• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2016-2017

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was just one of those games but IMHO, the Armenian should be on the bench if he's fit. He may not have adapted to the premier league but his creative and scoring ability would have made a difference. When Mou made the substitution to replace Mata and Lingaard and put on Fellaini and Depay, I knew they'd never score. In fact those two clowns did absolutely nothing. The player he should have taken off was Zlatan and he has not adapted well to the premier league.

Mou has narrowed down his options so much that it's almost impossible to settle on a stable starting eleven each week and the fact that he refuses to prioritize the cup competitions has only made it worse. You simply can't use 16-17 players and compete in all cup competitions. It's not about having a winning mentality as some would allude to but it has to do with having a sensible and practical approach with what is on hand.

Really surprised that henrikh isn't playing. If not 90 min surely one half ? What we needed was speed which we lack. Rashford has speed but he is winger. By the time we are ready to cross Burnley had already packed the fortress. And credit to Tom Heaton who put up an inspired defence. Clattenberg seems to dislike Mourinho. All in all a bad unlucky day. Admist these, a worrying sign, Rojo n blind won't do. They were caught out on two occasions.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really surprised that henrikh isn't playing. If not 90 min surely one half ? What we needed was speed which we lack. Rashford has speed but he is winger. By the time we are ready to cross Burnley had already packed the fortress. And credit to Tom Heaton who put up an inspired defence. Clattenberg seems to dislike Mourinho. All in all a bad unlucky day. Admist these, a worrying sign, Rojo n blind won't do. They were caught out on two occasions.

Precisely. If Henrikh was fit, why was he left out of the bench?In home games and against weaker opponents like Burnley, you'd expect Mou to load his bench with attack oriented players. It's a given that Burnley will park the bus. Sigh... Fellaini and Depay???:mad: I would have been happier if he brought on our world class diver, Ashley Young!!!:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The good news is they're playing like true RED DEVILs. Lady luck just wasn't on our side. I'm sure the the tide will change soon. It is truly a remarkable transformation from the LVG and Moyes days. Credit must go to Mou, faria and the team....

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This headline says it all.

_92149617_express_sunday_zpsqh8rk0ti.jpg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mou cannot continue living in a box indefinitely. Either his personal or professional life will take its toll. The media, tabloids and all are out to crucify him. Quit now and he'll be labelled a loser. IMO, he should hang in there and let the storm pass.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd boss Mourinho on Mkhitaryan: ‘He has to do more’

Jose Mourinho has called on Henrikh Mkhitaryan to produce more for Manchester United.

The Armenian attacker made his first appearance for the Red Devils since the Manchester derby in September in Thursday night's Europa League clash with Fenerbahce.

Mkhitaryan replaced Marcus Rashford in the 61st minute of the 2-1 defeat in Istanbul and according to Mourinho, the summer signing has to show a lot more if he wants to be considered for a starting position.

"He has to do more. It's as simple as that," said Mourinho when asked specifically of the former Borussia Dortmund star.....................

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...he-has-to-do-more-4153597#8pHTC6hTjx3tyBCA.99

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's clear as daylight Henrikh doesn't want to play.Sigh...we have one problem child in Depay and now another.:mad: We have a back 4 that's crumbling with each game. Shaw and Ibra were really poor. I certainly didn't see the leadership the latter was supposed to bring to Old Trafford.:mad::mad:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
REVEALED: Mourinho plans to dump these EIGHT from Man Utd squad

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has seen enough and intends to dump EIGHT players from his squad.

The Telegraph says Mourinho thinks he has underestimated the size of the job he has.

And he is preparing to further revamp his squad, with eight players already lined up for the chop.

Mourinho will allow fringe defenders Marcos Rojo, Matteo Darmian and Phil Jones to leave, midfielders Bastian Schweinsteiger, Morgan Schneiderlin and Michael Carrick will be cut while wingers Memphis Depay and Ashley Young are also set to be moved on......

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...rom-man-utd-squad-4153730#O7AHpzryQPwYcTO6.99

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United eye transfer swoop on Virgil van Dijk of Southampton
Jose
Mourinho and his staff feel there is a lack of grit and mental strength when the Reds go behind in games and have rebuked their defenders in public and privateuthampton to toughen up "soft" back four

Jose Mourinho and his staff feel there is a lack of grit and mental strength when the Reds go behind in games and have rebuked their defenders in public and private.

Jose Mourinho is targeting a move for Virgil van Dijk to add some steel to his defence, writes Steve Bates in the Sunday People.

The Manchester United boss wants the Southampton centre-back to add the leadership and aggression he believes is missing from the backline.

Aside from £30million summer signing Eric Bailly and full-back Antonio Valencia, Mourinho and his staff have been disappointed with the defenders, who they feel are ‘soft’.

The Special One and his assistants have assembled a list of experienced centre-halves – with £30m-rated Dutchman Van Dijk a priority.

The Old Trafford chief and his back-room team at Carrington reckon United’s current back-line lacks grit and are concerned at the lack of mental strength shown when they go behind in games.
Training ground sources claim England international Chris Smalling has come in for fierce criticism from Mourinho and left in no doubt he has to improve after the 4-0 hammering at Chelsea a fortnight ago.

Holland international Daley Blind and England youngster Luke Shaw have also been rebuked in private and public by Mourinho, who will also ditch Marcus Rojo when he buys reinforcements.

The Portuguese boss, who faces a crucial clash at Swansea on Sunday, has also been linked with formidable Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin.
The Uruguayan, 31 in February, is a fierce competitor and has a mean streak Mourinho admires as he searches for a defender with leadership skills like his former Chelsea captain John Terry.

But it’s believed Godin’s £30m release clause is deemed too much by United’s money-men for a player with no re-sale value

Mourinho has also been linked with a move for his countryman and Euro 2016 winner Jose Fonte, also at Southampton, but the Portugal international is 33 next month so has a limited shelf-life.

At 25, Netherlands international Van Dijk – who scored in a Europa League win over Inter Milan on Thursday - is seen as a more viable long-term prospect.2
Jose Mourinho and his staff feel there is a lack of grit and mental strength when the Reds go behind in games and have rebuked their defenders in public and private

Virgil-van-Dijk-manchester-united-main_zpsib1eqsrl.jpg

Will in-demand Virgil van Dijk change from a Saint into a Devil?

Jose Mourinho is targeting a move for Virgil van Dijk to add some steel to his defence, writes Steve Bates in the Sunday People.

The Manchester United boss wants the Southampton centre-back to add the leadership and aggression he believes is missing from the backline.

Aside from £30million summer signing Eric Bailly and full-back Antonio Valencia, Mourinho and his staff have been disappointed with the defenders, who they feel are ‘soft’.

The Special One and his assistants have assembled a list of experienced centre-halves – with £30m-rated Dutchman Van Dijk a priority.

The Old Trafford chief and his back-room team at Carrington reckon United’s current back-line lacks grit and are concerned at the lack of mental strength shown when they go behind in games.

Training ground sources claim England international Chris Smalling has come in for fierce criticism from Mourinho and left in no doubt he has to improve after the 4-0 hammering at Chelsea a fortnight ago.

Holland international Daley Blind and England youngster Luke Shaw have also been rebuked in private and public by Mourinho, who will also ditch Marcus Rojo when he buys reinforcements.

The Portuguese boss, who faces a crucial clash at Swansea on Sunday, has also been linked with formidable Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin.

Mourinho and his staff are understood to be dissatisfied with Smalling and Blind
The Uruguayan, 31 in February, is a fierce competitor and has a mean streak Mourinho admires as he searches for a defender with leadership skills like his former Chelsea captain John Terry.

But it’s believed Godin’s £30m release clause is deemed too much by United’s money-men for a player with no re-sale value.

"Man United panic-bought" during summer splurge claims pundit Jenas
Mourinho has also been linked with a move for his countryman and Euro 2016 winner Jose Fonte, also at Southampton, but the Portugal international is 33 next month so has a limited shelf-life.

Godin has the game and the attitude to help "soft" United, but his age is an issue. At 25, Netherlands international Van Dijk – who scored in a Europa League win over Inter Milan on Thursday - is seen as a more viable long-term prospect.

Schneiderlin a January target for Palace after being sidelined by Mourinho
And he would come with the added bonus of having already played more than a season in the Premier League after his £11.5m switch from Scottish giants Celtic last September.

Van Dijk is rated at £30m, and has proved useful at both ends of the pitch for Southampton

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-eye-transfer-swoop-9201361

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can makan Swans tonight, how? :p

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37814290

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Steve Wilson: "Since the end of August, Manchester United have lost as many as they've won in all competitions - hardly what their dreams were made of when Mourinho, Zlatan and Pogba were employed.
"The race for supremacy in the Premier League seems to be taking place somewhere in the middle distance - almost out of United's sight already. They have failed to even score a league goal in almost five hours of play.

"Swansea, however, would love United's problems - eighth place and still in Europe? Happy days!
"Bob Bradley was honest in his assessment of their defeat at Stoke on Monday - not good enough.
"Bradley is no fool - he's played with three different systems in his three matches in charge - but has yet to find a winning formula.
"If they break that duck against United, imagine the storm which would greet Mourinho."

SAM's verdict
Most probable score: 1-1Probability of draw: 30%
Probability of home win: 27%Probability of away win: 43%

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok 3-1, fatty Rooney played himself into first team inclusion with 2 assists. Is he good ? Average I think. Swansea first half performance is pathetic. They gave Man U too much respect. Pogba's goal is a gem. Rooney's first assist is lucky, thanks to static Swansea defence. Second assist is ok but Ibra still have to demonstrate strength and skill to hold off defender before slotting home.

But the point is this, Man U go completely clueless in second half, lack pace lack penetration when Swansea stepped up to apply pressure. The midfield trio last night lack any pace. I am surprised fosu is not given a start in either defence or midfield. I would line to see him partner Pogba.

So I think we cannot think we rounded the corner yet. Questions unanswered. Next up against the nippy Ozil n Walcott, Rojo n jones are looking suspects.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Swansea first half performance is pathetic....Man U go completely clueless in second half, lack pace lack penetration ...the midfield trio last night lack any pace. I am surprised fosu is not given a start in either defence or midfield. I would line to see him partner Pogba.
So I think we cannot think we rounded the corner yet. Questions unanswered.
Well put. 1st half flattered us, with swans playing with their tails (between legs). And we went belly up 2nd half.

Weird team line up -no wingers, no Rashford. Fosu shd be better utilised, and his physique suits JM to a T

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Swans played to Bradley's cautious instructions in the first half i.e. not to concede unnecessary free kicks and corners. Frustrate them just like what the other teams have done. There was more composure and purposeful about United's first half performance and fortunately for us the shooting boots came on.

What was even more shocking about the Swan's game was the fact that Smalling and Shaw refused to play because they were not 100% fit. United can do without players like these and I'm sure the fans are going react. Farking idiots!!! We were already down to the bones in defence and they chose not to play!:oIo:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like many Man U fans, I would urge Mou to rid of these players at the next opportunity.Not expecting much this season but I'm sure the fans are behind the manager 100%.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will give some sympathy to shaw after his horrific injury I can understand. As for Smalling i think he is disheartened by the criticism recently but geng is universal I believe not just SAF

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will give some sympathy to shaw after his horrific injury I can understand. As for Smalling i think he is disheartened by the criticism recently but geng is universal I believe not just SAF

Shaw had a very poor game and fitness was always an issue since he joined United. Where Smalling is concerned, his concentration during the game has always been in doubt. His seniority and experience at club and country level would have helped especially at a time where our center half options are limited.

My guess is they dun want to take the rap if United loses again. Playing through pain is nothing new in football. Fergie did it with Valencia , Rooney,Evra and many others. Still can't believe that Mou put Jones who didn't train as he was just coming back from an injury. It says alot about the character and mentality of some of these players.

Tactically, Mou did the right thing by playing Darmian and Young on the defensive wings to check on speedy wingers of Swansea,especially Barrow. Mou knew that the two center half were sitting ducks if they dun stop the crosses coming in from the left or right. I just hope they keep Darmian.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[FONT=&amp]Pogba was a doubt due to injury in prior game, yet he shouldered on.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic apologises over yellow card from Swansea game

The striker will miss the match with Arsenal as a result of the booking

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
zlatan-ibrahimovic-apologises-over-yellow-card-from-swansea-game-136411121306936101-161107162652.jpg
[/FONT]

Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has apologised for landing the suspension that will rule him out of his side’s clash with Arsenal a week on Saturday.
A 76th-minute tangle with Leroy Fer led to Ibrahimovic picking up his fifth yellow card of the season in Sunday’s 3-1 victory at Swansea – a match in which the 35-year-old Swede scored twice.
It means he will be serving a one-game ban when the Gunners visit Old Trafford on November 19.
View image on Twitter

And Ibrahimovic told MUTV: “You know what? Every time I try to play my game by being strong and going into the tackles, or whatever it is, I get a yellow card.
“I don’t know what the explanation was because I think I was too tired and I didn’t hear him (referee Neil Swarbrick). It is what it is. In England, the football is hard, it’s physical.

“I just have to accept it. I’ve got to be professional. I’m sorry I am suspended for the next game. I wish I wasn’t as it’s a game I really wanted to play in.”
Ibrahimovic’s brace, ending a six-game goal drought, took him to eight for the season so far.
There was also a superb strike from United’s record signing Paul Pogba – his fourth goal since his summer switch from Juventus – as the Red Devils registered their first win in five Premier League outings and moved up to sixth in the table.
United boss Jose Mourinho on Sunday appeared to be making reference to defenders Chris Smalling and Luke Shaw when he suggested some of his players were less willing to play through pain than others.
View image on Twitter
Pogba played the full duration of the Swansea game, despite having been an injury doubt after limping off in the first half of Thursday’s 2-1 Europa League defeat at Fenerbahce.

And he said after the match at the Liberty Stadium, regarding his condition: “I always say that when you go with your head the rest will follow. It’s not done, but I was fit enough to play and the gaffer picked me.”
The France midfielder added: “I think every player wanted to win this game and everyone was focused.
“We gave it our best and gave everything. The first half (when United scored all three of their goals) was unbelievable.
“It was one of the best first-half performances so far and that’s how we have to play, we have to give everything, we have to press all together and when we play together we play like that.”
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Last edited: