• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2016-2017

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oi...Jose, we beat Northampton and not Chelsea. Best if Jose keep his thoughts to himself and just get on with the work.:biggrin: He'll make more enemies than Hitler ever did...

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jose Mourinho says he WILL bench Wayne Rooney
-and declares England criticism HAS affected his skipper

_91364954_sunback.png.jpeg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-says-bench-wayne-8901485

"If he has to go on the bench, he goes on the bench. If he has to stay at home, he stays at home, but that doesn't mean you don't trust him" declared Mourinho

Jose Mourinho says Wayne Rooney has been left broken by criticism of his form - but warned the Manchester United skipper he is not immune from the axe. Mourinho said Rooney has not been the same since his laboured display in England's recent unconvincing win in Slovakia was highlighted.

Rooney has struggled since then, but Mourinho told the striker he can expect no special privileges with regard to his United place - despite being captain. Asked if Rooney's status as captain made him immune from the drop, Mourinho said: "No, not at all.
"Wayne is the captain of the club. He's trusted by the players, he's trusted by myself and he represents the club in a fantastic way as a player and person.

"But in football, everyone is the same and if he has to go on the bench, he goes on the bench.
"If he has to stay at home, he stays at home, but that doesn't mean you don't trust him or you have a problem. Not at all. We have no problems.
"He's our captain, but of course, no privileges. He's like anyone else."

But Mourinho claimed Rooney had been affected by the flak that came his way after the Slovakia game, in which the forward struggled.
"Honestly, I think there was a Wayne before the Slovakia and England game and a Wayne after Slovakia and England," said Mourinho. "And I'm not blaming Sam [Allardyce], not at all.

"I'm blaming the people that after the England and Slovakia game who were, in my opinion, too strong with somebody that is a very important player in the history of English football, the captain of England, the record goalscorer, and who is almost has the record for most matches.

"I think it was too much but I still think, a big boy like he is, he has to face it in a strong way."
Rooney could find himself benched for today's visit of champions Leicester to Old Trafford, following his abject display in United's midweek EFL Cup win at Northampton.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yet another UK lunch time and early crunch time last season's champs Foxes. How?
Think it's a bit early to write off JM yet, as many doom sayers seem to bury him past week.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho says Wayne Rooney has been affected by "strong" criticism
he received after England's recent win over Slovakia.

Rooney has endured a frustrating season and his place in the United team has been called into question in the build-up to Saturday's match with Leicester.

"I think there was a Wayne before the Slovakia-England and a Wayne after the Slovakia-England," Mourinho said.
England won 1-0 in Trnava but Rooney did not impress in a midfield role.
Mourinho added: "I am not blaming Sam [Allardyce, England manager], not at all.
"I am blaming the people that after England-Slovakia were, in my opinion, too strong with somebody that is a very important player in the history of English football.
"I think it was too much but I still think, a big boy like he is, he has to face it in a strong way."

Mourinho also insisted his captain is not too important to be dropped from the starting XI.

"[In] football everyone is the same and if he has to go on the bench, he goes on the bench. If he has to stay at home, he stays at home," he said.
"But that doesn't mean that you don't trust him or you have a problem. Not at all.
"We have no problems. He is our captain but, of course, no privilege - he is like anyone else."

TEAM NEWS

United forward Anthony Martial will miss the visit of Leicester because of heavy bruising on his calf and ankle.
Luke Shaw and Henrikh Mkhitaryan are fit after groin and thigh injuries respectively but Phil Jones is out.
Leicester keeper Kasper Schmeichel has overcome concussion but has a muscle strain which could delay his return.
Marcin Wasilewski is banned after his midweek red card against Chelsea, while Nampalys Mendy will not be risked.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Simon Brotherton: "Three league defeats in a row is almost unthinkable for Jose Mourinho and has only happened once before in his managerial career, but he'll need to find a better formula than the one used at Vicarage Road a week ago to avoid it happening this weekend.
"Last week's win over Burnley was more like it from Leicester, with new signing Islam Slimani scoring twice on his league debut. But the champions haven't started well on their travels this season, losing at Hull and Liverpool.
"Leicester's only win in the last 16 meetings with Manchester United was the memorable 5-3 game two years ago. Both matches ended 1-1 last season, with the latter draw in May preceding Leicester's title celebrations two days later when Spurs lost at Chelsea."
Twitter: @SimonBrotherton

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho on Leicester City:
"They won the Premier League because some of the big teams were not good enough last season, but they won because they were very good and they are still very good.
"Their defensive process is clear, their attacking organisation is very easy to understand, too, but it is very difficult to cope with it.
"It is very difficult to keep a clean sheet against a team like Leicester and it is difficult to score goals against a team like Leicester."

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri:
"We are fearless. Why are we scared to go there? More than lose, what can we do there? "I enjoy - 70,000 people is amazing, fantastic. I don't want to go when there is just you and me to play. It is a very bad show.

"When you go in this big stadium you want to show your best."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Leicester are still a decent side but, understandably, they have struggled to replace N'Golo Kante and are not at the same level they were last season.
I think they will let Manchester United have some chances on Saturday and I am backing Jose Mourinho's side to win, with the proviso he has to address his selection issues.
Prediction: 2-1

Lawro's full predictions v world number one darts player Michael van Gerwen

• Think you can do better than Lawro? Predict the score for this match and the rest of this round's Premier League fixtures in our Predictor game.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Manchester United are unbeaten in seven home league games against Leicester, whose only win in their 18 most recent trips to Old Trafford came in January 1998 courtesy of a Tony Cottee winner.
  • Three of Leicester's six victories away to Manchester United came before the Second World War.
  • Leicester's solitary win in the last 16 competitive meetings came in September 2014 when they triumphed 5-3 at home in the Premier League.

Manchester United

• Jose Mourinho could suffer three consecutive league defeats for only the second time in his career, having previously done so at Chelsea last year.
  • Mourinho has lost 12 of his last 23 league games as a manager. His previous 12 league defeats came over a period of 110 games.
  • Manchester United have not lost two of their opening three home matches in a league season since 1986-87.
  • They have covered 526.6km, less ground than any other team in the Premier League so far this season.
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored in six successive home league appearances, amassing 12 goals.

Leicester City

• The Foxes have gone four successive away matches without a win in the league. They could lose three away games in a row for the first time since December 2014.
  • If Leicester lose they will equal the three Premier League defeats they suffered in the entirety of last season.
  • Islam Slimani has scored 22 goals in 23 league appearances in 2016, including nine headers.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored in three of his four games against Manchester United in all competitions.
  • Claudio Ranieri has not lost any of his last four meetings against a team led by Jose Mourinho (W2, D2).
SAM's verdict
Most probable score: 1-0Probability of draw: 23%
Probability of home win: 60%Probability of away win: 17%

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37393483

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regardless with the amount spent, no excuse not to win. Even Moyes is expected to wipe the floor with Leicester if he has spent 100m in a single transfer window.

Drop Rooney for god sake n stick rashford.

Leicester plays with speed - Rooney will drag everyone down. Counter w speed with speed.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
finally finally...Man U clicked.
without Rooney without Fellani.
its like finding oasis after a long trek in desert.
next match i fear, Rooney will be back.

i think somehow, Mourniho would want him to get 4 goals and fuck off so that he can break the record, at the expense and agony of the fans.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think somehow, Mourniho would want him to get 4 goals and fuck off so that he can break the record, at the expense and agony of the fans.

Mourinho should put him out to pasture in the MLS with his fellow ex England team mates Gerrard and Lampard.

jw5

Loyal
finally finally...Man U clicked.
without Rooney without Fellani.
its like finding oasis after a long trek in desert.
next match i fear, Rooney will be back.

Next match is Europa League at home vs FC Zorya Luhansk, so yes, he will be back. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next match is Europa League at home vs FC Zorya Luhansk, so yes, he will be back. :biggrin:
Another outing for the fringe players.
Hell, I think Bastian will play better than him.
I cannot decide whether Rooney roll faster on ground than he run ?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jose Mourinho has reportedly told Wayne Rooney not to question the performances of other players until he sorts himself out.

The Manchester United captain was dropped to the bench for Saturday's 4-1 win over Leicester City, only entering as a late sub for Marcus Rashford.

Mourinho tells Man Utd skipper Rooney not to complain…

The Sun is reporting that Mourinho has implored Rooney to worry about his own personal form before he criticises his teammates for underperforming.

It is understood that the Portuguese tactician has told the skipper that he cannot lecture or complain about other players until he himself finds some semblance top form.

Rooney reportedly got stuck into the playing group at half-time of the 2-1 derby loss to Manchester City but Mourinho has since intervened and urged the England captain to refrain from any future earbashing unless he can quickly turn his subpar displays around.

Rooney was replaced in the starting line-up by Jesse Lingard and now has a real fight on his hands to win his back into Mourinho's starting line-up.

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...y-not-to-complain-4148205#DCOdi5VPJFJswzah.99

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's constantly berating his colleagues for all the problems but never see himself as the root cause of it. He wants to decide who he should play with, tactics and the players United should buy. I still recall the moment when he let off a volley of expletives at the defenders but within earshot of Ferguson, and the old gaffer had none of it and blasted him from the sidelines. You could tell that Ferguson was fuming and that sorry sod started chasing down the opponents.

I am sure that when he leaves the club, there will be a rejuvenation of sorts and the club can move on to greater heights.
Man U should just shoot him and feed him to the crocs at the zoo.:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United's Wayne Rooney ready to see out his contract as a squad player after Jose Mourinho axe

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-wayne-rooney-ready-8912847

The Red Devils' 30-year-old captain has two years to run on his current deal and it's understood he's got no intention of acting on interest from MLS

MAIN-Rooney-Jose_zps710zzlow.jpg

United looked more threatening without Rooney as they beat champions Leicester

Wayne Rooney is prepared to accept he is no longer an automatic pick for Manchester United following Jose Mourinho’s decision to drop him.
Skipper Rooney was benched by new manager Mourinho for Saturday's win over Leicester after a poor run of form, and now knows he can no longer expect to be one of the first names on the Old Trafford giants' teamsheet.

Although he is set to be restored to the starting line-up for Thursday’s Europa League tie at home to Ukrainian side Zorya Luhansk, he knows his days as United’s main man are over.

But Rooney, who has two years left on his contract with a mutual option for a third, has no intention of leaving United simply because he can no longer be guaranteed a starting place.

Rooney - 31 next month - has been linked with a big-money move to Major League Soccer , but those close to him say he is determined to see out his United deal despite his new-found status as a squad player.
United’s 4-1 win over the champions - their most impressive display under Mourinho - seemingly vindicated the decision to drop Rooney, who has looked out of sorts since the start of the season.

With more pace, penetration and purpose about their play without Rooney, the United skipper knows he must now come to terms with being rotated. Rooney came on for the last seven minutes of Saturday’s match, but has been forced to confront the uncomfortable truth that he is now seen as being dispensable after 12 years at Old Trafford.

Fellow Reds legend Gary Neville, who played alongside Rooney for club and country and then coached him with England, said the forward will have to get used to being rotated in and out of the team by Mourinho.

“This is a transition into a new phase of his career, where he’s potentially got to play a different way,” said Sky Sports pundit Neville.

“No player at 22 is the same at 32, 33, 34.
"If you look at Paul Scholes, he went from a marauding midfielder to a holding midfield player, Steven Gerrard the same, Ryan Giggs from a flying winger to a central midfield player.
“Rooney’s going through that period now. I think potentially there will be a little bit of relief for him, in the sense of the scrutiny around him in the last week.
“It’s how he reacts to it.
"There will come a point where he will have to make that decision of either playing every week or coming to that point in his career where he may come out of the team one week, then go back in and adapt to that type of position.”

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A MATA OF TIME Manchester United news:
Jose Mourinho in talks with Spanish star Juan Mata
over new deal along with Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1853408/manchester-united-news-jo

The World Cup winner told the United boss he is "desperate" to stay at Old Trafford

nintchdbpict000269469788-e1474887824459_zpsczvzigkg.jpg

Mata impressed in his #10 role

The 28-year-old has two years left on his current £130,000-a-week deal but is keen to tie-up an extension.
The ex-Valencia ace is believed to be settled in the Manchester area and is happy with life in England.
A United source said: “There have been talks, but Juan is still in the dark over his future at the club.

"He is desperate to stay and likes his life in the Manchester area. It is all down to Jose's decision now.
"United don't want to leave this one rumbling though and are keen to sort it before the New Year."
Mata starred this weekend as he moved into the number 10 role to help United beat Champions Leicester 4-1 at Old Trafford.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Big mouth fatty Sam is now gone. With him, 8 little dwarfs suspected of accepting bribes....Mourniho is one of them?
Suddenly LVG is one of candidates for UK job....i cannot imagine his philosphy of football with the England team...then again, on the national side level, it might work...if you dont concede, at least you don't lose.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho moves to give Sir Alex Ferguson a bigger say at Old Trafford

Jose Mourinho has moved to increase Sir Alex Ferguson's influence on decision-making at Old Trafford
as part of the manager's efforts to return Manchester United to the summit of English football.

CP43667256_zpsjnfivwjh.jpg

Old rivals: But Mourinho and Sir Alex were to later become close friends

JS96523851-1_zpsb5tks8wr.jpg

Sir Bobby Charlton has been pushed out of the picture, too

Ferguson has been the most publicly prominent member of United's 'Football Club Board' since the Glaswegian voluntarily stepped down as manager in the summer of 2013. His directorship, however, has been essentially titular, with the main board of Manchester United plc regularly ignoring his counsel on how the club should be run.

Though Ferguson was allowed to select his immediate successor as manager as a condition of his retirement, the nine-man plc board is understood to have excluded him from the appointment processes that resulted in first Louis van Gaal in 2014, then Mourinho this summer, taking the key job.

United's other Football Club Board directors, including Sir Bobby Charlton and former chief executive David Gill, have also been sidelined.
The main plc board comprising of Glazer siblings Joel, Avram, Kevin, Bryan, Darcie, and Edward, plus executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward, group managing director Richard Arnold and commercial director Jamieson Reigle. None of the nine directors possess experience of running a football club before joining United's board.
According to club sources, Ferguson has been frustrated by the limitations of his own directorship at United.

While the Scot has been well remunerated by the Glazers in his role as a 'global ambassador' for the club, Ferguson believes his experience, knowledge and skills should be deployed to help run United more efficiently.

Mourinho is sympathetic to that position and is pushing for Ferguson's subsidiary board to be more closely integrated with the Glazer-led plc board.

The Portuguese has long held a strong relationship with the 74-year-old, and was initially selected by Ferguson to take over as United's manager for the 2013/14 season before Roman Abramovich intervened to tempt him back to Chelsea for a second spell.

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/...manchester-united-boss-jose-mourinho-11960968

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UPCOMING FIXTURES Oct

MON 17 OCT 2016 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Liverpool v Man Utd 20:00

THU 20 OCT 2016 - EUROPA LEAGUE
Man Utd v Fenerbahçe 20:05

SUN 23 OCT 2016 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea v Man Utd 16:00

WED 26 OCT 2016 - EFL CUP
Man Utd v Man City 20:00

Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UPCOMING FIXTURES Oct

MON 17 OCT 2016 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Liverpool v Man Utd 20:00

THU 20 OCT 2016 - EUROPA LEAGUE
Man Utd v Fenerbahçe 20:05

SUN 23 OCT 2016 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea v Man Utd 16:00

WED 26 OCT 2016 - EFL CUP
Man Utd v Man City 20:00

How about vs Stoke tonight K.O at 7pm in the EPL?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another insipid display, and a stupid error to concede a goal.
season's over guys. 1-1 against the low ranking team at home, curtains down.
David de Gea seems to have degenerated somewhat. Maybe because there is not so much for him to do, letting his guard down.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another insipid display, and a stupid error to concede a goal.
season's over guys. 1-1 against the low ranking team at home, curtains down.
David de Gea seems to have degenerated somewhat. Maybe because there is not so much for him to do, letting his guard down.

Based on what I've seen of United thus far, Mourinho is no better or worse than LvG. In fact United had more points under LvG at this time last year!
They had so many opportunites to kill this game but didn't.

Plenty for Mourinho to think about during the international break and their visit to Anfield.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho moves to give Sir Alex Ferguson a bigger say at Old Trafford
Ferguson has been the most publicly prominent member of United's 'Football Club Board' since the Glaswegian voluntarily stepped down as manager in the summer of 2013. His directorship, however, has been essentially titular, with the main board of Manchester United plc regularly ignoring his counsel on how the club should be run.
hough Ferguson was allowed to select his immediate successor as manager as a condition of his retirement, the nine-man plc board is understood to have excluded him from the appointment processes that resulted in first Louis van Gaal in 2014, then Mourinho this summer, taking the key job.

The main plc board comprising of Glazer siblings Joel, Avram, Kevin, Bryan, Darcie, and Edward, plus executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward, group managing director Richard Arnold and commercial director Jamieson Reigle. None of the nine directors possess experience of running a football club before joining United's board.
According to club sources, Ferguson has been frustrated by the limitations of his own directorship at United...................

IMHO, Man U is not just a football club but a commercial enterprise. Commercial decisions are made by the Glazers and a handful of them. Personally, it doesn't make any sense to include Charlton and Ferguson but I thought David Gill could contribute with his wealth of experience and ability.

What is almost completely lost is the tacit knowledge of the experienced staff that formed the core and backbone of the club. Well unscrambling the DNA or reinventing will take some time and it will not be easy for Jose. It would be nice if they could form a technical team with SAF included.Jose should use him to make his life easier.:biggrin: