "kebun" for 1K....even park ranger.....have actually work in orchard road area for $800 a month before CPF.....it was a humbling experience....but I work....cut corner, I work....but how many employers are willing to take in worker for $800....much less a worker to work for $800..

My point is...do not believe the bull shit, you read out there....you have to experience the real world to know, what is going on...the 1K cleaner job, is another bull shitting like the $1K can buy a flat....you must be the 70% moron to believe in all these...

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
You believe all the bull#^$^^ out there?...ok, I agree, they do employ some OLDIES these days...but that is a "smoke screen" from reality....like I have said, I could write a damn long article...

For example : I had approached, MacDonald's...TRICON, Dairy Farms ( franchiser of 7-11, Photo?, Cold Storage etc...), SMRT, OCBC, UOB, POSB, Bus companies...etc...this was for part-time jobs, to tide over an "economic storm"....

Back then, I was a 'rotten core' to the employers, I was Stinkingporeans....they could get, cheapest FT's....that is why they don't want people like me...now the clown is saying at Standard Chartered Bank recent event.....we are the "CORE"...

I have approached people to be a "kebun" for 1K....even park ranger.....have actually work in orchard road area for $800 a month before CPF.....it was a humbling experience....but I work....cut corner, I work....but how many employers are willing to take in worker for $800....much less a worker to work for $800..

My point is...do not believe the bull shit, you read out there....you have to experience the real world to know, what is going on...the 1K cleaner job, is another bull shitting like the $1K can buy a flat....you must be the 70% moron to believe in all these...

Thank you for sharing your experience. There are many pap bloggers here who deny the truth and are out to deceive with their lies here.

I started this thread because I wanted to share the agony of these two job seekers and the pains of their parents who struggled to put them through tertiary education.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never had a difficult time looking for a job, I guess it is just my luck. However I wish to add this to the discussion here - don't rely on government to provide jobs for you. It is not their obligation, and their priority is to hold on to their own jobs. And neither job agencies. Because they will not waste their time "trying" for you. They'll just do what it takes to fulfil their client's requirements. And that means taking the resume that is conveniently located in front of them at the time they need to contact their client, and submit his/her CV, and sit back and collect the commission. They do not earn more by pushing your application further up the picking line. For those who are still studying, or are waiting for their applications' to be replied, find something to do. For a start, let me suggest taking up a part time job like that of a baker, or barber. These are skill sets that will be useful in-between jobs. If I were young once again and had to do it all over again, I would take up baking - its is a skill that could get you a job in any city in the world. And it does not take long to learn the ropes. To be good, though, takes interest and devotion - like anything else.

Cheers!

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be more meaningful in your comments.

If you have nothing worth saying, better to shut up then to make a fool of yourself.

Unlike you, I believe anyone who studied for 12 or 13 years in SG system and gets a Diploma or Degree has achieve something and is worthy of praise. On the contrary, you rubbish their achievements. Sad for your bad attitude towards others

Keep cool Tracy, he is on your side after all.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have never had a difficult time looking for a job, I guess it is just my luck. However I wish to add this to the discussion here - don't rely on government to provide jobs for you. It is not their obligation, and their priority is to hold on to their own jobs. And neither job agencies. Because they will not waste their time "trying" for you. They'll just do what it takes to fulfil their client's requirements. And that means taking the resume that is conveniently located in front of them at the time they need to contact their client, and submit his/her CV, and sit back and collect the commission. They do not earn more by pushing your application further up the picking line. For those who are still studying, or are waiting for their applications' to be replied, find something to do. For a start, let me suggest taking up a part time job like that of a baker, or barber. These are skill sets that will be useful in-between jobs. If I were young once again and had to do it all over again, I would take up baking - its is a skill that could get you a job in any city in the world. And it does not take long to learn the ropes. To be good, though, takes interest and devotion - like anything else.

Cheers!

There are many like us, who do not like to rely on the government to provide them for jobs, but I must add there I expect to get some help since I was paying UNION dues for many years & was appalled by their attitude when I was to of work for a while, I had approached them for some help & was told, I am no longer an UNION MEMBER...& if I want, have to join, paying a fees of a certain amount a year & that does not even constitute me as a union member, good only for signing up for courses, shop at supermarket or gamble at the CLUB....& you have a 'few pennies' in your pocket you still have to pay fees....I must add, that I am not without work experience or qualifications...

That is why..when I hear those Aunties asking me at the supermarket I shake my head & look down...when they ask "member" till this day...

Thanks to them, I SWORE I WILL WORK ON MY OWN...even I have to eat dirt to be where I am today, & made it...until I have my last breathe...I guarantee, I will never vote for people like this...even how much the "leopard had change its spots" or the " old wine in a new bottle or label"...

In one lifetime...I have enough of all their bull shitting...:mad:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I met some young Singaporean adults during the weekend. One was a Diploma graduate from Temasek Poly and another a degree holder from NUS. Both have been looking for abt a year. Both have served their NS. They have applied to Careers@Gov and have not been called up for interviews. In their desperation, they have approached Recruit Express in at Ngee Ann City for part-time, fulltime or contract jobs.

Their predicament has nothing to do with the PAP. It's because a tertiary education is now available to far too many to the point where it has lost its value.

When I went to Uni it was during the era when only the top 2% of any cohort was admitted based upon their A level results.

99% of us already had 2 to 3 job offers even before we graduated.

Scarcity ensures value. If 10 carat diamonds littered the streets they would be worthless too.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many pap bloggers here who deny the truth and are out to deceive with their lies here.

I started this thread because I wanted to share the agony of these two job seekers and the pains of their parents who struggled to put them through tertiary education.

Don't ever believe anything that came out of Straits Times. Shit Times is a Zoo, the reporters are animals under whip. They are the greatest deceivers under the instruction of their PAP master. If you've noticed, most articles were contributed by PAP or the typical exploitive employers who tried to forge loyalty. Some times, they will include "independent" analyst, pro to PAP, and penned very controversial reports far from reality from the ground. I have yet to see any written articles criticising Singapore employers for lack of leadership, lack of productivity, lack of labour retention skill, lack of compassion, lack of foresight, lack of courage, lack of human skills...etc.

As a matter of fact, how many businessmen in Singapore is know to the world or are they simply the pet of GIC waiting to be fed fat for leaning on the govt?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their predicament has nothing to do with the PAP. It's because a tertiary education is now available to far too many to the point where it has lost its value.

When I went to Uni it was during the era when only the top 2% of any cohort was admitted based upon their A level results.

Scarcity ensures value. If 10 carat diamonds littered the streets they would be worthless too.

In any other countries....it is not the government..here IT IS...who controls the Education System & churn out graduates?.....anywhere...everywhere but here...that is why, this is.........!

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal

After 1965 up to seventies, the average school leaver will be happy with factory jobs, retail jobs or simple jobs like typing or book-keeping. I still remember my sibling first job as a retail assistant for only $180 per month.

Expectations have soared and now we have more tertiary graduates, and eventually can the job market absorb all of them here?

Foreigners are now here to take up jobs in retail, factory etc which young Singaporeans shun. For a pittance of salary, foreign IT are willing to take up jobs with superior skills than Singaporeans.

Market here is not to get better. I see more turning to becoming grab/uber drivers.

One thing about Singapore is to have a government that has been intrusive and occupy a huge space in the industry and our lives, and make Singaporeans lose their survival instincts. In earlier times, the chinese folks would turn to becoming hawkers in the streets to eke a living for eg. Now this is forbidden by law.

Now you have them grumbling if times are bad. Seriously can Singaporeans survive on their own without depending on government? If you grumble, it means that the handle is still there.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you have lived in an era of 2 millions populatin, you are viewed as gem. Now we have 6 millions population, qualification is treated like toilet roll. I guess, 70% sinkies have just endorsed such a trend.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't ever believe anything that came out of Straits Times. Shit Times is a Zoo, the reporters are animals under whip. They are the greatest deceivers under the instruction of their PAP master. If you've noticed, most articles were contributed by PAP or the typical exploitive employers who tried to forge loyalty. Some times, they will include "independent" analyst, pro to PAP, and penned very controversial reports far from reality from the ground. I have yet to see any written articles criticising Singapore employers for lack of leadership, lack of productivity, lack of labour retention skill, lack of compassion, lack of foresight, lack of courage, lack of human skills...etc.

As a matter of fact, how many businessmen in Singapore is know to the world or are they simply the pet of GIC waiting to be fed fat for leaning on the govt?

Yes, the pap makes use of media and "consultants" to speak on their behalf. Consultants' views are actually pap's views.

So, dont believe the media or consultants

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
After 1965 up to seventies, the average school leaver will be happy with factory jobs, retail jobs or simple jobs like typing or book-keeping. I still remember my sibling first job as a retail assistant for only $180 per month.

Expectations have soared and now we have more tertiary graduates, and eventually can the job market absorb all of them here?

Foreigners are now here to take up jobs in retail, factory etc which young Singaporeans shun. For a pittance of salary, foreign IT are willing to take up jobs with superior skills than Singaporeans.

Market here is not to get better. I see more turning to becoming grab/uber drivers.

One thing about Singapore is to have a government that has been intrusive and occupy a huge space in the industry and our lives, and make Singaporeans lose their survival instincts. In earlier times, the chinese folks would turn to becoming hawkers in the streets to eke a living for eg. Now this is forbidden by law.

Now you have them grumbling if times are bad. Seriously can Singaporeans survive on their own without depending on government? If you grumble, it means that the handle is still there.

The pap controls supermarkets...provision shops can survive.

The pap controls taxis...no more independent taxi drivers

The pap controls hawker centres, no more freelance hawkers

the pap controls malls...

the pap decides how many graduates can graduate a year

etc

Can Singaporeans be entrepreneurs when the pap controls everything?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
In any other countries....it is not the government..here IT IS...who controls the Education System & churn out graduates?.....anywhere...everywhere but here...that is why, this is.........!

the pap wants to and coontrols everything in SG So when transportation cost is high, rental cost is high and businesses cant compete, the pap is at fault

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That (bullshitting) unfortunately is part of the gahmen's work, and sadly it is here in Peesai that people actually look up to and admire the gahmen for that!! Everywhere else in the world, gahmens are looked upon with suspicion, and disdain. In this, I suppose the Straits Times has a lot to do with the state of things. Just take a look at the bookstores here in Peesai and you notice very conspicuously how books on LKY are displayed. True, he was a great leader, but that's his job. His followers should just be members of the PAP, not every citizen! But no, he is well placed on the pedestal in the eyes of the nation. Those who bad-mouthed him, get slapped, put in their place in society (as outcasts) and thrown in jail by his over zealous fans! And the NTUC, I think they have forgotten what a union is for!

Cheers!

In one lifetime...I have enough of all their bull shitting...:mad:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
That (bullshitting) unfortunately is part of the gahmen's work, and sadly it is here in Peesai that people actually look up to and admire the gahmen for that!! Everywhere else in the world, gahmens are looked upon with suspicion, and disdain. In this, I suppose the Straits Times has a lot to do with the state of things. Just take a look at the bookstores here in Peesai and you notice very conspicuously how books on LKY are displayed. True, he was a great leader, but that's his job. His followers should just be members of the PAP, not every citizen! But no, he is well placed on the pedestal in the eyes of the nation. Those who bad-mouthed him, get slapped, put in their place in society (as outcasts) and thrown in jail by his over zealous fans! And the NTUC, I think they have forgotten what a union is for!

Cheers!

Let us continue to speak the truth. The tide will eventually turn against the pap

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The government merely responds to demand. A tertiary education became a yardstick that defined "making it" in life. The electorate demanded the opportunity and the government responded accordingly.

Nowadays being a graduate means absolutely nothing. As an employer I have come across grads who are incapable of writing a simple report or give a 5 minute presentation coherently.

This sullies the very definition of "graduate". Why they were allowed to graduate is beyond me. I guess it is because a tertiary education has become a business rather than a baptism of fire where only the best emerge from the embers.